Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post
    It acts as a rank, why would it not give the boosted stamina like what is stated?
    I don't know, man, but I'm telling you you don't get as much stam per point in Concordance.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    yeah another letdown for alts legion is really a alts killer, warcraft always been so good for alt leveling and all, but legion just killed it with all those invisible wall and grinding
    I would agree with your comment if this was the beggining of the expansion, but it's not. Leveling and gearing up alts now is easy, that's a fact.

Grind is life! good job blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...tfixes-may-22/

Blizzard no. People are already complaining enough about the AP Grind for weapons. Very center of a lot of peoples dislike of the game right now.

This is like trying to put out the fire by pouring gasoline onto it.
    Oh please. I'm at AK 37, raid two days a week, do a mythic+ only once, maybe twice per week, and only do the quests required for the day's emissary (and I even wait when I get Wardens or Kirin Tor so I can get double progress with the other reps)... In short, I don't grind for AP at all, and I'm one trait away from being able to get Concordance.

Also, I leveled a new alt to 110 last week. Sent it an AK I-VI compendium sending its AK straight to 30, and I've already bought all the new traits, and put my first fourth point on the initial traits just today. And said alt haven't even unlocked the third relic slot, yet!

In short: capping AK at 40 was necessary, because the game already showers you with more than enough AP without you even grinding for it.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure a fresh 110 char with AK 35 will get Concordance by just doing the Suramar quest line. Really, I'm not even 40 yet and I get like a full level/week just from running Nighthold HC. I'd get even more if my guild wasn't extending our lockout to progress Gul'dan mythic.

Plus the fact that all further points in concordance are so miniscule DPS gains that there's no reason anybody should ever feel compelled to go out of their way to farm for it. Even concordance itself (the 2k stat proc with no points in the +200 stat boost it gives) is only a 1-1.5% DPS boost

The only thing holding me back from making alts is that I can't be bothered with the RNG legendary farm. And that'll be (mostly) solved in 7.2.5 if those new class rings do turn out to be quest rewards (class ring + BOE legendary = 2x legendaries without farming at all)

Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post
    Although I disagree with the change, I find your use of the word 'literally' to be quite skewed.

Your chart even shows gains. Even if they are not to your (or anyones) liking.
    Time spent getting AP vs DPS/HPS gain is so huge. Once people get the first 7-9 ranks of Concordance, grinding AP is starting to feel like grinding 35-54 originally just for 1 rank on Concordance.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All good by me, once I hit AK 35 Concordance was a joke to get. 40 is just overkill. 50 was just stupidly high.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    yeah another letdown for alts legion is really a alts killer, warcraft always been so good for alt leveling and all, but legion just killed it with all those invisible wall and grinding
    lolwut, I hit 110 on my Frost DK 2-3 weeks ago, have hardly played him that much, yet he is already 886 ilvl with Concordance.

Anyone that thinks Legion at this point is an Alt killer is just Lazy as fuck. Anyone with even an interest in raiding could easily get a raid ready alt in 1 week from 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Oh please. I'm at AK 37, raid two days a week, do a mythic+ only once, maybe twice per week, and only do the quests required for the day's emissary (and I even wait when I get Wardens or Kirin Tor so I can get double progress with the other reps)... In short, I don't grind for AP at all, and I'm one trait away from being able to get Concordance.

Also, I leveled a new alt to 110 last week. Sent it an AK I-VI compendium sending its AK straight to 30, and I've already bought all the new traits, and put my first fourth point on the initial traits just today. And said alt haven't even unlocked the third relic slot, yet!

In short: capping AK at 40 was necessary, because the game already showers you with more than enough AP without you even grinding for it.
    How dare you bring reasonable, thoughtful conjecture into this discussion! We must burn Blizzard at the stake for this blatantly treacherous manipulation of trust! We cannot allow them to bait and switch us like this! I desire nothing less than to AFK grind AK 45 on my alts, do two WQs, cap my traits and promptly bitch about the lack of things to do!

At 50 you were able to go 1-52 (concordance) in under 1 day....

At 40 it takes about 3 weeks of doing every raid but could probably be grinding in 1 week.... That is fine. The only thing this stops is people hitting Concordance+20,30,40 ect... I mean there are people in my guild right now who already have concordance+5

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    10 levels is the same as getting another Concordance, its not small. 50 levels is 10k stat, have you ever played diablo 3 ? Getting Paragon levels is a pain in the abck but ppl that doe get a shitom of it are godlike. Trying to make ppl not grind AP by making the grind a chore is not a smart solution at all.
    The initial concordance buff IS small. What are you on about. 10 levels = concordance rank 1 = 1% dps gain. 50 levels, is a 5% dps gain, with 50 ak we wouldn't get all 50 traits anyway, more like 40. So a 4% dps gain, first 10 points will be easy, so it's only 3% left, with 40 traits we're only looking at getting about 30 in conc before 7.3.

So that's 2% dps increase after it's no longer a meme to get traits. You'll still pick up the 5 after that decently fast as long as you play. 1.5% dps increase.

That's nothing. If you want it, you'll get it, if you don't, you'll still get it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    What I'm asking is does someone actually believe that having never ending, nearly no impact progression for the sake of "well at least there's something to do" is an acceptable design.
    It's a design that people were asking for in the past few expansions over and over.

Let me turn this on you. You have two entrenched groups of people One wants the design of progression and having something to do to progress their characters with no limits. Others want hard limits put in place for what ever reason.

How do you balance that so you please both sides?

No issues with it. I'm casual, but I do spend most of my game time on WoW. I'm 3 points from getting Concordance on my 3rd spec. I'll admit I play more than the average player, but unless I'm really bored on a day off I usually do heroic NH, m EN if the guild has a spot (I'm casual), 1-2 m+ a week (usually only 1 is a 10+), and my daily emissary and random h dungeon.
    Point is, it's not hard to hit Concordance for 1 spec right now and the cap isn't that much of an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonjooce View Post
    I'd like to point out, that reaching max concordance rank requires 865trillion AP. The average AP token is roughly 400 base, at knowledge 40 these will give between 13-15million AP, meaning you have to farm between 50,000 and 70,000 AP tokens. Enjoy.
    you're not supposed to cap it

Bleh, sad. This'll definitely make maxing out my alt's off-spec artifact traits harder. I was hoping to fill them out for all specs to unlock the class mount colors related to it.

Here's hoping they don't up the requirement for it post 7.3. I guess if not, it should be doable after, still.

Oh who cares. It's something you upgrade over time. Stop pretending the world is over.

Great change... now i can actually unsubscribe without missing much!

All jokes a side, prospect of starting alts with AK45 is MUCH more lucraticve then starting alt with 35... Is it really so bad that down the line you could get concordance on your alt in like a day or two of "work"? F this shit grind. With 9000+ WQs done im f sick of them!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    try getting an alt raid ready...and tell me there is not a grind and you are not 10 traits behind....
    Do you really alt-raid on a level where couple of traits matter? I mean sure, if you're in the top 100 and split-raid and shit, but really now, that's not very many people.

We alt-clear heroic NH every other week and people bring i870 alts with just barely unlocked with 3rd relic slots. It still works just fine. What sort of alt-raid environment do you run in to be that hardcore with "raid readiness"?
    Last edited by mmoc0e47cbaaf5; 2017-05-23 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonjooce View Post
    I'd like to point out, that reaching max concordance rank requires 865trillion AP. The average AP token is roughly 400 base, at knowledge 40 these will give between 13-15million AP, meaning you have to farm between 50,000 and 70,000 AP tokens. Enjoy.
    Is that 865 trillion for the rank, or total? 50k-70k AP tokens total or just for the rank?

This makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    I understand why they did it. It doesn't take much effort to get Concordance now as we get closer to 40 and there's still months down the road before 7.3 comes out to expand the system more. As we closed in on 50, people would have already effectively maxed out all artifacts on their characters and AP was becoming more useless.
    It is trillions of AP per point for the final 20 traits, nobody was going to cap them even at 50. 866 trillion total concordance was bad now they just slammed the brakes on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Is that 865 trillion for the rank, or total? 50k-70k AP tokens total or just for the rank?

This makes a difference.
    http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...YCAWAwFgQyZpAQ
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm kind of upset by this. i was looking forward to getting to 50.

forty just seems so much less.
    Hi