Poll: What do you do regarding offensive/rude people in game?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Do you use the LFD tool?
    Tbh very rarely these days, have next to no reason to visit hc dungeons or lfr, but when I did, I don't see any positive influence from rude / obnoxious players, would be better off if they were filtered out for the sake of neutral / positive people.

Same thing when I played League of Legends, did I enjoy being flamed by random mongs who dive 1v5? Nope I'd rather have them chat banned or not see in my games altogether.

Shame no one did such research in WOW, but in LOL they actually did, a correlation between champion played and flaming in chat. The "big dick dps" or "1v1 me kid" types of champions had higher amount of toxic chat displayed than utility / group teamplay oriented champions.

If it was the same in WOW, well I guess filtering out toxic players would only improve the queue ratios rather than worsen it.

That smaller player base is gonna do you real good in your LFR queues bud.
    Did just fine in WOD, Longer que times means more I can do while I am in que
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Generally, I report harassment that I see, as well as threats and excessive name-calling. If it is worse than the normal level of bad stuff going on, I get several friends and acquaintances to report them as well.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Unless they're cheating or threatening actual physical harm I couldn't care less.

Then again I'm not one of those thin skinned snowflakes who get triggered by meaningless words on the internet so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That smaller player base is gonna do you real good in your LFR queues bud.
    It makes absolutely no difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right click report in WOW works only if multiple people will report same person, otherwise GMs doesnt view it and it probably does nothing. (Apart from making ticket for Ongoing Harrasment and submeting it to GM)

Also if some one getting reported alot over language he will not banned, he will get only silenced being unable chat from anyone apart from people who whisper her/him first and friends from Blizzard app.

As for reporting botters there is better way

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/submit/hacks.html

Keep in mind that report thing getting abused too, i.e. X person being rude and provoking Y person, Y person answers him something, most ppl in trade/lfg chat report Y person but dont report X person.
    Last edited by Luckx; 2017-05-26 at 03:30 AM.

I report them, but it seems to take ages before people get a slap on the wrist or suspended/rarely banned. Guy in general chat likes slinging racial slurs like it's the hot new thing and he's still there. Been doing it for months.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Imouto View Post
    You should do all of these. First of all, report them. Then call them out for being offensive, especially if they're being really blatantly racist or sexist, it helps if other people do it along with you, peer pressure is strong. Then ignore them.

The whole idea to just "ignore the troll" is stupid and does NOT work. That only works on children if you are their parent. It does not work on adults being terrible, ignoring them just tells them there is no consequences for their actions.

Here is a great article to read about why it does not work:
    https://the-orbit.net/almostdiamonds...s-bad-science/
    Depents on situation.

Sometimes people are really busy with real life stuff and have no extra time for fighting trolls, so they just ignore.

I only report people when I'm playing with my son and people harass or abuse him. Tends to happen when we play Heroes of the Storm more than any other online game. (Something about MOBA's that brings out the worst in people.) Kid's 10 years old and he has to learn sometime. Saying KYS to him, or calling him utter human trash because he's on an unfamiliar hero is unjustifiable.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Deleted
    Prety much depends how rude they are
    Things like noob kid etc etc i simply ignore
    But for religion sexual and other harrasment of that type i report
    About actions i have no idea what hapens to these ppl these days but back in Vanilla one of our guildies get 3 day rest from the game just because called other N on Bulgarian and someone report him to GM just to see what will gona hapen (we do not accdept that word for offensive but god helps to your mom sister and any female in your familly tree if you say to someone Gipsy )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    It makes absolutely no difference.
    Don't think you know how numbers and statistics work bud.

People get offended by things said online not even to them? hmm... odd

Sometimes I report, sometimes i ignore. Depends on an offense.
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Do you report offensive/rude people or ignore them or other (please elaborate)?

Also if you do report, do you think action is taken against them?
    If they are being a problem, I report them. Reporting them also puts them on ignore. And if they are really going out, I write a report instead. And yes, I've noticed that some have actions taken against them.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Report them, but nothing is ever being done. GMs in EU are lazy and incompetent.

I called some shitter a faggot on /w and got banned for 3 days, they definitely check the reports, at least as far as social justice is concerned (faggot, nigger, you know, the general "omg white cis male gtfo with ur oppression" kind of bullshit).

10+ Year Old Account
    Go ahead and report them. As a matter of fact I hope you report them over and over until they get banned, you're just making the playbase smaller and smaller then some of you will be making post complaining about how the playbase keeps shrinking.
    Rather have a shrinking playerbase than a bunch of dickheads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    People get offended by things said online not even to them? hmm... odd
    It's the principle. I report people being assholes towards others and I dont get offended or something, it's just the principle. Dont be a douche or you'll get reported.

Deleted
    I know action is taken against them since the system is automized, we saw it in Asmongold's video when he told 39 people in his raid to report him for saying he loves WoW. And yes, I do report them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think you know how numbers and statistics work bud.
    LOL, apparently you don't know how it works...

Say we have 100 people in the queue. 40 of them are dicks. Those 40 dicks take up space in the queue. That is 40 places that could've gone to nice players. If those 40 dicks are not part of the queue 40 of the nice people can take their place in the queue.

So yes, while the pool of players might be smaller, the queue times won't be affected as much as the nice players just will take the places the dicks would've occupied. Hell, if there are only mostly nice players in the queue, other players who don't take part in group making anymore might just come back because there aren't any toxic players ruining their experience.

Get it now, bud?

10+ Year Old Account
    i /ignore them. No more posts, if i remember correct you will not even be grouped with that person in random queues if he is in your ignore list. Bliss.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.