View Poll Results: Is it cool for men to wear makeup?

Voters
6. This poll is closed
  • Yes

3 50.00%
  • No

3 50.00%
  • I'm a man and I wear makeup

0 0%
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry Axe ad tells men it’s OK to wear makeup, destroys ‘toxic’ masculinity

Men’s brand of personal care products, Axe, released a controversial advertisement campaign highlighting questions that they claim many men privately struggle with.

The video, which was released Wednesday, is titled “Is It OK For Guys?” and features questions that they feel men don’t often ask, but claim to struggle with behind closed doors.

The video opens with the statistic, “72% of guys have been told how a real man should behave.”

Some of the questions that men claim to have wanted to ask include, “Is it OK to not like sports?”, “[Is it OK] to experiment with other guys?”, “Is it OK for guys to be nervous?” and “Is it OK for me to be the little spoon?”

“These are real questions guys are searching every day,” the commercial states, and cites internet searches presumably done by men.

The mission of the “Is It OK For Guys” initiative reads:

“Young guys live in a world filled with labels and limits. In fact, over 70% of them have been told that a real man should behave a certain way. Pressure that ultimately makes bullying, depression and suicide so common among men.

#isitokforguys kicks off the AXE mission to expose the pressure guys feel to ‘be a man’ and empower them to be whoever they damn well want. Together with our partners, we want to fight those limitations and create a society where there is no wrong way to be a man. No labels. No limits on what men can or cannot be.

“Toxic masculinity” is defined by “The Good Men Project” as:

” … A narrow and repressive description of manhood, designating manhood as defined by violence, sex, status and aggression. It’s the cultural ideal of manliness, where strength is everything while emotions are a weakness; where sex and brutality are yardsticks by which men are measured, while supposedly ‘feminine’ traits — which can range from emotional vulnerability to simply not being hypersexual — are the means by which your status as ‘man’ can be taken away.”
    http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/05...c-masculinity/

Feels like these corporations will do anything to boost the bottom line eh?

It's perfectly fine for guys to wear makeup.

I'm just too lazy and cheap to spend the money to buy it and do that.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-05-25 at 01:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    It's perfectly fine for guys to wear makeup.

I'm just too lazy and cheap to spend the money to buy it and do that.
    What type of makeup would you like to wear? Eye liner? Blush? Eyelash extenders? Eye shadow?

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm perfectly fine with other men wearing makeup and reducing their level of masculinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What type of makeup would you like to wear? Eye liner? Blush? Eyelash extenders? Eye shadow?
    Yeah I'm not interested in your baiting.

Also the ad is correct. That has and does happen.

Are you switching teams now Tennisace? Or just fully embracing your true shitpost flamebaiting status by posting articles from TheLulz. err.. The Blaze.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gender threads aren't allowed here. Locked.