Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    It was not hard to understand at all. I only went into details that should not be avoided. That's also reasonable. Good luck if you think I am only going to accept one version of the story in which clearly is "russophobic".
    You are taking the post way too seriously. As I mentioned previously: you really missed the overall point of the post.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    WTF! I mentioned Hitler on page 1 god dammit all.
    oh shit man, im really sorry i somehow forgot about it by page 4.

Well i feel silly now

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofn View Post
    oh shit man, im really sorry i somehow forgot about it by page 4.
    Apology accepted. Thank you for the recognition! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mofn View Post
    Well i feel silly now
    Right there with you. I've been, in this thread, "silly" from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Because Russophobia isn't a thing. It's either.
    Reading posts from Finns or Balts proves the opposite.

Because you can give an easy out like that until the media sails shift a bit more.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I don't hate russians. I dislike their leader(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    For the last year everything Russian has been considered evil and awful. We have Russian-American Citizens in this country also, so is russophobia hate speech?.
    Russian-Americans are just fine. "Russophobia" is the word Russians throw out whenever Russian politics are criticized. The problem is not with Russians, not even with Russia, but Russian politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The EU would love to work with a Russian premier that is actually willing to work with them instead of antagonizing them constantly, like Yeltsin.
    Yeltzin was a drunk bastard who made his country poor. Him and Gorbachev are the biggest scumbags around. Clinton and his Harvard vulture capitalists should have been shot.

its well known that russians are raised to be assholes, ive yet to meet a nice russian person online.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

For the last year everything Russian has been considered evil and awful. We have Russian-American Citizens in this country also, so is russophobia hate speech?.
    A distinction should be made between Russophobia and Russia-phobia. It is possible to be wary of the government of Russia without animosity for Russian people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    Ah come on now the US isn't that bad.
    you USAaphob
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    There is no such thing as "Russophobia". But we are seeing a rise of people swallowing the Russian dong for sure. Because they think they're being contrary to what "the other side" thinks. Because politics have become a sport now. You can guarantee that if this were Hillary being accused of the same thing, the same people who are giving The trump a pass would be crying endlessly. Calling her a treasonous traitor.

But this is just where we are. There are a portion of people out there who are putting party over country. And that's a bigger threat than any foreign enemy.
    Exactly, and vise versa

This topic is pointless.

Unless a Russian opened his mouth on the street to say something you'd never be able to tell. I don't know anyone who openly dislikes Russia in some form.

There is a such thing as russophobia, stop being a racist and google it.
    The Russian race must be protected from extinction!
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not russiaphobic, I love zangief, colossus and heavy, some of my fav video game and comic characters. I just dislike russias current leader, its politics, the way it controls the media treating the rest of the world as if it's stupid and can't figure out what its doing, and right now how it treats its gay citizens as second class people
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I wonder why no one ever mentions Koreaphobia, given how much North Korea gets criticized. We should introduce a new word! And call all South Koreans disliking the glorious leader "Koreaphobes".
    with korea it is only the little fat man not the whole nation.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I have actually pointed this out many times. Everyone is all gung-ho about calling out racism/ bigotry against any culture but when it comes to Russia.......

It seems the very same people that are out there defending any race from bigotry are perfectly fine with bigotry against Russia.

You will see it in this thread. People will come out and insult you with petty insults because you are defending russia.

Here's why: they are so indoctrinated, they just parrott whatever the dems say.

I have watched a Dem senator say something in the news, only to see one hundred posters parrotting it an hour or so later in these forums. They seem to think political debate is just parrotting what a talking head said on some news show. If that talking head tells them to hate Russia, then they will.

If the dems say it is all right to be bigotted against Russia- then they will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    There is no such thing as "Russophobia". But we are seeing a rise of people swallowing the Russian dong for sure. Because they think they're being contrary to what "the other side" thinks. Because politics have become a sport now. You can guarantee that if this were Hillary being accused of the same thing, the same people who are giving The trump a pass would be crying endlessly. Calling her a treasonous traitor.

But this is just where we are. There are a portion of people out there who are putting party over country. And that's a bigger threat than any foreign enemy.
    Not a Trump fan, didn't vote for him, but you seriously have to see the obvious bias and blinders in your statement. The same people who would have given Hillary a pass are the same ones on the witch hunt for Trump currently. Politics is a sport, and most people are only bitter their side lost, not that Hillary and Trump essentially were the same candidate and ultimately would have been the same president. No one looks at policies anymore, just the team logo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I have actually pointed this out many times. Everyone is all gung-ho about calling out racism/ bigotry against any culture but when it comes to Russia.......

It seems the very same people that are out there defending any race from bigotry are perfectly fine with bigotry against Russia.

You will see it in this thread. People will come out and insult you with petty insults because you are defending russia.

Here's why: they are so indoctrinated, they just parrott whatever the dems say.

I have watched a Dem senator say something in the news, only to see one hundred posters parrotting it an hour or so later in these forums. They seem to think political debate is just parrotting what a talking head said on some news show. If that talking head tells them to hate Russia, then they will.

If the dems say it is all right to be bigotted against Russia- then they will be.
    It goes along with the global theory on racism, only white/anglo-saxons can be racist. You can be proud to be any race as long as it isn't white. Overall, it is essentially ignorance that won't be addressed for a long time. Hell the Jewish don't even get a pass and they by far have been treated worse than any other race in history.

I think you should watch less news. Your average rank and file American has no beef with Russia, and if anything, finds them amusing in their geopolitical antics.

you get it wrong most peoples don't hate russians, like it happen with america peoples hate the guy who is in command in the case of america is now trump and previously obama, many upper echelons and some rich families, in case of russia is putin it's cronies and most oligarchs.
    No one hate average Ivan or average Joe.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.