How much time must pass for a post to be considered a necro?

Is there a set period of time (like 2 weeks, 1 month, etc.) that must pass since the last post in a thread, for a new post to be considered a necro? Or do mods judge it on a case-by-case basis?

I don't know if mods go by any set time here, but generally I'd go as far as when the content of the OP is no longer relevant, or is out of date / wrong.

Basically, if they want to infract you for something, the post could be ten minutes old and they'd call it a necro. It's entirely at their discretion and I haven't seen a set time for it before.

15+ Year Old Account
    Technically the only rule I have found necroing is "Thread-necro: Reviving an old thread for no reason other than bumping it to the first page". So you can't intentionally 'bump' something to make sure other people see the thread, or at least that is how I am interrupting it. So as long as you have some relevant thing to say about a topic it is fine to necro a thread? This is somewhat supported by their guidelines of "Use the search function before creating a new thread" and "Do not create duplicate threads in the same or multiple sections to attract more attention.", as if you are using the search function, what you will end up posting will possibly be somewhat old.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    I don't know if mods go by any set time here, but generally I'd go as far as when the content of the OP is no longer relevant, or is out of date / wrong.
    Yeah I would say depends on if what is in the topic is still relevant and if your post is relevant to it. So a topic that is just jokes that one it really wouldn't matter necroing no matter the age. A topic about say the rotation of fury warriors in MoP no there is no need to necro it as it's no longer relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no set time frame because it depends on the topic of the post. Some things remain relevant for a very long time.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |