Mythic Botanist question

My guild is working on Mythic Botanist right now, and I'm wondering if anyone has tried the following:

When transitioning into phase 3, would it be possible to keep blessing of freedom on the tank to avoid having them get rooted? I'm not saying use it as a dispel, but having it up pre-emptively so that when flare is cast, he simply immunes the root effect. I assume I'm not the first person to think of this and I don't see it being used, so I'm skeptical that it works. Would it just instantly cause a collapse and lashers? Would Botanist just target another player with flare?

EDIT: To clarify, we're not trying to immune all of phase 3. It's to give us a bit of extra time before we make the first swap.

Please let me know if you have attempted this or know what would happen! Thanks!
    Last edited by Dnulso; 2017-05-26 at 06:26 PM.

every flare he casts applies the root and dot, so you cant just immune the first and be done with it. he also casts flare too often for it to be realistic, you may get 2 with 1 BoF, but then again i dont even know if it works.

Right, to be clear, the goal isn't to immune the whole thing. It's to give us extra time before needing to swap sides. We have 3 paladins in raid, so it's a decent bit of time if it works.

At least for spellwarding, he will simply target someone else with is casts regardless of aggro. I assume same would be for freedom if it checks by ability to apply the debuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."