Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I don't disagree.

This issue with having a dedicated thread up is that while it does help with communication between the blue and the community, when the base of the thread is something negative, it tends to attract a crowd that snowballs the thread.

I can only assume that Ornyx thought it was salvageable at first, but then realized that it would be better to end it either due to the snowball or possibly to limit this to one thread - the already existing one.
    True, ultimately I think he should have just shut up and never even replied in the first thread. I mean many defending him are making it out as if he had to reply.

But that he did, and then turned around and defended himself? Went a bit far.

I dont think he should be fired or anything drastic like that mind you.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Yeah, its not like the wow community gets attracted to anything anti-blizzard like fat kids get attracted by chocolate cakes.
    The MMO-C forum is more ex-wow community than wow community.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Yeah, its not like the wow community gets attracted to anything anti-blizzard like fat kids get attracted by chocolate cakes.
    Well, blizzard has been a bit passive aggressive as of late. They've had a pretty strong "We're right you're wrong" mentality since WoD, so the community getting pissy is to be expected.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    No. You can disable that in game. I do for all of my alts.
    You can disable them all you want. That won't stop a Blizzard employee from having access to them.

Deleted
    Seemed a rather childish retort... Not everybody plays for raids

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Well, blizzard has been a bit passive aggressive as of late. They've had a pretty strong "We're right you're wrong" mentality since WoD, so the community getting pissy is to be expected.
    Or maybe... the community are a bunch of 12 year old little fuckwits that can't ever be happy with anything?
    Ill go for the second as I haven't "felt" the way you do even though I quit 3 months into WoD.

Deleted
    Or maybe... the community are a bunch of 12 year old little fuckwits that can't ever be happy with anything?
    Ill go for the second as I haven't "felt" the way you do even though I quit 3 months into WoD.
    Well WoW is targetted for 12 y/o people and young people

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I'm not sure if that's just a joke or not.

If not, then you have no idea how ESRB ratings work for online games, do you.

I'm just gunna assume this is a joke.

Deleted
    Those people should not be posting feedback on a general forum .

Professionalism, the problem is that most people associate that with work ethics but in reality professionalism is something that should be embraced outside of work too. Trying to pick at a company and saying they can't defend it is very far from professionalism as well. He wasn't insulting, he was just blunt that the person complaining about the lack of content hasn't even dove into the majority of it, which has been said over and over again that not doing content you dislike doesn't mean there is lack of content.

"Blizzard just lost 3 subs due to this comment. That comment wasn't directed at me but I would rather give my money to a company that upholds itself to a higher standard.

This was, by far, the most inappropriate and unprofessional comment I have ever seen a Blizzard employee make. There are players here who have legitimate concerns regarding the game and most of these concerns could be washed away by simply communicating with the subscribers. Instead of giving actual discussion Blizzard decides to armory shame a subscriber. The community managers are the face of Blizzard to us, the subscribers, since we don't have open communication with the actual developers. It's no wonder the community and server communities have gone down the toilet when there are Blizzard employees who shame paying subscribers on their own official forum.

Anyways, I do hope that the remaining players enjoy their time here. gg I guess. "

Can be found in the blue post tracker section - this mother fucker.... just said... armory shaming.... we've officially reached a new level of carebear boiz.

I think that Orynx was far from out of line in his response and anyone offended by it should cry themselves a river so they can swiftly float the fuck away from this community

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    I'm not sure if that's just a joke or not.

If not, then you have no idea how ESRB ratings work for online games, do you.
    It was a tongue in cheek comment, that said the game is clearly targetted towards the High Scool/Uni crowd compared to other games so naturally immature comments towards devs is guranteed... Doesn't really justify adults responding immature back. I will happily agree Blizzard receive a lot of uncalled for shit but some of it is justified and recently some Blizzard devs have become a little egotistical

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Here's what's going to happen: Fuck all.

Ornyx isn't going to get a scolding. He's not going to be fired. The idiots blowing this out of proportion are going to see it die down within a week.

I'll even toxx clause that. People stating otherwise should match me if they genuinely believe in what they're saying. If not, they're cowards who lie to themselves and other people.

- - - Updated - - -

Read my recent post and put your money where your mouth is.
    Yes, that is probably what will happen. That does not change the fact that is was unprofessional.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Customer isn't always right. Fuck that, if he's only done 1/4th of Legion content, he has no leg to stand on to bitch about content.

What I don't get is how people are this stupid. Just because you don't like the content doesn't mean it isn't there. I swear WoW is a prison to some people they could just walk right out of, but all they want to do is sit there and complain about the color of the paint on the walls. If you really don't like this game, do the adult thing, quit bitching and move on.

Ornyx should talk to every whiney, entitled "paying customer" just like this. If all he's going to do is 25% of the available content and bitch, Blizzard doesn't need to care about him. His fifteen dollars a month won't be missed, be real.
    No, they might not always be right be there is nothing to be gains by sinking to the level of trolls.
    Now, he did clarify and said that there isn't enough content that he likes but thats beside the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yes, that is probably what will happen. That does not change the fact that is was unprofessional.
    So basically they should just let people call them out for everything even if it's untrue? That's a PR nightmare. Why can't the community actually act professional at some point instead of complaining and blaming?

Deleted
    This expansion, hands down has more content than the majority of the previous expansions. People are just being entitled nowadays.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    So basically they should just let people call them out for everything even if it's untrue? That's a PR nightmare. Why can't the community actually act professional at some point instead of complaining and blaming?
    Nobody said that but there was a hundred different ways to reply without the HURDUR YOUR ARMORY comment which is irrelevant

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    People of stature wouldn't even bother to respond to such an individual. This blue apparently isn't an individual of stature.
    They sure do have the right. Does it look good in a society dominated by SJWs and safe spaces however? Nope.

It's an interesting event if anything. Seeing this 'community' up in arms because some rebellious doofus was determined to be 'savage' towards the everyday rabble.
    This society isn't "dominated" by SJWs. It's dominated by capitalism, free will, rights, law, and order.

This is what i like to call "Law, and order". This guy acts like a 2 year old, he gets judged by the law (Blizzard). Order comes in ALL things. "Safe Spaces" do not.

By the way, regarding how many people think what Ornyx did was unprofessional and how many think what he did was completely right, a cursory look at the plus/minus balance of the posts in the thread shows that:

a) replies like "Its pretty unprofessional for a Blizzard employee to armory troll a player." get something like +14, and

b) replies like "Ornyx is so damn savage, i love you." get like +3, if not minuses.

Obviously the next idea of the fanboys is going to be "heck, this community is truly disgusting, because they are on the other side than myself on this and I am obviously right". Because the previous idea of "hey, people back Ornyx, hence he did well, nothing to apologize for, etc" seems to be failing hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    This expansion, hands down has more content than the majority of the previous expansions. People are just being entitled nowadays.
    The question is 'contnt people enjoy'

If you enjoy raids and mythics you're laughing, if not then 7.2 is lacking content

Nobody said that but there was a hundred different ways to reply without the HURDUR YOUR ARMORY comment which is irrelevant
    As I said in my previous post, he was blunt. Blunt is sometimes good. It actually makes people understand. Now some people get it and it hurt their feelings so they go into an uproar about how he reacted. It's not irrelevant at all either since it's pretty spot on with what the complaint was.