Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Enjoy holding onto that cultural appropriation whining for as long as you can because the food industry is being taken over by robots anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by burzian View Post
    The free market at work, baby. These jokers put a spin on their run of the mill burrito shop that people didn't like; people roasted them and they gave up. Not much of an issue here.
    Pretty much this truth be told.

No one forced them to close, they just had thin skin and folded up shop.

If they made good food no one is going to give a fuck about the origins of the recipe.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is up with these necros?

I made a quesadilla the other day, thankfully I used a pre-made tortilla. I wouldn't want to make my own offensive version.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    What is up with these necros?
    May 25th isn't that long ago
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by omfgreally View Post
    Someone doesn't know History. But I'm not going to hold that against you, it's just the public schooling of propaganda indoctrination talking. It will wear off in about 10 to 20 years if you are willing to let it go and learn something. But whatever.
    I'd love to know what you believe people have the confederate flag hanging around for. Please once your ban finishes enlighten us.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it.

So they got cooking recipies by asking other people and create a restaurant that utilizes these recipies.

Is that really it?

There are such things as burritos in Mexico, that is an American thing, so dunno what recipes they were stealing. You get tacos, and not the Taco Bell hard shell thing.

Sounds like they were making shit up

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Pretty much this truth be told.

No one forced them to close, they just had thin skin and folded up shop.

If they made good food no one is going to give a fuck about the origins of the recipe.
    Not really "this" considering they had their yelp and other rating things utterly destroyed by this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Not really "this" considering they had their yelp and other rating things utterly destroyed by this nonsense.
    I've never used yelp to determine where to eat.

Guess what, there are millions of others just like me.

If you sway your business based on internet anonymity you've already lost. Go ahead and shutter your doors because the internet made you cry. There are probably untold number of shitty reviewed stores they are doing just fine.

Hell, I know of a few places locally that to me had shitty food and shitty service. Well some 10-15 years later they are still operating just fine even though I think they are garbage.

People on the internet think of themselves way to highly, especially reviewers. The secret is the loud minority give them a soapbox to preach from while the vast majority just don't give a shit what they think. (hell look at the official WoW forums for this theory)

I mean look at THIS forum where you would swear every poster, especially in political forum, are literal geniuses or some other form of brilliant political scientist if we were to categorize them based on what they think of themselves. Truth is they are just idiot parrots working at McDonalds part time.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-06-08 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I've never used yelp to determine where to eat.

Guess what, there are millions of others just like me.

If you sway your business based on internet anonymity you've already lost. Go ahead and shutter your doors because the internet made you cry. There are probably untold number of shitty reviewed stores they are doing just fine.

Hell, I know of a few places locally that to me had shitty food and shitty service. Well some 10-15 years later they are still operating just fine even though I think they are garbage.

People on the internet think of themselves way to highly, especially reviewers. The secret is the loud minority give them a soapbox to preach from while the vast majority just don't give a shit what they think. (hell look at the official WoW forums for this theory)

I mean look at THIS forum where you would swear every poster, especially in political forum, are literal geniuses or some other form of brilliant political scientist if we were to categorize them based on what they think of themselves. Truth is they are just idiot parrots working at McDonalds part time.
    Personal annscdote is never a good basis for reality. Especially when you consider this is a younger city like Portland. Where social media is going to be more impactful. People seeing 1/5 or 2/5 stars when they google you can be devastating to a small business

Apart from that, YELP is a scam who try to blackmail businessss into buying AD space. They need to be shut down

http://www.businessinsider.com/owner...usiness-2013-4