Poll: Would you consider it?

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. If my gf ever tried to make it one, I'd dump her immediately. Never gonna happen though since she's just like me in this regard.

No thanks. I've seen too many people get their self image ground down by being in open relationships. I'm just not aware enough of other people's emotional needs as I would need to be to ensure that I wasn't burning people out by including them in my relationships. That and I just don't have the time or energy to run around rutting like I used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    Nope. If my gf ever tried to make it one, I'd dump her immediately. Never gonna happen though since she's just like me in this regard.
    I'm the same, if a girl I was seeing brought it up to me I'd probably end the relationship.

Deleted
    Nope, wouldn't even consider it.

all this would result in is the female getting way more sex and the man probably getting nothing, women can create a tinder profile and get guys instantly messaging her to hook up.

so no as a man an open relationship would give me no advantage, probably only guys who are into cuckoldry and get off seeing their gf have sex with other men would like an open relationship

10+ Year Old Account
    Not in a million years, no.

I have witnessed several in my life. Not a single one ended nicely. Jealousy ALWAYS came into play at the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I am saying that in order for woman to have sex with man, a man would seem like a requirement. How do you count it when woman and man have sex? 2 sex points for woman, and 1 for the man, or what? If all men have it so very difficult to find sex, then how are the women finding anyone either?
    I think the point being made is not how many people are having sex, but who are intiating/turning down.
    (This is purely illustration, and not my opinion on the matter)

Take two groups of 5 men and women each. Group 1 has men choose, and each man does their thing with each woman, because they're 'not picky'. Group two, only two women do it with two men, because they're 'picky'. The idea being the number of people is the same for both sides, but the quantity and frequency is less. I think the implication is men get turned down more often than women do, and men will get picked less often than women do.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    No, whats the point? Might as well get some paid ladies then.

I cant seen it work for anyone really. One person will always be the one dissapointed in the end.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems it would be better to be friends with benefits. Open relationships only work for people who's sexuality is pretty permissive to begin with.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Deleted
    Don't think so no.

Deleted
    Stds and not knowing wether she actually loves just me or not? Hell, no.

Nope, I'm happy not being Anthony Birch.

No way...lots of effort,time and MONEY goes into building relationship so why bother to have one if u are interested in seeing other people.Its like i'm gonna spend my life saving money to build my dream house just to share it with 10 random people.

also on technical term STD , pregnancy and lots of drama from random people just make life much harder to deal with .

Under the right circumstances, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Meh, if you're going to have multiple partners there's no valid reason to be in a relationship with any of them.
    Er... because you love each other?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

No, I probably would not.

I suppose why not? I would not go out to get into one, but it's a step up from friends with benefits.

Open relationship? Nah. As others have said, why even been in a relationship at that point. Polyamorous? Hell yeah, I'd be down for constant threesomes with the wife and my female friend that I was FWB with in college.

If you're having sex with other people then you aren't in a relationship. Is that hard to understand? Omg...

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    An open relationship is one where you're free to have sex with people other than your partner.

Would you consider it?
    NO, part of the benefit of being with someone you love is a less likely chance of an STD. Sex is hollow if there is no emotional connection with your partner, it's just glorified self pleasure. Yeah you will enjoy it but once it's over you're just waiting to move on to find your next fix.

My first relationship was slightly "open" where kissing others was alright. Went full open later but really at the time it was doomed anyway, and few weeks later I learned she had been cheating on me for the past 10 months cuz eventually things had escalated from kissing.

So no. I've learned that lesson already.