Death strike weakaura question

I want to create a wa to show me when i should use deathstrike based on my health , how much % health should i set? when is it optimal to use it?

Btw one random question , is it ever worth to use heart strike over marrowend?

Deleted
    Did we really reach a point in WoW when people are too lazy to pay attention even to their HP?
    Not to mention, that with the new Blood arifact traits, you benefit from "wasting" (aka overhealing yourself) Death Strikes, so...

To your second question, it does if
    a) you have high boneshield stack
    b) you have to attack 2 targets
    c) aoe tanking

stay gcd cap'd, only save death strike if you know you'll need an active mitigation check or the heal 5 seconds into the future.
    optimally you'd be able to maintain a 5+ boneshield.
    and heartstrikes are great when your boneshield is high and or you're bursting aoe with DRW inside of D&D, after bloodboil charges are expended of course

and remember runes only recharge 3 at a time
    Last edited by SenpaiDean; 2017-05-25 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I want to create a wa to show me when i should use deathstrike based on my health , how much % health should i set? when is it optimal to use it?

Btw one random question , is it ever worth to use heart strike over marrowend?
    When to use DS isn't something you can really boil down to a simple rule. Generally you will use it to avoid going over your runic power cap during your normal "I'm pretty safe and basically just doing damage" rotation. Beyond that it really comes down to the fight. If there is a big damage spike about to come you may need to use it to top yourself off. If you have just taken a big damage spike you may need the heal, conversely you may be safe enough and not need to hit it if you are low on runic power and you know that the damage for the next while will be low and the healer can top you off. At other times you may need to use it more because the group is taking a lot of damage and you can take some of the strain off of the healers by keeping yourself topped off for a while. So basically just make sure you can see your health and your current runic power clearly on the screen and play it by ear.

As for heart strike, if you don't need the bone shield stacks it is always better to use heart strike over Marrowrend. Marrowrend costs 2 runes and generates 20 runic power, heart strike costs 1 rune and generates 15 runic power so if you spend the same runes on heart strikes you get 50% more runic power which means 50% more death strikes (if you have the Heartbreaker talent this gets even better).

For damage single target its close but heart strike still wins out because of all those extra death strikes you get to use. For AoE heart strike wins out by a lot since it hits two targets by default and, if you are standing in death and decay it hits up to four targets and, assuming you have the blood feast weapon trait you get healed for 25% of the damage it does which, while generally not that significant is still free healing.

So generally you use Marrowrend when you have 6 or fewer stacks of bone shield. Death Strike when you need the heal or are about to overcap on runic power. Heart Strike the rest of the time and blood boil whenever you need to spread diseases or just have nothing else to cast.