Thread: New Dragon Age

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Nor the JRPGs are hentai. See? You are slowly getting it.

- - - Updated - - -

I also loved that scene, it meant hope, that everyone lived to fight another day.
    That was the point, dude. I showed how ridiculous saying Witcher 3 is a dating sim was.

No fact is built upon subjective opinions.
    Sure is. I can say cake tastes better than piss and anyone disagreeing is literally wrong.

You all need to give up on the '' no opinions are wrong '' and '' everyone's a winner '' and participation awards. That's not how the real world works.

10+ Year Old Account
    With comparisons like Cake and Piss. You aren't going to win anyone over.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    You all need to give up on the '' no opinions are wrong '' and '' everyone's a winner '' and participation awards. That's not how the real world works.
    Bit of pot calling kettle black there...

You guys can could just stop indulging him already. He's dead-set on shoving his opinions down everyone's throat, the best thing to do is just ignore him. I already regret wasting time with a clear fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Genadius View Post
    Mozart is overrated! Join me, Salieri master race!

Now that music was mentioned, I was reminded of the scene after the fall of Haven, where everyone breaks into a hymn one by one: What do you think, too cheesy, or surprisingly good? I loved it, and it was totally unexpected, but I wanted to see what others thought of it.
    I liked it personally. I remember seeing a Bioware employee comment on a Youtube video of it, saying he worked on that cutscene and that the line between inspiring and cheesy is very thin and wondering if he had gotten it right. Most responses seemed to believe they nailed it. As a matter of fact, I saw few people that say they didn't like the scene, even amongst those otherwise critical of Inquisition. Sure, it's a bit cheesy, but it's the right kind of warm fuzzy cheese that can make a scene memorable. In Your Heart Shall Burn in general is a definite highlight of the game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    With comparisons like Cake and Piss. You aren't going to win anyone over.
    Okay, then.

Bieber vs Queen.

Random gypsy on the street vs Mozart.

When it comes to reviewing something, the widely accepted opinion is what wins.

10+ Year Old Account
    For crying out loud why do you people keep "discussing" this with him? Its been almost 10 pages of this now.... Either he's just trolling you or very ignorant. Either way just stop answering his posts already because hes not gonna change.

Personally im looking forwards to what they will do with Dragon Age. It could very well be that it becomes to much with 4 games in a series. Sometimes its better to just let go and start with something new. But i'm very much looking forward to more information about this and what kind of game and gameplay it will be.

Nice.
    I think DA will have MMORPG in next 5 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Embrace the beauty of the ignore function

- - - Updated - - -

That scene and the card game with all the group before the end were what made Inquisition good for me Plus the fact that I somehow managed to make an Inquisitor that looked both cute and hot

- - - Updated - - -

It's a nice universe why drop it? THere are novels, other games and a Pen N Paper version already after all.
    Oh, yes, so very much yes. At the end where Cullen runs away with a plate covering his... Mage Tower!

The character customisation was also absolutely amazing. Again, hair was a bit 'meh', but the rest was... brilliant. I have no idea why they didn't keep that for Andromeda...

The Pen and Paper RPG is quite decent, too. Just the right amount of mix between mechanics and filler. Don't think it'll stick, though, even though it's one of the most solid systems on the market, mechanically. I guess people don't like it because it's limited to a single setting.

I don't think there'd be an MMO, though. At the very least because that MMO would have to use Origin servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to talk about DA some more, instead of a massive pissing contest where no one wins.

Kinda wish healing was back. Granted, having that may have made DA:O a bit too easy but I enjoyed it. Wasnt a fan of the pot / refill at camp thing of DAI, and barrier spell was just often a PITA because you'd get party members that would suddenly move out of it before it hit them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I'd love to talk about DA some more, instead of a massive pissing contest where no one wins.

Kinda wish healing was back. Granted, having that may have made DA:O a bit too easy but I enjoyed it. Wasnt a fan of the pot / refill at camp thing of DAI, and barrier spell was just often a PITA because you'd get party members that would suddenly move out of it before it hit them.
    Ever tried playing DA:O on nightmare mode with a party without a dedicated mage healer, most likely cause Wynne is dead and morrigan wasn't specced into it from the start?

"bit too easy" is putting the strengths of having a dedicated healer mage around pretty lightly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    In all honesty if they did not try for a standalone system they could have managed to get a much bigger audience for the Pen N Paper RPG. You could easily do it for D&D Next in a small document at the GM's Guild for instance if they had not given away rights and get a lot more people playing it.

I agree with you there. There's many systems that could've worked, and so does this one, but... not enough outreach.

Healing was a touchy subject. I can see why they decided to go against the traditional "I ate three times my weight in cheese and am now ok" we have these days. I wouldn't mind it being back in some form or another, but I'll not be shedding any tiers if we don't get potions, or at least make them once/encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Ever tried playing DA:O on nightmare mode with a party without a dedicated mage healer, most likely cause Wynne is dead and morrigan wasn't specced into it from the start?

"bit too easy" is putting the strengths of having a dedicated healer mage around pretty lightly.
    I had a hard enough time with the undead invasion part in that one city. Only Morrigan, and didn't get enough points for the heal at the time. argh!

but honestly Id like it back. Barrier just isnt really all that fun to use when your party is running around everywhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post

I had a hard enough time with the undead invasion part in that one city. Only Morrigan, and didn't get enough points for the heal at the time. argh!

but honestly Id like it back. Barrier just isnt really all that fun to use when your party is running around everywhere.
    Yeah, I'm not sure if barrier was the right way to solve that problem.

Although, since I was absolutely terrified of friendly fire, my Dwarf Noble Nightmare playthrough looked like this:

-Darkspawn/Elves/Dwarves/Loghain troops start hearing slight rumbling.
    -Darkspawn/Elves/Dwarves/Loghain troops are now concerned about what seems to be the sound of the entire Legion of the Dead marching upon them, dragging the yearly Orzammar cutlery production behind them.
    -The Warden's party turns the corner, consisting of 3 massive armour wearing, Shield-bearing Champion/Templars, backed by a Wynne, also clad in massive armour and a shield, mumbling about more Lyrium.
    -Fight finishes 5-10 minutes later, with Wynne scratching the inside of her elbow, and the rest spreading around to loot everything so that they can buy all the herbs they can get.

The satisfaction of having someone go into the mouth of the Archdemon, and be spat back out ten to twenty seconds later at 50% health alongside what I only imagine is every single tooth the dragon possessed, is something everyone should experience.
    Last edited by mmoc092a40bd7b; 2017-05-27 at 05:29 PM.

You're entitled to your wrong opinion.

Facts are just opinions that are widely accepted and in this case, Witcher 3 being the best RPG ever made -is- a fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Bullshit. It has the best gameplay, graphics and feels moments in the series.

There's no way in hell a game deserves a 5 just because it had a bad ending, which takes up the last 10 minutes of a 40 hour experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Mass Effect 3 is an exception to the rule and you know why very well.

Had it been the Extended Cut from the start it would be 9+. People were just whiny morons about it and allowed 10 minutes to spoil their opinion about an amazing game.
    The original ending fucked over not only everything you did in me3 but every thing you did in the other two as well, and locked the best ending behind a multiplayer wall. It ruined the entire mass effect series for lots of people, it ruined video games entirely for my dad, just because the ending is 10 min long doesn't mean it didn't destroy 3 games and years of work. I feel a 5 is a pretty fair if not merciful rank to give to give a game that did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    The original ending fucked over not only everything you did in me3 but every thing you did in the other two as well, and locked the best ending behind a multiplayer wall. It ruined the entire mass effect series for lots of people, it ruined video games entirely for my dad, just because the ending is 10 min long doesn't mean it didn't destroy 3 games and years of work. I feel a 5 is a pretty fair if not merciful rank to give to give a game that did that.

Your choices did matter, having Ashley/Garrus/Tali/Legion and so on alive does have meaning, after all Thane single handedly saves the salarian ambassador.

And that's being overly dramatic, the ''wall'' just gave you someone gasping in the rubble.

Your dad's ''gaming'' would've been ruined regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, the Spirit Tree in DA:I was basically a healing tree... It was shields instead of more traditional healing, but it still served the same purpose. Maybe make a baseline targetted bubble, and then keep the AoE barrier as a later level spell.

It wouldn't be a huge problem to tweak that tree a little and turn it into a dedicated healing tree. If that makes the game too easy... Crank up the difficulty.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Your choices did matter, having Ashley/Garrus/Tali/Legion and so on alive does have meaning, after all Thane single handedly saves the salarian ambassador.

And that's being overly dramatic, the ''wall'' just gave you someone gasping in the rubble.

Your dad's ''gaming'' would've been ruined regardless.
    Destroy is the only option that isn't a twisted mochary of everything you had worked for.

With destroy the geth die the mass relays are destroyed and the normady is crash landed on some random planet after being thrown through a super relay, the only thing that makes it kind of ok shep lives, is locked behind mp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Destroy is the only option that isn't a twisted mochary of everything you had worked for.
    I don't know about you, but I worked for peace and even got the geth and the quarians to work together. So synthesis didn't seem that bad tbh. After the extended endinging the blue one where you become a god is also kinda nice though .

Facts are just opinions that are widely accepted and in this case, Witcher 3 being the best RPG ever made -is- a fact.
    lol.

So yeah, you've gone full blown crazy now with this. You've become so fanatic in trying to be right that you've said something so laughably stupid that you need to just stop.

- - - Updated - - -

Making the entire "healing" tree just barrier was so boring and lazy imo.

- - - Updated - - -

On that transgenders in medieval age thing, i'm sure there were a few. But the way DA:I represents LGBT is blown entirely out of proportion.

Sure, 1, maybe even 2 characters being LGBT is believable, but when over 50% of your cast fits into it, you have achieved extreme inaccuracy and oversaturation of a minority. And lets not go on about how some of them are almost unavoidable. LOOKING AT YOU KREM YA USELESS TWAT.
    Did you even play the game? Dorian and Sera are gay and Iron Bull is bisexual, that's it. That's not 50% of the cast. Krem is not a cast member, and his story about being trans isn't "unavoidable." You can beat the entire game, having talked with Krem multiple times, and not find out he's trans. You have to actively search that out.

Pretending this is oversaturation is a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I don't know about you, but I worked for peace and even got the geth and the quarians to work together. So synthesis didn't seem that bad tbh. After the extended endinging the blue one where you become a god is also kinda nice though .
    I'd prefer a Heroic, little damage as possible done ending

I love heroic endings >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi