Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I can only hope that in "certain" other situations you will also call raising kids well, instead of being indoctrinated.

Who are we kidding, you definitely haven't been apologizing so hard in other circumstances.

Just the ones that are arbitrarily banning what is deemed legal by the law. Those should have zero legitimacy.
    So yeah all of them? Guess what all universities 'arbritarily' ban? Shouting in the class room, phonecalls, eating, the list goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    sorry, such action should have no consequences as here. it's not illegal to get pregnant or fall in love or have sex at such age.
    It's not illegal. She's not being arrested for this.

It is against the code of conduct and thus she was punished for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    They are separate. It's a private school.
    Including all schools, private or not.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    This thread taught me one thing: Lots of people are so clueless about Sharia Law that are comparing it to the events on the OP. Kek.
    Well, it would be nice to keep religion out of education anytime. it has a tendency to breed behaviors above and beyond decent manners.

"Principiis obsta, sero medicina paratur" Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I can only hope that in "certain" other situations you will also call raising kids well, instead of being indoctrinated.

Who are we kidding, you definitely haven't been apologizing so hard in other circumstances.

Just the ones that are arbitrarily banning what is deemed legal by the law. Those should have zero legitimacy.
    It's legal to eat in public. It's legal to talk to your neighbor in public. It's legal to hand out flyers anywhere you want in public, but try that on a University campus (especially if it's a right wing flyer.)

Quote Originally Posted by AzazeltheRuthless View Post
    2 point to be made by this. 1. Catholic Church is the reason schools even exist as you know them, they literally invented the concepts of University. After the Roman Empire fell, become the sole body in charge of educations for centuries. Government, eventually stepped in and started building public schools, but most of the famous school and universities you know were all owned by the Catholic Church.

Private Schools are perfectly fine in my book, if you want to pay for schooling that your choice as a parent. It should be my choice where my kid goes, public schooling, private, or home. You're an adult, make your choice and follow the rules set forth.
    That was long, long time ago plus there is no need to overplay their significance.
    And it should be kid's choice about going to religious school, not just because parents are believers.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    It's legal to eat in public. It's legal to talk to your neighbor in public. It's legal to hand out flyers anywhere you want in public, but try that on a University campus (especially if it's a right wing flyer.)
    Are those allowed in the public funded schools?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    Including all schools, private or not.
    Goes to show what our liberal friends think of people being allowed to raise children their way and choosing which schools to attend. How dare they, these monsters?

10+ Year Old Account
    So much for being pro-life

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    It's not illegal. She's not being arrested for this.

It is against the code of conduct and thus she was punished for this.
    should i write in flames and blinking letters ? "Thou shalt not set rules of conduct above and beyond decent manners".

Now that was easy

I commend the school for sticking by its principles and enforcing the rules agreed upon by the woman in question.

This thread contains quite a bit of needless discussion of religion, and may be an unsurprising victim of a lockdown should said discussion continue.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Although realistically: how many students are there because they wanted to attend the school and how many are there because their parents wanted them to?
    If you're making that argument... how many student want to go to school AT ALL? and how many go because their parents want them to? It would also be a fun to find out how many students that are stuck in the meat grinder that is public education would want to go to a religious based school.

Deleted
    should i write in flames and blinking letters ? "Thou shalt not set rules of conduct above and beyond decent manners".

Now that was easy
    And the almighty government gets to decide what decent manners are?

On your knees, peasant!

Well, it would be nice to keep religion out of education anytime. it has a tendency to breed behaviors above and beyond decent manners.

"Principiis obsta, sero medicina paratur" Ovid
    Completely agree. That's why I would never even consider making any children, I might have in the future, attend any religious private schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    That was long, long time ago plus there is no need to overplay their significance.
    And it should be kid's choice about going to religious school, not just because parents are believers.
    If the kid is so "grown up" that they think they are ready for sex, then they should be grown up enough to confront their parents over their choice of school if they disagree.

Deleted
    While the discussions has been about private schools and them having/enforcing special rules to a large degree, there also has been a lot of discussion about religion, and the specifics of said religion. Given the context of the thread and the article itself, I realize that it's difficult to avoid this - but it's still a forbidden topic here.

So I am going to close this.