Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Where would you go if the Yellowstone Volcano erupted tomorrow?

Obviously it's extremely, extremely and let me reiterate extremely unlikely that the Yellowstone Volcano will erupt anytime soon, it's still fun to specute.

Say the Yellowstone Volcano magically erupted tomorrow, where would you go? Assuming you're either in Canada, America or somewhere that would be profoundly affected by its eruption (not going to name specific places because with these scenarios they're usually very over-exaggerated).
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2017-05-21 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Obviously it's extremely, extremely and let me reiterate extremely unlikely that the Yellowstone Volcano will erupt anytime soon, it's still fun to specute.

Say the Yellowstone Volcano magically erupted tomorrow, where would you go? Assuming you're either in Canada, America or somewhere that would be profoundly affected by its eruption (not going to name specific places because with these scenarios they're usually very over-exaggerated).
    IRL stream it on twitch until they ban my channel. Then broadcast on youtube until the same thing happens.

Are we talking just a regular eruption? - Or the entire caldera going - a "supererption" they occasionally talk about

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    IRL stream it on twitch until they ban my channel. Then broadcast on youtube until the same thing happens.
    Hopefully you're no where in the US Midwest/west coast - cause if it is the supereruption, you won't be streaming anything ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm far enough away in south texas that I would be fine. At least initially

7+ Year Old Account
    Buy the heaviest jacket/pants, Boots and canned food, gonna be a cold one.

Deleted
    If you mean a super eruption, well safe here in the Uk, until the atmosphere starts to choke everyone, then its pretty much game over.
    So tbh id probs just sit back, get drunk and wait for it to finish

well, i'm in the zone to get covered by ash. so probably live a horrible existence of scrounging to survive and winding up raped and murdered by looters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Pretty sure Michigan is far enough away that my biggest concern would be getting swamped by refugees.
    You'd be looking at about half an inch (tops) of ash covering everything. Big mess and you'll need masks, but not the Pompeii or buildings collapsing you'd get closer to ground zero.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Wow, just noticed I had 'do' in the title instead of 'go'.

10+ Year Old Account

think I'd take that long overdue vacation to the mole kingdom and live out there.

Serious though, this is quite alarming to think about, how much of a world ender this thing is, how no matter how advanced we are as a species, we're simply not prepared for something of this magnitude. Thankfully all us today will be dead before such a thing can happen, but anyone thinking of america being a lasting civilization, their won't be much left of it when this one goes.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2017-05-21 at 12:20 AM.
    #boycottchina

"magically"
    Hunt down the damn wizard that did it and make him or her make it right......

I think it would be cool if it erupted.

10+ Year Old Account
    if its possible, Japan with my ex who lives there.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd build a bunker and live there
    Hi

I would got to Yellowstone to see it.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

enjoy the last days of life in any way I could

Wow, just noticed I had 'do' in the title instead of 'go'.
    No worries, I read it as "what would you do...?"

I would make my way to the opposite side of the globe and have fun there, where ever there is. Oh, but I would make sure to get around the east because I'm in eastern Canada and wouldn't want to have to go through an active super volcano to get to whatever part of Asia is opposite Yellowstone.

Deleted

*shrugs from across the sea*

10+ Year Old Account
    Stockpiling winter clothes and stuff sounds like a good idea. Bah, I never liked the hot seasons anyway.