Thread: New Dragon Age

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    But her story is so sad and where it goes makes me even sadder... I JUST WANT TO SAVE HER!

Fenris is good too. He was my first bae when I played male Hawke. Also his voice actor is also Lor'themar's, who sounds very sexy.
    She is one of the best characters, that is true. Especially if you too play a mage and you're just like.. D; THIS COULD BE ME.

The first time I heard Lor'themar after playing DA2 I was really confused then had to look it up, then had to make a point to listen to all his voice lines. More Fenris in my not-Fenris game

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Not really, trying to be a man as a woman would be pretty common if you wanted to be a merenary, or even travel roads in relive safety, as a female, not even bringing up crossdressers in and trans general.
    Dressing like a woman doesn't mean you're transgender wtf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Ah, I thought you were referring more broadly through the series... Morrigan, Cassandra, Leliana (w/ appropriate choices after personal quest)... hell, you could even stretch a bit for Merrill and Isabella being somewhat hardened.

And Morrigan's complaining about people being nice is what made her romance so good!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to smack you around and point out that Merrill, while a good romance, is 2nd to Fenris. Broke little wolfie

Leliana is my future gf/lover(Best one from DA:O). I don't hate Morrigan as a character but I don't want to hear her moaning about helping people or anything positive. Isabella wasn't someone I'd look at due to well how she acted. I was somewhat amused learning what she does to do in Dragon Age 2. Merril is definitely cool if a bit odd >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Just stop. You lost on this issue the second you said there was something wrong with a trans character in a fantasy game.

Now you just look like a transphobe going off on a very minor secondary character and insisting they shouldn't exist.

As much as your knee-jerk hatred of anything ever mentioning LGBT issues is funny, Inquisition was not horrible. It wasn't fantastic, but it wasn't bad.
    It -was- bad.

No, it wasn't. Do you have anything to actually add anymore? Or are you going to continue on with your ridiculous trans bashing?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Leliana is my future gf/lover(Best one from DA:O). I don't hate Morrigan as a character but I don't want to hear her moaning about helping people or anything positive. Isabella wasn't someone I'd look at due to well how she acted. I was somewhat amused learning what she does to do in Dragon Age 2. Merril is definitely cool if a bit odd >.>
    Leliana... vaguely bothers me. I've never been able to figure out exactly why. Maybe it's because every other word is maker this or maker that. She had her moments but ergh. Bothersome.

Isabella is good if you want something funny though. No strings until they're a web!

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    I don't really get what the big deal is about Bioware introducing gay characters. It doesn't bother me in the least.
    Yeah, it makes me laugh that others have a problem with that.

Take Dorian for example, he's a really funny guy and him being gay just adds to his ridiculous persona. He was easily one of my favorite characters in the whole trilogy.

I get it if developers put in a character and the whole point of the character is that he/she/it is *insert sexual orientation here* and they're shoving it in your face, but I still have to see a character that's actually like that. No character made by Bioware made me feel like that, maybe it was a bit too obvious with the shuttle pilot in Mass Effect 3, but it was never like a barrier or something that's preventing me from having a regular gaming experience.
    I played through Andromeda 2 times without actually realizing who is that trans character everybody was complaining about.

It -was- bad.
    Wasn't Inquisition game of the year? I've had two 200+ hours playthroughs, and enjoyed every minute of it. Does my opinion count more if I write it ---wasn't--- bad?
    Last edited by Archon14; 2017-05-26 at 09:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leliana... vaguely bothers me. I've never been able to figure out exactly why. Maybe it's because every other word is maker this or maker that. She had her moments but ergh. Bothersome.

Isabella is good if you want something funny though. No strings until they're a web!
    The maker stuff didn't really bother me, I dunno the Maker mythology always interested me so I was ok with it. In DA2 well the whole religious element really annoyed me(God damn templares)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The maker stuff didn't really bother me, I dunno the Maker mythology always interested me so I was ok with it. In DA2 well the whole religious element really annoyed me(God damn templares)
    All the chantry righteousness always bothered me. Probably because i started off with a city elf and was introduced to it under that lense.

You'll never understand the depth of my rage when I sided against templars in DA2... then Orsino turned into that monstrosity. There was yelling. there was much rage. He was supposed to be the goddamn rational one against the religious zealotry damnit. Then he went and did that oh, and also helped the guy that killed your mother

Krem is a woman dressing and acting like a man, unless she had someone used flesh magic on him/her he/she still has a vajayjay, however iirc she considers herself a man thus he is a trans. The idea that a woman would become appear as man to become a warrior or for safer travel is a fairly common thing, it doesn't always mean that that are transgender, think Mulan, and Arya from GoT, representing that fact is not pandering.

No, it wasn't. Do you have anything to actually add anymore? Or are you going to continue on with your ridiculous trans bashing?
    Trans bashing?

Do you really need to strawman in order to make it seem like you have an argument? Don't recall bashing trans.

Sad!

No. The game was bad because:

1. It made the combat stupidly simple and removed tactics

2. It removed healing from mages, making them feel less unique

3. It had shitty MMO side quests

4. It had a horribly generic villain

5. The choices you had to make didn't feel important, unlike in Origins

6. Loading screens

Wasn't Inquisition game of the year?
    Not like it had much competition, but no.

Shadow of Mordor, Bioshock, Metro Redux and Dark Souls 2, especially Dark Souls 2, were much better.
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2017-05-26 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    Yeah, it makes me laugh that others have a problem with that.

Take Dorian for example, he's a really funny guy and him being gay just adds to his ridiculous persona. He was easily one of my favorite characters in the whole trilogy.

I get it if developers put in a character and the whole point of the character is that he/she/it is *insert sexual orientation here* and they're shoving it in your face, but I still have to see a character that's actually like that. No character made by Bioware made me feel like that, maybe it was a bit too obvious with the shuttle pilot in Mass Effect 3, but it was never like a barrier or something that's preventing me from having a regular gaming experience.
    I played through Andromeda 2 times without actually realizing who is that trans character everybody was complaining about.

Wasn't Inquisition game of the year? I've had two 200+ hours playthroughs, and enjoyed every minute of it. Does my opinion count more if I write it ---wasn't--- bad?
    Arn't the human inquisitors and Dorian distant cousins, almost made me want to make my first gay character for the hilarity of that dialogue if you are romanced.

Ah so we went from, "Let me freak out over perceived bullshit that doesn't matter and actually isn't even as I describe it" to "WAIT! Let's actually discuss the game now after everybody called out my bullshit."

Can you get any more transparent?

Ah so we went from, "Let me freak out over perceived bullshit that doesn't matter and actually isn't even as I describe it" to "WAIT! Let's actually discuss the game now after everybody called out my bullshit."

Can you get any more transparent?
    I like how you ignore the part where I call out your strawman.

Look, there are opinions and opinions. Mine ( and clearly a lot of other people ) is that DAI and MEA suffer a lot from the clear SJW leaning they had. Now you can deny that, that's your prerogative, but we know better

But hey maybe if they had less LGBT pandering and more quality those games might've gotten better user reception.

I like how you ignore the part where I call out your strawman.

Look, there are opinions and opinions. Mine ( and clearly a lot of other people ) is that DAI and MEA suffer a lot from the clear SJW leaning they had. Now you can deny that, that's your prerogative, but we know better

But hey maybe if they had less LGBT pandering and more quality those games might've gotten better user reception.
    You know, whiplashing from "it was bad because of x,y,z" and "x,y,z that have nothing to do with storyline would be better without LGBT stories!" has got to hurt your neck. Or brain. one of the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say if Inquisition had any complaint it was more of annoying and tiring Open World design(Open world games aren't bad but it's likely the side stuff wasn't too compelling).

Warrior-Magi

I'd say if Inquisition had any complaint it was more of annoying and tiring Open World design(Open world games aren't bad but it's likely the side stuff wasn't too compelling).
    My complaint is the frostbite engine. Not only does it deprive us of the awesome modding community, but I just personally loathe it. Gives me massive motion sickness no matter what game it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    My complaint is the frostbite engine. Not only does it deprive us of the awesome modding community, but I just personally loathe it. Gives me massive motion sickness no matter what game it is.
    I like the engine, it gives amazing visuals. Hate the whole 30 FPS during conversations, that's just bad. I haven't had much issues with the engine so far but if they are keeping the engine for future Dragon Age games, they don't need to improve the graphics massively. It looks great as it is >.>

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Arn't the human inquisitors and Dorian distant cousins, almost made me want to make my first gay character for the hilarity of that dialogue if you are romanced.
    Oh yeah, that's right. There's a funny dialogue about that.

I only have straight romances, and only if I'm male. I can't relate to the relationship otherwise, unfortunately (though sometimes it's fun watching those scenes on youtube). I loved Dorian as a friend, but I decided to go with Josephine romance-wise.
    Still, when I think about it now, Dorian was much more memorable character than most characters I romanced in dragon age games. As far as bros go though, nothing beats Garrus.