Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilch View Post
    This only exists on paper though. What actually happens when there is a smoker in a 'public area'? You call cops, but before they come he has already finished his cigarette and might be even gone. Then the actual victim is you who reported him, because you waste your time on testimony over some random person who won't get caught anyway.

Laws like gradually increasing taxes on cigarettes without actually banning them seem to work better.
    I have not see it as a problem here. There are cases here where people have been told to leave a establishment because they where smoking. I have yet to go into any store, restaurant or establishment which smoking is not allowed and seen people smoking inside. The only issue I have seen is some will stand outside not too far from the entrances to a place where smoking is not permitted and smoke.

And I have no issues with taxing the crap out of cigarettes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I have not see it as a problem here. There are cases here where people have been told to leave a establishment because they where smoking. I have yet to go into any store, restaurant or establishment which smoking is not allowed and seen people smoking inside. The only issue I have seen is some will stand outside not too far from the entrances to a place where smoking is not permitted and smoke.

And I have no issues with taxing the crap out of cigarettes.
    It surely did work in certian areas but how much of population went there in the first place? I use public transport often enough to know that smoking ban doen't work - whoever smokes will be gone before police comes (and then smell awfull insite the tram), but in restaurants, I bet it works, people tend to spend a lot of time there, if police ever came they'd catch them, so it works there.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It surely did work in certian areas but how much of population went there in the first place? I use public transport often enough to know that smoking ban doen't work - whoever smokes will be gone before police comes (and then smell awfull insite the tram), but in restaurants, I bet it works, people tend to spend a lot of time there, if police ever came they'd catch them, so it works there.
    Well...I was speaking about every city I have visited here in Ohio since they passed that law several years ago. So over one million population. Columbus would be one. Ohio has about 11 million residents. It was not something which on day one was automatically obeyed. But as time has gone on, it is pretty solidly accepted now as the law. Do not use a tram however or even a city bus.

Deleted
    Is he going to shoot them on the streets as well?

This only exists on paper though. What actually happens when there is a smoker in a 'public area'? You call cops, but before they come he has already finished his cigarette and might be even gone. Then the actual victim is you who reported him, because you waste your time on testimony over some random person who won't get caught anyway.

Laws like gradually increasing taxes on cigarettes without actually banning them seem to work better.
    there was a time when good weed cost almost 20 a joint... people didnt stop then

its the dumbest argument and only drives the poor to crime over a smoke. you think blacks in the hood stop smoking cause the price goes up? really, when there isnt shit to live for? nah, increase of eric garners fucks trying to sell singles to make money to get drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobblo View Post
    Why is he a crazy, bloodthirsty dictator again?
    well in his case he kinda is, self admitted crazy, bloodthirsty dictator.

Why is he a crazy, bloodthirsty dictator again?
    assuming this is not sarcasm.Issuing the sanctioned killing of drug dealers and drug addicts or accused users of drugs even those in rehab without trial basically allowing police to shoot people in the streets or invade their homes to kill them just because they were listed as using a rehab center.

From what i know about Duterte, he is wildly popular for taking back the Philippines from the criminals. That doesn't seem like a dictator to me: one who fights the bad guys.
    ^ This.

Being married to the Philippines and having lived there for a while I can tell you he is praised by the majority that call the Philippines home, Filipinos and expatriates both.

The Philippines is a great place overall, but it's bad places are down right horrible. Duterte is cleaning up the country and making it safer and saving families from devastating drug issues and getting rid of the notoriously corrupt government that was running there.
    I don't think people know that he was mayor of one of the most dangerous area in the Philippines for 20 years and turned it around into one of the safest (heart of Muslim territory), Davao.

He's their first leader that wants a strong and independent Philippines and proud of his country. He's not out to steal millions of government money and setup biased backend deals. He wants his people to be proud and respected. He's most certainly not a dictator.

Sometimes extreme cases require extreme actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will 1st time offenders be executed in the streets without trial?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/18/w...ilippines.html
    http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/19/he...t-smoking-ban/
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7744711.html

So the crazy, bloodthirsty dictator of the Philippines, Rodrigo Duterte, is apparently going after smokers in a serious way. It's weird when monsters do something you actually agree with, isn't it? Personally, I can absolutely get behind banning smoking completely. Ban smoking completely, everywhere. That's what I say. If cannabis is ever legalized in Finland, I'll just inject it or something.

Can I be the Tennisace of smoking? Here I go with the smoker shaming. Choke on your cancer smoke.
    So basically, you are against authoritarians, unless they infringe on rights you do not wish to partake in? First they came for the smokers...

I really like Darth Duterte.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/18/w...ilippines.html
    http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/19/he...t-smoking-ban/
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7744711.html

So the crazy, bloodthirsty dictator of the Philippines, Rodrigo Duterte, is apparently going after smokers in a serious way. It's weird when monsters do something you actually agree with, isn't it? Personally, I can absolutely get behind banning smoking completely. Ban smoking completely, everywhere. That's what I say. If cannabis is ever legalized in Finland, I'll just inject it or something.

Can I be the Tennisace of smoking? Here I go with the smoker shaming. Choke on your cancer smoke.
    But you see, it's not his goals that people complain about, it's his methods.
    Banning drugs is great but asking people to kill anyone they belive is using drugs without a trial is hardly a good idea.

The guy is mad and the world would be better without him.

The only two places I feel smoking should be banned:

1) Public spaces
    2) Homes with children under 18

Beyond that, if someone wants to smoke until their lungs turn into one, giant, cancerous tumor? Go right ahead. But smokers lose that right, imo, when their disgusting habit puts the health of other non-smokers at risk.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."