Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You have done exactly the same with your subscription, bought a bunch of virtual 1's and 0's that have little value to most other people, and not something tangible.
    There has never been any legitimate reason for the stigma, only arrogant players who demand we recognise their superiority, instead of letting us decide ourselves if they are that or not.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Haters gonna hate...even on store items where 100% of the proceeds get donated to charity

But I guess the hate worked, been some time since Blizzard put anything that works "in game" and is not charity into the store. What was the last? The rune saber?
    And they have the tokens, which arguably achieve very similar, only direct into blizzard's pockets.
    Especially if the "overall income" statement is taken into account.
    Not that I can complain since I take full advantage of paying with gold instead of cash.

I for reasons do not have the income some others do, and therefore for me the "time" to earn that is very different.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-05-26 at 10:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    There was never a stigma, your raid guild was obviously bitter

10+ Year Old Account
    I have all of them, and all of the pets. Come at me!
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    it just pisses me off knowing they had so much more potential, especially the ones released in WoD era, than to be store mounts while we got hundreds of boar recolors for actually playing the game.
    This attitude genuinely mystifies me. Are people really that limited that they cannot look at the bigger picture?

Why is it that you look at a store mount and simply assume that if it wasn't on the store, then it would be available from "actually playing the game"? It's a simple question of economics:

Store mounts result in more revenue for WoW. More revenue for WoW means more budget for development of WoW. More budget for development means more mounts. Were it not for those mounts appearing in the shop, they would either not be available to us as players at all, or would come at the cost of some other content.

I mean, I get that the emotional knee-jerk response is to feel that the shop is robbing us of stuff we're entitled to, but really, applying any kind of actual thought to the matter would yield a very different conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    This attitude genuinely mystifies me. Are people really that limited that they cannot look at the bigger picture?

Why is it that you look at a store mount and simply assume that if it wasn't on the store, then it would be available from "actually playing the game"? It's a simple question of economics:

Store mounts result in more revenue for WoW. More revenue for WoW means more budget for development of WoW. More budget for development means more mounts. Were it not for those mounts appearing in the shop, they would either not be available to us as players at all, or would come at the cost of some other content.

I mean, I get that the emotional knee-jerk response is to feel that the shop is robbing us of stuff we're entitled to, but really, applying any kind of actual thought to the matter would yield a very different conclusion.
    Not really most of the mounts are simple reskins. The WoD grinning reaver and rainbow mount honestly seem like removed rep rewards from their various factions.

I don't think its a unfair stance to take.

Runesaber and Heart of the Aspects mounts. ...and Lil XT pet when that came out. I also bought a token for the transmog mount. No regrets.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    For me it's not about being shallow, it's a measure of intellect. It's hard to gauge that with anonymous people online. However, when people have telltale giveaways, you have to take it into consideration.
    Wow, the irony here is just too good to ignore

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    I couldn't care less if someone has a store bought item or not. Personally, I'll never buy any of em, the ones that I own were given to me as gifts over time from friends who play WoW. I'd never actually use any of the store mounts as it doesn't show anything other than "Hey I wasted 20 eur." and it just pisses me off knowing they had so much more potential, especially the ones released in WoD era, than to be store mounts while we got hundreds of boar recolors for actually playing the game.
    I never understood why people knocked the boars. All the racial mounts in classic are recolors and no one complained. The 8 talbuks, 6 nether rays, and 6 netherdrakes from BC are recolors and no one complained. All the drakes and proto-drakes from Wrath were recolors and no one complained. All the stone drakes and storm drakes from Cata were recolors and no one complained.

So why is it that WoD and their boar recolors are suddenly the root of all evil and "proof that Blizz is lazy/doesn't care/is greedy/what have you?"

Deleted
    I bought Heart of the Aspects years ago, nobody has ever commented about that, which is nice. The helmets I'd never buy, too useless as I change my transmog all the time, but cba if someone buys, then they have the money for it.

...and it would work the other way round I suppose? Like "I bought a runesaber mount that I expected to be exclusive and now you can get it (something very similar) for completing a questline"?
    I would argue the back lash against these items is what brought that around. It all started with that armored flying mount... I forget the name now but overall I find cash shop items shaddy in a pay to play game even if you can technically get past it with wow tokens.

Deleted
    That is plain untrue. We had threads here, asking to boycott people with cosmetic helms, to literally kick them from Pugs etc - going all the way back to "that retarded horse"

Unless we want to argue semantics whether that is a stigma or not
    We're talking in-game? MMOC is hardly an accurate representation of anything

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post

I would assume most raid guilds/leaders would think that if someone bought an item from the store that has purely cosmetic value they would think "This person has no fucking common sense in how to spend their money, why should I have them in my guild/raid?"
    What does one have to do with the other? It's your money, do what you want with it...
    I think it's silly, but whatever. These days you can get currency to buy that shit with gold too iirc, so even more "who the fuck cares"
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Deleted
    Hehe...I am actually more annoyed that I would have to play HS or HotS "extensively" to get some of the mounts. I rather buy those for 20 Euros from the shop than play a game that I dislike (which is why I didn't get them)
    TBF the HotS mount took 2hrs max. There was a thread listing friends to add but I would've probably preferred paying £15 than the desperate PLEASE PLAY OUR OTHER GAMES promotions

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Not really most of the mounts are simple reskins. The WoD grinning reaver and rainbow mount honestly seem like removed rep rewards from their various factions.
    /facepalm

I already addressed this but somehow you just ignored most of what I said. It's really not hard. Without the shop, the game would get less revenue. Less revenue means a smaller development budget, which means less content.

It doesn't matter whether the mount is "simple reskin" or whether the initial concept was a faction reward. There is simply no way that we would have got those mounts in game without having to sacrifice something else.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I don't think its a unfair stance to take.
    Sorry, but I have to disagree. It's a lazy, poorly considered stance to take, especially after someone has gone to the effort to show you why the stance is full of fail.

10+ Year Old Account
    The store is one of the things that made me quit wow. In a sub based game it shouldnt exist, its simple as that. If it was free to play (and sub only provided you some bonuses to xp, cash), then i would be totaly fine with it.
    If you allow their team to waste talent on this and not made it game obtainable, you give them to much power---) wich as we all see is quality down like hell. (in raid armors, mounts)

It should be a reward for subs, not a cash-grab. Because as it stands right now, you only pay for servers.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I didnt play during Wrath so I havent met any stigma about the mounts, but I remember when those helmets were released.. Dear god. People were kicked from dungeons and shit JUST because they had those helmets. :S

I dunno if "stigma" is the right term. It's not an accomplishment to have those mounts so the lack of rarity makes them less impressive though. Like finding a guy with a gladiator drake from WOTLK/tbc is impressive, seeing people riding store-bought mounts, is like whatever works for you.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe...I am actually more annoyed that I would have to play HS or HotS "extensively" to get some of the mounts. I rather buy those for 20 Euros from the shop than play a game that I dislike (which is why I didn't get them)
    Hehe, agreed. Luckily I discovered that HS and HotS are actually pretty fun games, so I am not too salty about it

Also, some people here need to realise that for a salaried professional, or anyone who is financially successful, the time required to earn the money to buy some shop items is trivial compared to the amount of time we'd have to spend in game to get that same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    The store is one of the things that made me quit wow. In a sub based game it shouldnt exist, its simple as that. If it was free to play (and sub only provided you some bonuses to xp, cash), then i would be totaly fine with it.
    If you allow their team to waste talent on this and not made it game obtainable, you give them to much power---) wich as we all see is quality down like hell. (in raid armors, mounts)

It should be a reward for subs, not a cash-grab. Because as it stands right now, you only pay for servers.
    Yup. Far better to have even less content in the game and force the whales to spend their money on other games. Because...reasons.

/s

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    No, but it doesn't stop the video from being funny.

In my opinion they absolutely do. I could buy a store mount and stare at its prettiness but then I'd get bored of it in no time. Why do I get bored of it? Because everyone else can get it just as easily as me.

I want to ride rare mounts since I need something to show off my achievements. Transmog took away gear, nothing remains except mounts.