Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    One of the Twitter comments actually asked if the appropriate self-defense strategy for a reporter being assaulted by a grumpy Republican politician was to deck him or shoot him under stand your ground laws.
    Giafonte was posturing about defending the 2nd amendment, so I asked him whether the 2nd amendment was a key part of his strategy to avoid difficult questions in the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleEverett View Post
    If he doesn't lose tomorrow I'll be very sad. Also, sidenote, you'll want to edit the title. Montana's abbreviation is MT, MO is Missouri's.
    I dont think you quiet understand Republican mentality. A candidate body slamming someone is something they would applaud. "I would like to have a drink with that badass"
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of sad that I have to be proud that this thread got this far without a right winger saying the evil media got what it deserved and it's a shame he didn't go farther.

Cause you know it's coming. When you demonize the media like the right wing has done you start to enable turning rhetorical attacks into actual ones.

This is likely to just increase Gianforte's appeal unfortunately.

Supposed to be an update from the sheriffs soon. It should be interesting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    Because the people currently running the show are unbelievable morons.
    Wait til you see the people voting for them.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

$10 this guys still wins the seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    $10 this guys still wins the seat.
    What odds are you giving that he doesn't finish his term and they need to have another special election?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    It's kind of sad that I have to be proud that this thread got this far without a right winger saying the evil media got what it deserved and it's a shame he didn't go farther.

Cause you know it's coming. When you demonize the media like the right wing has done you start to enable turning rhetorical attacks into actual ones.

This is likely to just increase Gianforte's appeal unfortunately.
    The Right can't keep up, they are getting tired of winning.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

OK, ouch. (Literally)

Greg Gianforte: Fox News team witnesses GOP House candidate 'body slam' reporter

Even Fox News, who was in the room, is backing the reporter.

During that conversation, another man — who we now know is Ben Jacobs of The Guardian — walked into the room with a voice recorder, put it up to Gianforte's face and began asking if him if he had a response to the newly released Congressional Budget Office report on the American Health Care Act. Gianforte told him he would get to him later. Jacobs persisted with his question. Gianforte told him to talk to his press guy, Shane Scanlon.

At that point, Gianforte grabbed Jacobs by the neck with both hands and slammed him into the ground behind him. Faith, Keith and I watched in disbelief as Gianforte then began punching the man, as he moved on top the reporter and began yelling something to the effect of "I'm sick and tired of this!"

Jacobs scrambled to his knees and said something about his glasses being broken. He asked Faith, Keith and myself for our names. In shock, we did not answer. He then said he wanted the police called and went to leave. Gianforte looked at the three of us and repeatedly apologized. At that point, I told him and Scanlon, who was now present, that we needed a moment. The men then left.
    When you've lost Fox...
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    OK, ouch. (Literally)

Greg Gianforte: Fox News team witnesses GOP House candidate 'body slam' reporter

Even Fox News, who was in the room, is backing the reporter.

When you've lost Fox...
    Oh wow. I take it back, this guy is toast. When Fox news goes for the jugular you've lost everyone.

7+ Year Old Account

This statement by Fox News...just wow.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post

This statement by Fox News...just wow.
    Fox News' account is entirely consistent with the released audio, too.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Fox News' account is entirely consistent with the released audio, too.
    That isn't a body slam. That's a two handed choke slam!
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    WTF is the GOP putting in their koolaid?
    People get really paranoid about scrutiny when they know their actions won't hold up under it.

The GOP is getting desperate and paranoid. I expect more and more unhinged events like this to occur as we get closer to the 2018 elections and it becomes evident the GOP is going to get, to use Obama's term, abso-fucking-lutely shellacked due to their tying themselves to Turnip.

Interesting, from the AP tonight...

As a candidate, [Gianforte] has already had to apologize for his treatment of the press, including after an incident last month at a meeting of a Christian group where a man complained about reporters and said he wanted to "wring their necks."
    I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

I wonder who will run in the next special election to replace him?

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I wonder who will run in the next special election to replace him?
    Brock Lesnar

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    So doesn't that pretty much guarantee that Quist wins? Because if the Republicans nominate an assaulter, they are going to guarantee that Gianforte gets removed from office for being in fucking jail.
    Didn't stop them voting for Dumbass Donnie "Grab em' by the Pussy" Dump, did it? >.>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Togashii View Post
    But muh self defense!! Lucky he didn't get shot, being Montana and all.
    I know - those dirty liberals and those evil "recorders" that extract facts from your soul! >.>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The GOP is getting desperate and paranoid. I expect more and more unhinged events like this to occur as we get closer to the 2018 elections and it becomes evident the GOP is going to get, to use Obama's term, abso-fucking-lutely shellacked due to their tying themselves to Turnip.
    As long as they don't start condoning the Pre-election anti-Hillary anti-Rigged Militia-men to start suiting/arming up again... >_<

Sheriff is a political contributor to Gianforte.

https://www.opensecrets.org/donor-lo...&employ=&cand=