Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Not sure why - if you are struggling for money, $100k is a damn good price to get for an animal. If you value an animal's life over your kids or your own life... something screwy upstairs.
    You're not sure why I call someone refusing to sell their pet for 100k irrrational and then proceed to agree with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Me neither. But I would consider a dog as much family as an adopted child.
    The connection to an adopted child and a blood born child can certainly be different, but I'd still place the adopted child far above a dog because humans > dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    You're not sure why I call someone refusing to sell their pet for 100k irrrational
    Because if you are making humans suffer including yourself by doing so - it is in fact irrational.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    It's a pretty good indicator of loneliness and a disconnect from humanity in general.
    According to who?

Not saying it's a bad thing to love a pet. On the contrary, that's a wonderful thing. But I don't think it's a good thing when people place more value on an animal than a human.
    It's not about "an animal" vs "a human". It's about my animal vs a human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    I asked my better half what she would do. She is having a moral dilemma.

I know no one who loves their pets as much as she does. She has poured thousands upon thousands into the care of her pets. And even she would think about it. She didn't say yes or no. She would put serious thought into it though.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

It's easy to say never when you are realistically never confronted with the situation.

And it doesn't surprise me that people instantly decline, they probably think it's a joke anyway.

As for me, difficult question.

If I had the guarantee that the dog would be offered a great life with the new owner, I would consider it. If it's unclear what would happen to the dog, then definitely no, doesn't matter if 10 or 100k.

Sold!!!!!!
    READ and be less Ignorant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Look this is a topic that crosses the line where I won't even bother.
    In my opinion everybody who shares your sentiment is irrational, naive and doesn't bother much about about facts. Just all around a very simple minded individual.

- - - Updated - - -

Because if you are making humans suffer including yourself by doing so - it is in fact irrational.
    How am I suffering by taking the 100k?

10+ Year Old Account
    That entirely depends on the financial situation of the person. If 100k is the difference between being out on the street or having shelter, yeah that's going to be more important and not taking 100k would be irrational. If 100k is merely nice, but not necessary for your immediate needs, then its not irrational.

Pets are a financial drain, and if you're financially struggling I totally understand why someone would choose money over pets. In fact, that is what probably should happen (assuming you dont give your pets to a kill shelter where they;d likely get put down)

I only have guinea pigs, and I'd never sell them for 100k.

They are my babies. :L

10+ Year Old Account
    100k? Yeah, I'd do it. But I don't own a dog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    That entirely depends on the financial situation of the person. If 100k is the difference between being out on the street or having shelter, yeah that's going to be more important and not taking 100k would be irrational. If 100k is merely nice, but not necessary for your immediate needs, then its not irrational.

Pets are a financial drain, and if you're financially struggling I totally understand why someone would choose money over pets. In fact, that is what probably should happen (assuming you dont give your pets to a kill shelter where they;d likely get put down)
    Bravo Crissi! Well put.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

How am I suffering by taking the 100k?
    By denying yourself sufficient food, or shelter or healthcare etc...

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

15+ Year Old Account
    Look this is a topic that crosses the line where I won't even bother.
    You already bothered so put your money where your mouth is.

In my opinion everybody who shares your sentiment is irrational, naive and doesn't bother much about about facts. Just all around a very simple minded individual.
    And directly to ad hominems, well done!
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

That entirely depends on the financial situation of the person.
    Which is precisely why I said '... if you are struggling for money...' in the very first incarnation of my comment

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    The dog's a better person than most of my family.
    I can certainly understand why you may feel that way. People can be pretty shitty. Dogs usually have nothing but love for you. But that's because they are simpler creatures. They don't require much. Humans may need more, but they can also do a hell of a lot more.

I get it though. It would be difficult to argue that Adolf Hitler's life is more important than any dog's life. But your average human has far more worth in this world than any dog.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm pretty much broke at the moment, still wouldn't sell my dogs for 100k.

Because I don't sell my family members for money.

15+ Year Old Account
    By denying yourself sufficient food, or shelter or healthcare etc...
    I have no idea what you're arguing?
    You're pro-sell
    Yep - I'd sell my dog for $100k in a heartbeat, if I had one - because then I could afford to buy a house and ... have a dog.
    and I'm pro-sell. So what's your point?

- - - Updated - - -

And directly to ad hominems, well done!
    If you put the value of your dog above that of your child you're not human.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-05-24 at 05:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty much broke at the moment, still wouldn't sell my dogs for 100k.

Because I don't sell my family members for money.
    Everyone has different values, and I cant get mad over them.

Except at people that would give pets to kill shelters

or people that know they cant take care of their pets (so you see that their pets are super skinny and often sick) but keep them anyways.

and rather obviously at animal abusers

I have no idea what you're arguing?
    I'm not arguing - I'm discussing.

I'm pro-rational, not pro sell or pro keep.

If I have a million dollars, six houses and 5 luxury cars - then it wouldn't be rational at all to sell a beloved dog.
    If you are struggling for money - then it would be irrational to keep the dog.