Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    The fact that you have criterias for doing them, means you ARE actively seeking them out.
    Not at all. In fact, I've literally stated that I do them as a last resort thing.

Reading comprehension please.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    I stopped doing WQ's about 2 months ago when I hit 120kish or so. I am down to about 10k now so I may start doing some again. My advice to the people swimming in resources. Stop doing WQ's lol.
    I will slow down big time once I cap out all my existing chars weapons at 52, and done with the paragon mounts :P

And work on new chars that start at 0 order resources.

100 OR/BOS for one material(something like for BOS dump, also the same proportions).

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Then you've not been doing your emissaries + Broken Shore WQs. Those alone will drown you in resources easily.
    I dont do emisarries every day. i just do all 3 when they are up and thats it.
    Broken shore is done for me since i have exalted theres no reason to do those.
    This is on my main, who usually hovers at 10k.
    you really have to be playing HARD to have over 100k left.

I play actively tue/wed when we raid for a few hours and log in once a day maybe on the other days to do some quests or play alts.
    Most people have barely any OR

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    I dont do emisarries every day. i just do all 3 when they are up and thats it.
    Broken shore is done for me since i have exalted theres no reason to do those.
    This is on my main, who usually hovers at 10k.
    you really have to be playing HARD to have over 100k left.

I play actively tue/wed when we raid for a few hours and log in once a day maybe on the other days to do some quests or play alts.
    Most people have barely any OR
    Broken Shore WQs give you an emissary box for every 4, essentially, no reason to skip them.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

The fact that you have criterias for doing them, means you ARE actively seeking them out. You have other options, easy or not, go do those and your income will be reduced. And if you run with a bodyguard that has resource equipment, replace them. You have so many things you CAN do to avoid getting resources at this point, yet you choose to do them anyway, so it's really your own fault. Yours, not Blizzards.
    It doesn't mean that at all. It means, at most, that he's not avoiding them.

If you kill a rarespawn who aggros you while you're looting a chest, that doesn't mean you were actively seeking out the rarespawn.

Deleted
    Broken Shore WQs give you an emissary box for every 4, essentially, no reason to skip them.
    And you're almost guaranteed 750 OHR for handing it in as well as the AP token.

I have all BM BiS legendaries, and some support ones..i have zero reason to do them since i dont play MM or SV :P

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    I stopped doing WQ's about 2 months ago when I hit 120kish or so. I am down to about 10k now so I may start doing some again. My advice to the people swimming in resources. Stop doing WQ's lol.
    Unfortunately that's not a viable solution. Blizzard has incentivized WQs in myriad ways, so getting resources is a side effect of going after other things.

I can't fathom why some people seem so dead set against a resource trader.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Well, that's a fun solution.

"Don't consume content or deal with an excess of currency".
    That is the situation we are in at the moment. No, it's certainly not fun not doing content, I totally agree with that. And I do it anyway on my main. Yet I've been able to avoid most resource income by not doing WQs that specifically grant them. Almost all the Emissary stuff can be done without a single resource quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Not at all. In fact, I've literally stated that I do them as a last resort thing.

Reading comprehension please.
    I am reading you just fine, you just use the wrong words for your intentions. And last resort? Please...

Right now, sitting on my main, I have the past 3 Emissaries waiting to be complete. Valajar, Dreamweaves and Farondis. I have a total of 10 WQs up on my map that grant resources directly. For Valajar, I need to do 0 of them, no resources in Stormheim at all. Dreamweavers has the choice of doing 1 that grant resources or 11 others that do not. Farondis is the biggest annoyance right now. Only 8 quests to do and 2 of them grant resources. That's 25%! But I still have the gawd daim CHOICE to avoid resources if I want to! The remaining 7 quests are in Suramar and Broken Shores, none of which I need to do for Emissaries today. I have a total of 58 WQs up and 10 of them grants resources. Even if I do the other 48 and leave the resources alone, I'll have 17 new ones in 4 hours (due to stormheim invasion) to pick from. What are the odds of those 17 being resources needed for tomorrows cache? Very slim. What are the odds of those 17 quests being resources only? Even slimmer. What are the odds of me completing that cache without touching a single resource quest? Extredmely likely.

Please find another argument instead of "last resort".

Deleted
    I am reading you just fine, you just use the wrong words for your intentions. And last resort? Please...

Right now, sitting on my main, I have the past 3 Emissaries waiting to be complete. Valajar, Dreamweaves and Farondis. I have a total of 10 WQs up on my map that grant resources directly. For Valajar, I need to do 0 of them, no resources in Stormheim at all. Dreamweavers has the choice of doing 1 that grant resources or 11 others that do not. Farondis is the biggest annoyance right now. Only 8 quests to do and 2 of them grant resources. That's 25%! But I still have the gawd daim CHOICE to avoid resources if I want to! The remaining 7 quests are in Suramar and Broken Shores, none of which I need to do for Emissaries today. I have a total of 58 WQs up and 10 of them grants resources. Even if I do the other 48 and leave the resources alone, I'll have 17 new ones in 4 hours (due to stormheim invasion) to pick from. What are the odds of those 17 being resources needed for tomorrows cache? Very slim. What are the odds of those 17 quests being resources only? Even slimmer. What are the odds of me completing that cache without touching a single resource quest? Extredmely likely.

Please find another argument instead of "last resort".
    Thanks for providing your anecdotal evidence that I'm somehow wrong, despite many posters expressing the same situation that I'm in.

Just because things work out a certain way for you doesn't suddenly mean it's the status quo and quite frankly it's pretty self centered to think that way.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like a new, resource intensive mission type that unlocks the set display pieces in our Order Hall.

Deleted
    Just because things work out a certain way for you doesn't suddenly mean it's the status quo and quite frankly it's pretty self centered to think that way.
    Reverse the argument there. Just because YOU have a problem with too many resources, doesn't mean it's like that for everyone. Plenty of other people have wondered how to get to the high amounts you and I and many others have. They aren't the problem. We are. We do the content that gives us resources. It's our fault that we have so many of them that we don't know what to spend them on. The difference between you and me is that I do what I can to avoid getting even more.

Deleted
    Reverse the argument there. Just because YOU have a problem with too many resources, doesn't mean it's like that for everyone. Plenty of other people have wondered how to get to the high amounts you and I and many others have. They aren't the problem. We are. We do the content that gives us resources. It's our fault that we have so many of them that we don't know what to spend them on. The difference between you and me is that I do what I can to avoid getting even more.
    I don't have a problem with it at all. I'm simply advocating for a way to dump excess resources. It does however appear that you have a problem with it though.

I've already said time and time again I actively avoid WQs that reward order hall resources. Not my fault you're too stubborn to believe that.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think ability to buying specific equipment would be perfect. For example:

- common equipment for 1,000
    - rare for 5,000
    - epic for 10,000
    - legendary for 50,000

It would cause no grind, we don't really need those so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Unfortunately that's not a viable solution. Blizzard has incentivized WQs in myriad ways, so getting resources is a side effect of going after other things.

I can't fathom why some people seem so dead set against a resource trader.
    I am not against a resource trader at all I think it's a good idea. But lets be honest if someone has accumulated over 300k of resources like stop doing WQ's lol.

Deleted
    I've already said time and time again I actively avoid WQs that reward order hall resources. Not my fault you're too stubborn to believe that.
    I'm not too stubborn to believe it. You just contradict yourself. Actively avoiding quests means not picking them at all, unless there is absolutely nothing else to do. You have said yourself that you do them if they are easy. That means you made the choice to do that instead of something else. You have the choice to reduce your income, yet you choose not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I think ability to buying specific equipment would be perfect. For example:

- common equipment for 1,000
    - rare for 5,000
    - epic for 10,000
    - legendary for 50,000

It would cause no grind, we don't really need those so bad.
    Being able to target equipment would make people grind for full legendary. It would cause more grind, not less, until all followers had the perfect setup. Then the resources would pile up again.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I have 180k so no never gonna run out, especially since i have a legendary item attached to my bodyguard which gives gold + resources. must say its been handy buying multiple ak catch up things for all my alts. but it would be good if we could shift some to alts, i know you can buy some with bloods but still I'd rather not

Being able to target equipment would make people grind for full legendary. It would cause more grind, not less, until all followers had the perfect setup. Then the resources would pile up again.
    Maybe not directly legendary items, but being able to directly buy an unidentified follower item that could roll, say, blue or higher for OR would be great(especially for alt catchup, which is a fucking nightmare for follower gearing atm, especially for non-work order classes)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    I'm not too stubborn to believe it. You just contradict yourself. Actively avoiding quests means not picking them at all, unless there is absolutely nothing else to do.
    Which is what I do...

How many times do you think I actually do an order hall resource quest when it's easy? Compared to all the other WQs that I do for emissaries/gold/AP? Are you seriously advocating that the tiny fraction of a time I do those quests are the sole reason I have so much order hall resources? Now compare that to how often I attempt to SPEND said resources by constantly keeping on top of missions and using it to buy seals each week.

Anyone with half a brain can sense that it doesn't add up the way you're claiming it does.