Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    If they remove raids and challenge then people won't have incentive to return and you'll be left with an Expansion with less stuff to do
    Unless you actually did it while it was current and challenging. If you skip over an expansion that's on you; these skins are a one-off thing, they don't really offer re-playability unless you want to go full alter-mode on them.

You still have a shit ton of gear to collect if that's what tickles your fancy.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the hunter weapon skins so I don't care but I really love the warlock ones.

Deleted
    blizzard is constantly making mistakes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    And then there are threads about how some game designers think "exclusive" rewards are good.

I don't think I have a clear cut answer here. I think unlocking the BASE appearance should be a legion thing (like the mage tower challenge), but the re-colours could stay. What does it matter if I kill 1000 guys now or later...

Well..other than that Blizzard also removes the weapons :P

But hey..you guys could always bring it up on THEIR forum to get heard more clearly?
    Blizzard doesn't read EU forums

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Then there's the age old art of bitching about other people "bitching". I mean...really....FFS.

What it boils down to is that there are legitimate complaints based on actual problems(potential or otherwise). And then there are just people QQing just to be heard. In this case I think this subject falls into a legitimate complaints. Turning off Artifact skins, and the enjoyment of hunting/farming for them, is a mistake.
    Valid opinion like the rest of them. But pretty baseless. Which is where it tip toes into bitching.

The incentive to solo raids.... This game has touched the bottom.
    Last edited by Sencha; 2017-05-26 at 10:36 PM.

As long as my BrM keeps the cool looking stance I'm fine with anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You think nobody on US had the same idea evah?
    I didn't say that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    The incentive to solo raids.... This game is touched the bottom.
    It's a popular WoW activity

Deleted
    This game is touched the bottom.
    Naughty naughty game!

Deleted
    I personally don't mind that I wouldn't get the chance to get them once the next xpac rolls round.

I am about to get the Nighthold Power questline ones (I am slow on that to be fair), and I just got the challenge tower one for my holy paladin.

I have completely written off the pvp ones - I just don't like pvp all that much.

Having said all of this, what did people say when they locked the challenge mode ones? Admittedly they look bad ass as hell, but I am not angry I don't have them - I simply was not around for that kind of content.

Apologies if that was asked, im on my phone at work!

The incentive to solo raids.... This game is touched the bottom.
    if you didnt notice - which happens - they already did put incentive in the raids for people solowing them

raid pets

its not accident those were put in when they realised how popular solowing stuff is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    if you didnt notice - which happens - they already did put incentive in the raids for people solowing them

raid pets

its not accident those were put in when they realised how popular solowing stuff is.
    Not to mention the new mog set feature

I don't think it will significantly decrease anything, the incentive is already there! also who cares if you don't get it now.. like if you can't clear normal what are you doing with your life??

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care all that much about the appearances of the artifact weapons, there are plenty of normal weapons that will fit transmogs I want to make.
    Now what I do care about, is the guardian/feral druid artifact appearances, because they alter the look of your bear/cat.

Might even resub soon, level my druid and start gathering them.

Then again, I think they should keep the appearances obtainable within the game after Legion. I hated it when they removed the Naxx achievement dragons, I hated it when they removed the MoP legendaries (how does one even get to the boss on the Timeless Isle, btw?) and hated it when they removed the legendary ring from WoD (even though I have it on several characters). And I especially hated it when I missed the Core Hound mount from the pre-WoD event because I was on a break. Same thing with the Black AQ mount, the titles from Burning Crusade, challenge mode armors,...

I can however, understand that they change guaranteed mythic mount drops from last expansion to 1% drops, as long as they are still obtainable in game.

In my opinion, if you want to be all like "look at me I was playing back then", then just show off the date on your achievements or something.
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

Quote Originally Posted by Umbaka View Post
    I don't think it will significantly decrease anything, the incentive is already there! also who cares if you don't get it now.. like if you can't clear normal what are you doing with your life??
    actually having one ? instead finding sense of self acomplisment from having few more pixels then somebody else ?

removing anything from game is stupid idea - and i say it from position of someone who will farm up every basic model besides pvp ones before legion ends betting on that they will let you farm up other ones if you have basic but still i think its utterly stupid to remove them ,

You know about all this "effort" and stuff people talk about? Well they're real; and getting for example the challenge mode appearance after the Legion just nullifies all that effort people put into getting them.
    That's just an example, many other appearances require some sort of effort. Think of it as mythic only bosses' mounts and how their drop chance goes down to less than 1% after their expansions.
    And more on topic: No, look at glory of naxx 10 and 25's mounts, they're unobtainable now and are pretty rare which makes them much more worthy and prestigious than let's say Bronze Drake which literally everyone who've ever logged on wow already has.
    Last edited by Ashkiman; 2017-05-26 at 01:14 PM.

I think the challenge appearance should be exempt, like the challenge mode sets from pandaria, allowing people to smash them with ease at level 120 or whatever will nullify the prestige of them. Though over time when stronger gear is obtained they will be easy. Every other appearance should be available post legion but should still require you to do the same quests and such.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I understand why they would remove them. It gives incentive to play the current expansion.

no need at all to keep them. Artifact weapons are going away and you can't transmog to the appearances. Its just a waste of time trying to get them after legion. Might aswell remove them from game. It deosnt matter one bit.

Deleted
    first thing what came to my mind, after reading topic title - "many many many mistakes"