Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    According to Krazy, people that can't handle a joke are just triggered babies. I wonder why so many people are triggered.

Deleted
    Dark humor, like children with cancer, never gets old.
    That said, some settings and contexts are not appropriate. That was one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I dare ask what blame...
    possibilities:
    -this leaves a paper trail such as being in the news. 10 years from now an employer googles your name, a article mentioning the word terrorist pops up. better hope they read it carefully and not discard your application right away.
    -enough keywords in there that a automated surveillance system might tag you incorrectly, which realistically could lead to inconveniences at airports and the like.
    -it catches on as a nickname/bullying thing.

sure it's a joke but honestly terrorism is something you shouldn't joke about in this way in todays society. cops can show up on your door if you google a certain combination of things, imagine what "teacher thinks girl might become terrorist" can do.

Oh boy...don't read the comments. "This is bullying! Fire her and more! That poor child is broken from this!" wah wah wah, so tired of the smallest things being "bullying"...Or the one saying teachers know what they see, that's just as bad lol

Is it a poor joke, yes. But if the teacher hasn't ever had a disciplinary action before, then learn from it and move on. Just give some type of disciplinary action, but don't fire the woman for 1 offense, UNLESS it's been a repeat.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't even consider this a joke. I'm all for not being overly offended but this is one joke where it just isn't funny.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

That's not really funny and pretty careless on those teachers' parts. Honestly I worry for our next generation if mongoloids like these are in charge of education.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I wouldn't even consider this a joke. I'm all for not being overly offended but this is one joke where it just isn't funny.
    Except we don't know the full context. I had a teacher in high school that if he gave out awards like this, we all would have thought nothing of it and laughed and moved on with our day. We know they gave an award, mom got mad, teachers got in trouble.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Deleted
    I just can't get over the fact that she wasn't even born when 9/11 happened.

Deleted
    Anyone else more interested in the teacher biting the special needs student?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Thats not even the slightest bit funny, I hope she gets more than just fired as an adult in her position.
    I found em. Found the person with no sense of humor. Right here ^.

To all the people excusing this with "It's just banter" - THESE ARE CHILDREN, THEY ARE NOT FRIENDS OF THE TEACHERS!!

Banter is something you have between a group of friends, and in that context I'd laugh my arse off if I got an award like this. It would be hilarious!

In this context though, I find it really quite distasteful.

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    Anyone else more interested in the teacher biting the special needs student?
    It's not that exciting, but it's only a click or two away if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No, this isn't funny in any context. Especially in a state like Texas where the singled out child will likely be bullied by their peers. These pieces of shit should never be allowed to have contact with children again, even their own.
    Nah they'll be fine. If anything this child will be bullying others. The child is most likely to become a terrorist after all...

Some of the best teachers I ever had were the sort who weren't afraid to crack jokes and tease their students. They didn't do it maliciously - they simply wanted to engage their students and ensure that the classroom's atmosphere lightened up every now and then, especially after heavy periods of intense studying for exams. I feel like there's a major disconnect between the public and private school systems, though. I went to the latter and it seems that issues related to political correctness and statements/acts being taken out of context are almost always linked to public schools. I'd be curious to know if that is the case here or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The blame for an inability to behave with an appropriate amount of professionalism and good sense when acting in a professional capacity.

I mean, I know you're going to be upset by the suggestion that anyone should have a reasonable understanding that there are limits on acceptable behavior in any given context, but it's a completely reasonable expectation nonetheless and has been for the entirety of our species' existence.
    It is a grade school... I don't think I would enjoy being a kid in todays word. It seems like you are not allowed to have any fun if everything has to be serious 24/7.

I can get finding it in poor taste but come on no one is really outraged by this.

In another news, serious atrocities are being ignored while we hear all about people's inability to take a joke.

It's not PC to feel this joke is in poor taste/isn't funny. In the best case scenario all parties involved know it's a joke and find it funny, and will forget about it tomorrow, but that doesn't magically make it something that should be replicated.

There are too many potential long-term effects from this to just call it a joke and get offended when people find it offensive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    In another news, serious atrocities are being ignored while we hear all about people's inability to take a joke.
    Aye, atrocities like, say, terrorism, which some people are treating as a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    That's not really funny and pretty careless on those teachers' parts. Honestly I worry for our next generation if mongoloids like these are in charge of education.
    A single joke which could be considered in poor taste with no other knowledge of the teacher... and they're a mongoloid? My you're quick to judge. You would probably be really good at making up these awards with that swift thoughtless judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    To all the people excusing this with "It's just banter" - THESE ARE CHILDREN, THEY ARE NOT FRIENDS OF THE TEACHERS!!

Banter is something you have between a group of friends, and in that context I'd laugh my arse off if I got an award like this. It would be hilarious!

In this context though, I find it really quite distasteful.
    Whatever school you went to must have been quite dull. It's perfectly acceptable for a teacher to engage in banter with their students.

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    A single joke which could be considered in poor taste with no other knowledge of the teacher... and they're a mongoloid? My you're quick to judge. You would probably be really good at making up these awards with that swift thoughtless judgement.
    The irony is you've hypocritically countered the point you're trying to make by doing the same thing I did and making a comment about me from my comment.