Poll: What do you do regarding offensive/rude people in game?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    In the past (and when I mean past I mean everything before Cataclysm) I would definitely see people who got reported be punished. But in the last few years I've seen repeat offenders get away scot free no matter how many times I, or anyone else, reprt them. Gold/account spammers especially.

So at the end of the day, Blizzard leaves me no choice but to just ignore them until my list is full.

No point in reporting if they aren't being looked at.

I don't play like shit, so people have no reason to be rude to me.

Deleted
    it depends on his rudness and why.
    if he is mad cuz bad ill mostly reply in a sarcastic way

if he is rude cuz retarded
    ill answer in a sarcastic and rude way

those two options are the best.
    reporting them is just... well. to much work and i like to talk to idiots

Rarely. But every time I do bother to make that report, I'd like to think I'm doing what their lackwit parents never did and nudge little Timmy towards being a little more well-mannered in the future.

All of the above.

Hey, this is what I get for playing ret.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Do you report offensive/rude people or ignore them or other (please elaborate)?

Also if you do report, do you think action is taken against them?
    Depends on the context. Someone just being rude, to me or to others, I just ignore.

If they start doing things that impedes others from playing, then I will report. Corpse camping does not count on a PvP server however.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to only really report for overt racism / sexism / homophobia. Anything else and it's just people being a$$holes, not really worth it. I don't usually notice anymore as my discussions are limited to my chat tab with BN friends and gchats. I'm glad people are reporting when they see it though, we should be constantly trying to clean those people out.

Never.

I picked up a bad habit in mobas where I'd respond with "<3" or write something sarcastic (in the most polite way), it keeps them going mad and then it becomes amusing.

In wow during my raiding days I always acknowledged my lack of skill, but people were never rude towards me because of that, maybe because I was always optimistic, trying to help out and praising good play. All the rudeness came from elsewhere, which is actually worse. I understand someone fucks up and you're pissed, but I don't understand bumping into random people in the world where it's like they plan on being an asshole that day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adanyt View Post
    LOL, apparently you don't know how it works...

Say we have 100 people in the queue. 40 of them are dicks. Those 40 dicks take up space in the queue. That is 40 places that could've gone to nice players. If those 40 dicks are not part of the queue 40 of the nice people can take their place in the queue.

So yes, while the pool of players might be smaller, the queue times won't be affected as much as the nice players just will take the places the dicks would've occupied. Hell, if there are only mostly nice players in the queue, other players who don't take part in group making anymore might just come back because there aren't any toxic players ruining their experience.

Get it now, bud?
    I have degrees in mathematics and other materials you couldn't comprehend. You're forgetting the frequency of queues is directly correlated to the numbers of people queuing. If there are 8 million people queuing over the course of a week, queues are going to go faster. If however only 1 million people are queuing, there is more room for "dead time" or a time where not enough people are queuing over the course of a week. The amount of players is dirrectly correlated to how long your queue times are after "prime time" or Tuesday/Wednesday.

Get it now bud?

Depending on how aggressive/rude they are I will either report them or just shove them on ignore.

I remember doing a world quest and this guy just randomly started abusing me in whisper because he died from standing in stuff on the ground... apparently it was my fault because I am meant to track his health and heal him... as a dps...

It's sad that these measures have to be taken but unfortunately some people are just straight up disrespectful.

Usually ask why they are being rude for no reason and try to change how they behave, they usually ignore me after being rude or after when i ask them tho

Depending on the severity, I'm willing to report. Normally I just ignore people I don't care to listen to, however.

I only believe action is taken if there are numerous reports on a player in a given time span.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    I have degrees in mathematics and other materials you couldn't comprehend.
    Watch out, we have a badass over there!

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    You're forgetting the frequency of queues is directly correlated to the numbers of people queuing.
    The frequency of queues popping depends on many more factors than just sheer volume of people. One is instance server capacity, proven by the invasion scenarios that were 3-player role agnostic instances and when first invasions came, the queues weren't popping, even for 3-man premades, because the instance server was probably not able to launch any more copies of the scenario (only logical explanation why would you not get assigned an instance will a full valid premade).

Second, especially important with dungeons and LFR, is the role distribution. If you double the volume of people, but the amounts of tanks / healers / dps don't double in the same proportion, you might end up waiting longer rather than shorter. And since atm usually the queues are shortest as healers and longest as dps, and extrapolating from that League of Legends analysis I can make a fair assumption there are less assholes maining healers than dps, removing some assholes from the queue would improve the matchmaking ratios for everyone.

If I'm involved in a conversation with a person and they step over the line, I usually just tell them I reported them and put them on ignore.

If they just randomly start spewing "!@#$ you and your mother's a !@#$ing !@#$er" with w/e expletives or racial slurs you fancy filled in with no prompting from me, I'll usually report them.

Its one thing to lose your cool in an argument or w/e, its another thing to just be a random toxic psycho.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    People get offended by things said online not even to them? hmm... odd
    Outrage culture bruh. It's the newest fad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only report if they are horrible at the game as well
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Blizzard is famous for suiciding their intellectual property to just get one person from playing the game.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

I grew up on xbox live.

Honestly I think more people should of who played games.