Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Who is your favorite comic book character?

So who is your favorite comic book character? Mine has been Wolverine since I was a kid.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The way they wrote the Super Skrull a decade ago showed some growth of the character. He still had attitude, and had little use for humans, but it was interesting. Same with Ronan. Apparently they eased way off the Kree superiority schtick quite a bit when Annihilus came about in a big way.

Was very curious to what was going on with the Annihilators, but haven't had much time for anything comic book-wise in years. (Nova and Beta-Ray Bill were favorites of mine)

Last edited by Shadowferal; 2017-06-12 at 02:40 AM.

Comic Book wise, it'd be tied between Spiderman and Batman.

If we included manga, then the Flame Alchemist would be my favorite. Roy is the best!

Warning: awesomeness below
    Spoiler: 

Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2017-06-12 at 07:02 AM.

Deleted
    Deadpool. Always Deadpool.

I'll go with Rorschach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Super Heros hmmm? Always found Villains more interesting as a Kid, mostly because, I never bought into the whole just good vs evil simplistic notions even back then. It always seemed a matter of perspective mostly.

Lex Luthor hated Superman, this Alien from another planet with god like gifts that picks and chooses who he saves and rejects the false narrative

Joker A nihilist clown, who ultimately rejects the notion that you can save people from themselves.

I probably liked Villians before the movies though, I like then far less now given a the Anti Hero status.

But Hmm.... If I have to pic a traditional GOOD GUY or "Super Hero" I'll say Cyclops I guess, I mean he is a bit cheese in a Captain America boy scout kind of way, but in the comics he also always seemed to be the real deal, a natural leader, and the real deal when it was on the line.

Spiderman, I would say a close second.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Deathstroke
    Blink (AOA Version)
    Sabretooth
    Batman

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    But Hmm.... If I have to pic a traditional GOOD GUY or "Super Hero" I'll say Cyclops I guess, I mean he is a bit cheese in a Captain America boy scout kind of way, but in the comics he also always seemed to be the real deal, a natural leader, and the real deal when it was on the line.
    The movies don't do justice to Cyclops. Or to Phoenix, at that.

Mine's pretty hard to guess...
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    The movies don't do justice to Cyclops. Or to Phoenix, at that.
    I agree, they turned Cyclops into a whiney wuss, but he isn't the only one they kind of destroyed for my liking.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Lucky Luke

Who doesn't love this suave gunslinger who is faster than his own shadow?

Deleted
    Obélix. /10

Deleted
    Manu Benett's Deathstroke

Batman. Character with a lot of creative freedom and can also go the detective rout and who doesn't love a good crime story. Also has great variety of villians and a hero is nothing without good villains

15+ Year Old Account
    I kind of just hate them all...they all seem so...stuck. They can never grow as characters. Bruce Wayne will ALWAYS be mourning his parents. Superman will always feel like a stranger on earth. Hulk will always be pissed. It never changes, and even if they do move them forward in one story, it's always retconned and basically reset to tell a different story.

I'd rather just watch TV shows like Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones...where characters can actually grow and change and they can even die instead of being stuck in an infinite loop.

10+ Year Old Account
    The bionicles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Morpheus, AKA Dream of the Endless, AKA The Sandman, AKA one of the greatest literary characters of all time. The Sandman Library is a gods damned masterpiece, blending Shakespeare, World Mythology, and frakkin Constantine!

Also, Thor. Because he hits things real good.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Dr. Doom ranks up there.

Probably Batman. I'd break certain laws for more Stephanie Brown Batgirl though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Super Heros hmmm? Always found Villains more interesting as a Kid, mostly because, I never bought into the whole just good vs evil simplistic notions even back then. It always seemed a matter of perspective mostly.

Lex Luthor hated Superman, this Alien from another planet with god like gifts that picks and chooses who he saves and rejects the false narrative

Joker A nihilist clown, who ultimately rejects the notion that you can save people from themselves.

I probably liked Villians before the movies though, I like then far less now given a the Anti Hero status.

Spiderman, I would say a close second.
    That's why I said comic book characters and not super heroes. Some people like villains more than the heroes.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano