Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will 7.2.5 be delayed significantly?

Looks like we're nowhere near a final build on the PTR yet, class tuning and raid tuning is still underway and they haven't even done a tuning pass at the new legendaries yet. The chromie scenario also didn't have a tuning pass yet.

This all leads me to believe that 7.2.5 is still a good 1 or 2 full months away, despite the schedule saying it pretty much needs to come out in 2 or 3 weeks when the breaching the tomb chain ends.

What do you guys think?

I think FF new update actually dictates when 7.2.5 drops.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    This all leads me to believe that 7.2.5 is still a good 1 or 2 full months away, despite the schedule saying it pretty much needs to come out in 2 or 3 weeks when the breaching the tomb chain ends.

What do you guys think?
    I think you, like so many others before, still think that Tomb has to be tied together with another patch release. That is not the case. Tomb is tied in with the 7.2 patch. 7.2.5 is a different patch and can come out the same day as tomb, the day before or a month after, and it will have no effect. It doesn't matter that the Legionfall storyline is about to end with the opening of the Tomb, the patch is not related to that at all.

Deleted
    Looks like we're nowhere near a final build on the PTR yet, class tuning and raid tuning is still underway and they haven't even done a tuning pass at the new legendaries yet. The chromie scenario also didn't have a tuning pass yet.

What do you guys think?
    Or they're just going to give it a go and fix stuff later as they did with 7.1.5. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    I think you, like so many others before, still think that Tomb has to be tied together with another patch release. That is not the case. Tomb is tied in with the 7.2 patch. 7.2.5 is a different patch and can come out the same day as tomb, the day before or a month after, and it will have no effect. It doesn't matter that the Legionfall storyline is about to end with the opening of the Tomb, the patch is not related to that at all.
    I doubt we're going to see a big patch with sweeping class changes hit shortly after tomb released. Besides nighthold was part of the 7.0 release of legion, but opened exactly with 7.1.5. Most bosses hadn't even been tested, when 7.2 released.
    Last edited by mmoce193b9fd19; 2017-05-27 at 07:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I think FF new update actually dictates when 7.2.5 drops.
    Almost definitely this which i think is in about 3 weeks time

Considering the history of patches so far this expac I think they're just going to shove it out the door and fix whatever lag/disconnect/horrendous imbalance/game breaking bugs arise as they go.

Just remember this is what we, the playerbase demanded by complaining about slow patch cycles. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxz View Post
    Considering the history of patches so far this expac I think they're just going to shove it out the door and fix whatever lag/disconnect/horrendous imbalance/game breaking bugs arise as they go.

Just remember this is what we, the playerbase demanded by complaining about slow patch cycles. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    You act as if Blizzard isn't a corporation with consumer standards and can be scrutinized thusly.

What is it with people in forgetting exactly how the corporate world works? Like, i understand you wish everything was as simple as running a mom and pop storefront in the middle of Louisville, Kentucky, but it's not how the world works sweet heart.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

If you think they'll open tomb completly untuned and without the myriad of class changes incoming then you're really delusional. There is a reason the real raid testing happens now and they're still tuning the classes heavily. It's because they need that to be done before they can open tomb. As tomb is now, it's a barely playable badly tuned mess where half the bosses don't even work properly.

If they were planning on opening tomb without 7.2.5, then 7.2.5 would contain no class changes and tomb would'nt need to be raid tested anymore, as it would be already done.
    Last edited by Magicpot; 2017-05-27 at 07:32 PM.

Deleted
    They said they won't be releasing a patch with many class changes, like 7.2.5, mid raid.
    Same thing happened with 7.1.5, which was released right before Nighthold opened or right after Emerald Nightmare and Trial of Valor "ended", it didn't drop during a raid.

If memory serves me well, they also said they believe 1 week is enough for people to get used to their class' changes, so the week before the new raid is the perfect time for them to release similar patches. If anything, they'd rather postpone Tomb as well, not only the patch.
    But their time schedule seems rather strict, they can't have the Legionfall campaign end without having opened Tomb, it defeats the campaign's time gating purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ckaelir View Post
    They said they won't be releasing a patch with many class changes, like 7.2.5, mid raid.
    Same thing happened with 7.1.5, which was released right before Nighthold opened or right after Emerald Nightmare and Trial of Valor "ended", it didn't drop during a raid.

If memory serves me well, they also said they believe 1 week is enough for people to get used to their class' changes, so the week before the new raid is the perfect time for them to release similar patches. If anything, they'd rather postpone Tomb as well, not only the patch.
    But their time schedule seems rather strict, they can't have the Legionfall campaign end without having opened Tomb, it defeats the campaign's time gating purpose.
    7.2.5 coming out one week before tomb opens would mean one of two things:

1) 7.2.5 comes out either 06.06.2017 or 13.06.2017 (The last campaign quest unlocks 13.06.2017 and then they can pretty much do a week until open give or take)
    2) Tomb is delayed significantly.

If we don't see 7.2.5 before Tomb, then I expect it to be out 2 months later. It would be foolish to drop the patch with its sweeping class changes during progression.

7+ Year Old Account

1) 7.2.5 comes out either 06.06.2017 or 13.06.2017 (The last campaign quest unlocks 13.06.2017 and then they can pretty much do a week until open give or take)
    And for all we know, one of the campaign quests might be to do 3 5-day OH missions, which would give them and extra 2 weeks

they can't let stormblood release without any new content coming from wow on the same day. it's a deadline they can't budge from

Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post
    they can't let stormblood release without any new content coming from wow on the same day. it's a deadline they can't budge from
    A broken patch would do more harm than a delay.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

If you think they'll open tomb completly untuned and without the myriad of class changes incoming then you're really delusional. There is a reason the real raid testing happens now and they're still tuning the classes heavily. It's because they need that to be done before they can open tomb. As tomb is now, it's a barely playable badly tuned mess where half the bosses don't even work properly.

If they were planning on opening tomb without 7.2.5, then 7.2.5 would contain no class changes and tomb would'nt need to be raid tested anymore, as it would be already done.
    If you think blizz will let FF get a head start you are fucking delusional

Except there's a lot of mechanical changes coming WITH 7.2.5 that will drastically alter how we play in Tomb, especially for Guardians, Brewmasters, Warlocks (non-Demo), etc. They also usually have a substantial hotfix a week or two after a new raid releases to balance classes a bit better than the PTR.

So while, yes, the raid CAN come out before the patch (the raid's all in-game, they just have to flip a switch), it's a lot more likely that it'll come out after/with the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    A broken patch would do more harm than a delay.

That sure as hell didn't stop them from putting out 6.1 (Selfie/Twitter patch that some devs called a "major content patch") and 7.2 (the "largest patch to date" yet had practically no content for weeks on top of losing a ton of subs due to iLvl scaling nonsense and other bullshit), and IIRC, those two patches weren't to interfere with another company, yet you think they'll be silent on Stormblood's release? Lol.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-05-27 at 08:34 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I think this thread with the exact same contents appears before every patch drop.

Deleted
    3 weeks is plenty of time

Deleted
    7.2.5 will be out before mid of June. The raid could be delayed, but I highly doubt it.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong.

14 out of 15 on 30th of May
    15 out of 15 on 6th of June (15 out of 15 will require you to kill KJ in ToS).

7.2.5 is definitely coming out before ToS. There are to many class changes for them to not release it before the next raid. It would cause a lot of issues. My guess is that 7.2.5 is no more than a few weeks away. They already released the raid preview. The class forums have been dead the last few weeks as far as dev feedback. I think they are mostly happy (even though players are not) where classes stand. We will probably see the next raid by the end of June. I don't see them waiting for stormblood. That would be a mistake. Blizzard is known for this. I would not doubt it if we saw a RC build drop on the ptr either next week or following week.