Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Official Unstable Arcanocrystal acquisition celebration thread

After over 40 Relinquished turn ins, and 7 months of Withered J'im attempts WITH BONUS ROLL, I finally was able to snag an 860 Arcanocrystal on a bonus roll off J'im.

I am not gonna lie, I have never been so happy to see a piece of gear drop lol.

It is ridiculous how over budgeted this trinket is. I was 909 equipped on my Affliction warlock, with my trinkets having been what was holding me back. I was using an 885 Erratic Metronome with an 880 Mastery stat stick.

We did our Mythic NH clear about a half hour after I got it, and I was able to pull off some gold Warcraft log parses on some fights I was struggling on! Felt damn good with this trinket equipped.

Its probably gonna be redundant in 3 weeks.

Assuming this isn't some kind of satire:

I can see this trinket being great back during EN, and even the beginning of NH, but how in dog's name is an 860 trinket still regarded so highly? Like, if it was titanforged or something, sure, but if you're 909 equipped and one trinket nearly 50 ilvls lower is what made or broke your performance? lol, don't know what to tell you.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Cant speak for affliction warlocks, but even an 860 Arcanocrystal is superior to anything else for shadow priests, besides a couple of titanforged (910-915+) NH trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post

I can see this trinket being great back during EN, and even the beginning of NH, but how in dog's name is an 860 trinket still regarded so highly? Like, if it was titanforged or something, sure, but if you're 909 equipped and one trinket nearly 50 ilvls lower is what made or broke your performance? lol, don't know what to tell you.
    Oddly enough, TF actually hurts it somewhat, from what I understand. It still has a ton of stats but compared to other trinkets of a similar high ilvl, it can't hold up. The benefit was always stat allocation was higher than ilvl predicted, so among trinkets around 860-880 it was supreme.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

The stat budget on this item is out of whack, that's why it overperforms relative to item level.

im a 906 equipped 910 total ilvl aff warlock (with challenge skin) using heroic guldan whispers trinket and relinquished 885 nightbane trinket + socket. An 860 arcano crystal isn't that good man in comparison man. Congrats though you probably should have put that focus into getting a whispers from guldan instead followed by high stat stick mastery but it doesn't really matter now all the gear we got will be replaced pretty quickly in tos.

I've gotten good stat sticks. I have a 905 mastery and a 900 crit trinket that I use. Still haven't seen an arcano crystal or a whispers yet though.

I got mine on the very first week Jim showed up, after expac launch.

Thought it was kinda crap so I just stashed it in the bank until a week or two later when I read about everyone crying that they didn't get it and saying how BIS it was.

Interesting sidenote: Higher iLev (and so higher Int) increased the value of sec stats and in conclusion the worth of arcanocrystal at least for Restodruids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcanocrystal actually gets better the higher your ilvl because all the secondaries scale with your main stat and its so vastly overbudgeted
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    Been stuck 860 with socket on both my mage and elemental shaman since launch basicly, today Jim dropped an 895 with socket on my 2week old assa rogue and tbh i got a little bit mad that i didnt get it on a character that have been farming it for ages...

Arcanocrystal was massively devalued with the changes to secondaries in 7.1.5 Most specs prio primary stats now. A same Ilvl tinket with Strength for e.g would most likely be better. A relinquished stat stick trinket, with primary + your best secondary, would absolutely destroy Arcano. They are grindable too FYI. I got a 895 trinket on my DH with agi / crit and a socket. That's not even replaceable. No trinket in the game beats that, bar a higher level copy.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2017-05-31 at 06:05 PM.

For most resto druids with ilev 900 and higher int is of lower value than most sec stats.
    It's spec/gear dependend how good arcano is.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Arcanocrystal actually gets better the higher your ilvl because all the secondaries scale with your main stat and its so vastly overbudgeted
    It also suffers more from diminishing returns of secondary stats, since those usually also increase with ILvl and you will probably already have stacked the ones you want as well.

Literally coined Jim every time he's been up. Still never got it. Relinquished Trinkets also don't seem to care.

Yesterday it gave me an 895 stat stick with a socket!... with Vers. I was so mad.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Ennyzor View Post
    Cant speak for affliction warlocks, but even an 860 Arcanocrystal is superior to anything else for shadow priests, besides a couple of titanforged (910-915+) NH trinkets.
    Whispers is basically a third legendary for Affli but on second slot Arcano is king.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It also suffers more from diminishing returns of secondary stats, since those usually also increase with ILvl and you will probably already have stacked the ones you want as well.
    But benefits from the fact that all secondaries benefit each other while they scale, creating a lot of cross-benefit between stats. Also because it has all the meaningful secondaries on it in the same amount it doesn't skew their weight, just increases the floor across the board.

The fact that it can compete as a 860 item against 895+ items is a testament to how powerful the combination of overbudgeting and cross-benefits of secondaries can be. It's two raid tiers behind but still the go-to 2nd slot trinket choice for many classes and straight up BiS for a few as well.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Grenor View Post
    It's spec/gear dependend how good arcano is.
    This.

Also This (boomkins)

And this (aff ST SC)

It's a pretty solid trinket overall. There's better shit of course but looks like you'd have to win the TF lottery to beat it out.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself