Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Actions have been taken
    Oh? do tell! Because around here you cannot even say the problem might possibly of an Islamic nature. You're a xenophobe dumb trailerpark racist bastard if you somehow link Islamic Extremism with islam.

unless you believe the solution is to either ban a religion
    tbh, I'd like to ban all religion from the public eye. People should leave their fantasy book at home.

Or round everyone up and put them in camps,
    I'm pretty sure that'd go against quite a few of the geneva convention's human rights. And would just be ineffective and stupid.

refuse any and all refugees
    Refuse is a broad term, well funded local shelter to lessen cultural issues and to promote resettling and rebuilding after the conflict.

Beyond that what can be done is breaking ties with certain nations that export and finance the root of this problematic branch of Islam but that means also cutting in our own flesh as those are economic interests that will be felt. There seems to be some more political support for this but i always tend to fade out before it gets turned into anything concrete.
    We're doing it with russia; did it with iran and cuba for the longest time. The problem of the insurgency conflicts however is that unlike traditional wars these enemies dont dress in uniforms orwave flags but hide among the populace (which they gladly use as cannonfodder)

From the goverment side you can empower people within islamic communities that allow for change. You can,as a goverment, say clean up your communities to muslims; who oftentimes now say 'this has nothing to do with us', which imo is simply unacceptable at this point. And probably a whole lot of other things people better read up on the subject than I can come up with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    So we can agree there are more muslim extremists than there are christian extremists, but that still doesn't mean we should be alright with either type of extremism.

Also, unless you're suddenly forgetting history, Christians have spent the last two thousand years terrorizing the world, especially in horrific acts like the crusades and the spanish inquisition. There is a reason there are 2.2 billion Christians in the world and that reason is conquest.
    What are you trying to say? Religious people from the west were idiots before so it's alright to let them catch up? This must be the most patronisingly stupid thing I read in these discussions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    Oh? do tell! Because around here you cannot even say the problem might possibly of an Islamic nature. You're a xenophobe dumb trailerpark racist bastard if you somehow link Islamic Extremism with islam.

tbh, I'd like to ban all religion from the public eye. People should leave their fantasy book at home.

I'm pretty sure that'd go against quite a few of the geneva convention's human rights. And would just be ineffective and stupid.

Refuse is a broad term, well funded local shelter to lessen cultural issues and to promote resettling and rebuilding after the conflict.

We're doing it with russia; did it with iran and cuba for the longest time. The problem of the insurgency conflicts however is that unlike traditional wars these enemies dont dress in uniforms orwave flags but hide among the populace (which they gladly use as cannonfodder)

From the goverment side you can empower people within islamic communities that allow for change. You can,as a goverment, say clean up your communities to muslims; who oftentimes now say 'this has nothing to do with us', which imo is simply unacceptable at this point. And probably a whole lot of other things people better read up on the subject than I can come up with.
    Belgium is refusing certain Imam's from coming here, putting pressure on muslim executives among other things, closing down illegal prayer houses. This is a process that will take time since it has been left unchecked for decades so it won't. That's nonsense it is constantly tied to islam, the problem is when you have people like Wilders trying to control that type of debate you dumb it down to his level of extremes. It is why i often say that type of Far right is the worst enemy of the right regarding these type of debates.

Also there are plenty of people working day and night to prevent terrorist attacks and dismantle these groups here before they can do harm, so to say nothing is being done is a bit dishonest. Not sure about you but i personally wouldn't find it a good idea to broadcast every possible attacked they prevented.

Religion won't be banned as long we are a democratic society.

I see those communities condemning it plenty, what they do say and correctly so is that they are not part of their religion as in they do no represent them, this is also correct if you know generally that whabbism/salafism isn't the form of islam practiced in the West, i also don't find the general populace to be the problem but those who steer Islam in a certain direction in the west are. Which is why the money streams from SA among others to pay, school Imam's and others have to stop.

The other side of the coin is the people to be recruited to do these attacks generally are drug addicts, criminals, anything but good citizens never mind the religion they claim to practice, so those are often recruited by people who don't belong to your general population either as they are extremist and generally have their own little prayer houses, so while there are plenty of issues in official mosques the actual indoctrination of those extreme believes isn't one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    So we can agree there are more muslim extremists than there are christian extremists, but that still doesn't mean we should be alright with either type of extremism.

Also, unless you're suddenly forgetting history, Christians have spent the last two thousand years terrorizing the world, especially in horrific acts like the crusades and the spanish inquisition. There is a reason there are 2.2 billion Christians in the world and that reason is conquest.
    Why do people CONSTANTLY rationalize modern terrorism with "But the Crusades!"? Especially since the Crusades were a few invasion to one particular area over a 200 year period when the Islamic Caliphates literally invaded Europe at a constant rate for upwards of a millennia...

Are you not aware of Muslim conquests? At one point the Caliphates controlled the entire Iberian Peninsula (Spain and Portugal) and later invaded central Europe through the Balkans (which they subjugated for centuries), and made it as far as Vienna, Austria (so pretty damn deep into Europe).

You act like the Crusades were some genocidal conquest to destroy all of Islam when they just wanted to capture the Holy Land, literally never going beyond their Crusader States. While conversely, the Islamic Caliphates LITERALLY wanted to conquer all of Europe (and all of the world). And partook in HUNDREDS of conquests to that end... The Byzantine Empire, the Visigoths, the Bulgarian Empire, the Serbian Empire, the Kingdom of Croatia, the Kingdom of Bosnia, the League of Lehze... Ever heard of these places? They are all states in Europe that were conquered and destroyed by the Caliphates and later Ottoman Empire (all I can think of off the top of my head, that is)... And those are just the ones destroyed...

The Tsardom of Russia, The Kingdom of Hungary, the Italian City States, The Holy Roman Empire, the Spanish Empire (after the Reconquista took Iberia back from the Caliphates), Poland, Lithuania etc., were basically in a perpetual state of war fighting off Ottoman Invasions for over 200 years after the Fall of Constantinople...

---
    None of the above is meant disparagingly toward Islam, all of our history is war and conquest. It is simply to point out how retarded it is to berate Christianity for the Crusades (and even more retarded to use it as justification for modern acts of violence) while ignoring the fact that Islamic Caliphates had been invading Europe for 300 years before the Crusades and for another 500+ years after the Crusades.

The last 2,00 years terrorizing the world? You mean they spent the last 2,000 years creating the best society in the world: the west. Also, being progenitors of the most advanced industry, philosophy, science, tech, medicine, etc.

Furthermore, Europe's former nationalistic/imperialistic tendencies weren't exactly a Christian doctrine or necessarily even religious...how would you explain the explosion of Christianity in secular China these days if it is inherently spread by the sword? Yep, Christianity is pretty horrid, with it's basic message of loving others...how terrible ! the Chinese are attracted to such violent teachings...like...loving others...and taking care of the poor and sick...
    Last edited by Thresh1; 2017-05-28 at 01:53 PM.
    Humans are instrinsically valuable by virtue of the kind of thing that we are, a human. We are not valuable because of our size, our stage of development, our degree of dependency, our location, or a function we can immediately perform.

Deleted
    Must suck to live in a Muslim country for Christians. Seems the same all around the globe + they also make life hard on Buddhists in Asia.