Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pitar99a View Post
    What? Blizzard officials have always brought the banter when needed. I remember making a ticket where I whined about paying for this game and receiving nothing but bugs in return and the GM said I should join the devs team and teach them how it's done.
    Unfortunately a lot of that can not be done now, just looking in this thread a lot of the posters want Ornyx's head on a platter so to speak they really don't care at all they just want it done..

And one wonders why the amount of Blues traffic on the official forums is so low, because as soon as a blue makes one misstep it is headline news on the level of a major natural disaster..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Unfortunately a lot of that can not be done now, just looking in this thread a lot of the posters want Ornyx's head on a platter so to speak they really don't care at all they just want it done..

And one wonders why the amount of Blues traffic on the official forums is so low, because as soon as a blue makes one misstep it is headline news on the level of a major natural disaster..
    people have become whiney, bitchy, pussies. Its sad. Grow a pair people. Sensitive over reactions are the norm lately, its sad.

Lel, this entire situation reminds me about another ex-Blizz employee: GC, during his early days he was quite savage too. He's almost literally telling players to fuck off, it's that bad that he had to stop posting for a certain period of time and after that he wasn't as talkative as he used to be

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post

Yep, Tseric put it fairly well shortly before he left:

Can't help it.
    Posting impassionately, they say you don't care.
    Posting nothing, they say you ignore.
    Posting with passion, you incite trolls.
    Posting fluff, you say nonsense.
    Post with what facts you have, they whittle down with rationale.
    There is no win.
    There is only slow degradation.
    Take note. It is the first and only time you'll see someone in my position make that position.
    You can be me when I'm gone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Lel, this entire situation reminds me about another ex-Blizz employee: GC, during his early days who was quite savage too. He's almost literally telling players to fuck off, it's that bad that he had to stop posting for a certain period of time and after that he wasn't as talkative as he used to be
    As much I can give a fuck about GC and his "i like elite rewards for elite player [even after i put the game in casual mode]" GC had the best attitude with players, wow players have to go fuck themselves

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Love the poem as it is so very true, a reasonable amount of the the WoW playerbase are just a bunch of self entitled brats, who think the world revolves around them and that everyone must kneel down and kiss their feet..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    As much I can give a fuck about GC and his "i like elite rewards for elite player [even after i put the game in casual mode]" GC had the best attitude with players, wow players have to go fuck themselves
    My thoughts exactly ever since he left the toxicity of the WoW community is at critical levels and only getting worse..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    people have become whiney, bitchy, pussies. Its sad. Grow a pair people. Sensitive over reactions are the norm lately, its sad.
    My thoughts exactly unfortunately in this PC/Safe Space and whatever else climate they never will and it is beyond sad it is unfortunately quite pathetic that some people and society in general have gone so far down this road..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I love this. Ornyx is not taking crap from people complaining about the AK "nerf". A poster on the official forums replied to a blue:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    As she noted, this change is mainly aimed at increasing base Artifact Power gains instead of an over-reliance on Artifact Knowledge - and we do want players to hit a point where they feel they have capped their Artifact Knowledge, so they can move on to other things.

Then Ornyx comes in with the punch!:

I assume you're trying to make a joke about content, because, looking at your Armory, it appears you've only engaged with about 25% of Legion.
    I'm glad blizz is taking a hard stance at the whine that constantly plagues their forums. Much of it is just unfounded hostility for the sake of hostility, and its not warranted to be rude in any instance to the CMs or any other Blizzard employee.
    And I'd reply to this Blizzard Person: Because 75 % of Legion Is a boring grind without challange or subtance. And even that's stretching It, more like 90 % of It Is, besides what business does the Blizzard person have peeking at their Armory? Also considering they might have alts they're unaware of and he's done plenty more of Legion already... they just shouldn't butt Into people's statistics and armory, I know It's tempting cause they can spy on us easier and collect data better but still, no.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    And I'd reply to this Blizzard Person: Because 75 % of Legion Is a boring grind without challange or subtance. And even that's stretching It, more like 90 % of It Is, besides what business does the Blizzard person have peeking at their Armory? Also considering they might have alts they're unaware of and he's done plenty more of Legion already... they just shouldn't butt Into people's statistics and armory, I know It's tempting cause they can spy on us easier and collect data better but still, no.
    When a person complains that there isn't enough content, checking their account to see how much they have actually done is not unjustified. In this case the person had completed a very small portion of the existing content, suggesting that it's more likely that the person doesn't like the content, which is different from claiming that it doesn't exist in the first place.

If you dislike grinds or repeating the same content multiple times, then I must ask, why do you play an MMO in the first place? This is not new to WoW, this is not new to MMO's, it has always been like this.

Besides, as I quoted above the person in question even agreed with Ornyx, so there's no point in defending that person.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...ofessionalism/

Lmaoooooo, someone actually got offended and started crying about it.
    Blizzard's SJW fans never seizes to amaze me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I assume you're trying to make a joke about content, because, looking at your Armory, it appears you've only engaged with about 25% of Legion.
    Another utterly unprofessional reply from a Blizzard employee.

Not surprised, Blizzard posters are frequently arrogant and abrasive (*cough* Holinka *cough*).

Not surprised to see the thread made by Jaylock either. Jaylock knows when Blizzard does terribly, so obviously he is going to pick it up and post with the "I am so glad they did this, they are so right" commentary and then back down to watch from the sidelines.

- - - Updated - - -

When a person complains that there isn't enough content, checking their account to see how much they have actually done is not unjustified.
    Check all you want but don't comment about that, this is unprofessional. First, you might get a mistaken impression (second account, for example, or achievements locked to a character or whatnot). Second and more important, you move the discussion from the issue to the person. Both are huge no-no's.

If you want to know if someone did a particular raid and if not, why, ask. Don't dig into the armory and make your judgement, nobody needs your stupid opinion on whether something is good or not depending on some armory details.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't help it.
    Posting impassionately, they say you don't care.
    Posting nothing, they say you ignore.
    Posting with passion, you incite trolls.
    Posting fluff, you say nonsense.
    Post with what facts you have, they whittle down with rationale.
    There is no win.
    There is only slow degradation.
    Take note. It is the first and only time you'll see someone in my position make that position.
    You can be me when I'm gone.
    Yeah.

People post this as though it is some kind of a revelation from a hero. In reality all this is is someone having a thin skin and not much in the way of communication skills. Tseric was young. And perhaps unsuitable for a job. That's all there is to it.

There *is* a win, this is shown all the time. (Obviously, there are crowd effects as well, the world is big. If that scares you, don't take the job.)
    Last edited by rda; 2017-05-24 at 10:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Check all you want but don't comment about that, this is unprofessional. First, you might get a mistaken impression (second account, for example, or achievements locked to a character or whatnot). Second and more important, you move the discussion from the issue to the person. Both are huge no-no's.

If you want to know if someone did a particular raid and if not, why, ask. Don't dig into the armory and make your judgement, nobody needs your stupid opinion on whether something is good or not depending on some armory details.
    A second account is very doubtful when the person claims there isn't enough content to do, it's very safe to assume that it is their main account.
    Achievements locked to one character isn't the case here, nor do I believe it's a barrier in the way of a community manager (in case they need to look into a bug or other problem for example, to report back to the developers).

Calling someone out on their sassy bullshit is not unprofessional. Not doing it would be worse as people would go under the delusion that the person is right.

Yeah.

People post this as though it is some kind of a revelation from a hero. In reality all this is is someone having a thin skin and not much in the way of communication skills. Tseric was young. And perhaps unsuitable for a job. That's all there is to it.

There *is* a win, this is shown all the time. (Obviously, there are crowd effects as well, the world is big. If that scares you, don't take the job.)
    Funny how you claim there to be a win but don't state it. There is nothing you as a community manager let alone developer can do to "win" a situation like that thread, where everyone is just angry and out for blood, nothing he could have posted would have been a win, and not posting wouldn't be winning either. Even if, he could reverse the decision (not saying they should), the people in the thread would still not have been happy, and others who actually liked the decision would create their threads with their complaints with their anger.

A second account is very doubtful when the person claims there isn't enough content to do, it's very safe to assume that it is their main account.
    Achievements locked to one character isn't the case here, nor do I believe it's a barrier in the way of a community manager (in case they need to look into a bug or other problem for example).

Calling someone out on their sassy bullshit is not unprofessional. Not doing it would be worse as people would go under the delusion that the person is right.
    Quite honestly, you sound like someone who never worked a job (a student?). I am not going to waste time debating with you what is and what isn't professional, you will learn it yourself with time.

Funny how you claim there to be a win but don't state it. There is nothing you as a community manager let alone developer can do to "win" a situation like that thread, where everyone is just angry and out for blood, nothing he could have posted would have been a win, and not posting wouldn't be winning either. Even if, he could reverse the decision (not saying they should), the people in the thread would still not have been happy, and others who actually liked the decision would create their threads with their complaints with their anger.
    I though it was obvious what the win is. Productive communication between customers and developers which makes both sides better off.

It is *trivially easy* to "win" this particuar case. Apologize profusely for the change. Because people invested time thinking things are going to behave like X, and you are changing that X on the fly. And actually weigh whether *this* is the change you want to implement before you implement it (locking at the previously established max would have went better).

(And certainly don't do what Ormyx did which is go personal. Jeez... I can't believe I have to explain why this is terrible.)
    Last edited by rda; 2017-05-24 at 10:46 AM.

Deleted
    Rofl at all the spoiled shits getting offended by his response.

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    Rofl at all the spoiled shits getting offended by his response.
    Not offended, embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Gremlin View Post
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...ofessionalism/

Lmaoooooo, someone actually got offended and started crying about it.
    Blizzard's SJW fans never seizes to amaze me.
    Best part about that? His armory and the fact that he hasn't done anything at all.

Deleted
    Quite honestly, you sound like someone who never worked a job (a student?). I am not going to waste time debating with you what is and what isn't professional, you will learn it yourself with time.
    So you'd rather let people make false statements that can be outright misleading for other players reading their forums? If someone in your community states something objectively wrong, you're not going to correct them? Your version of "professional" sounds more like someone who doesn't do their job.

We've talked before by the way, and the feeling is mutual, you're nothing but a waste of time so I might as well put you on ignore.

I though it was obvious what the win is. Productive communication between customers and developers which makes both sides better off.

It is *trivially easy* to "win" this particuar case. Apologize profusely for the change. Because people invested time thinking things are going to behave like X, and you are changing that X on the fly. And actually weigh whether *this* is the change you want to implement before you implement it (locking at the previously established max would have went better).

(And certainly don't do what Ormyx did which is go personal. Jeez... I can't believe I have to explain why this is terrible.)
    No it's not obvious, because it doesn't exist. "Productive communication between customers and developers", and what exactly is that even supposed to mean? How do you have "productive communication" with an angry mob who refuses to listen to reason? It's not possible.

"Apologize profusely for the change", really? You want them to wipe you after you're done as well? Get over yourself. Aerythlea had already explained the situation which should be more than enough.

When posters outright lie and resort to trolling and being snarky, I doubt a level-headed reply would do much. All he did was call the poster out on their bullshit claim in a similar manner. People need to remember that blue posters are people too and you can't treat them any way you like.
    I would not call it a lie. As the Blizzard rep pointed out in his reply, some player feel like there is not enough content they like and that might very well be what he was talking about.

I am not saying that the poster he replied to was right either but however you twist it, sinking to that level is unprofessional, unnecessary and counterproductive.

Deleted
    Not offended, embarrassed.
    The only thing to be embarrassed about is the player's own responses, not the dev's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I would not call it a lie. As the Blizzard rep pointed out in his reply, some player feel like there is not enough content they like and that might very well be what he was talking about.

I am not saying that the poster he replied to was right either but however you twist it, sinking to that level is unprofessional, unnecessary and counterproductive.
    I disagree, not doing it will only let such behaviour continue and get worse, calling them out is the only way to make them realize that that their behaviour is unacceptable even if it's within TOS.

Blue posters are people like everyone else, they don't deserve the shit that most people on the forums give them.

Quote Originally Posted by DistortionSleep View Post
    What do you find so compelling about 7.2 if you don't mind me asking? I've done the mage tower challenge, and have Concordance of the Legionfall.
    Tomb of several. Mythic plus dungeons.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV