Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    We did pew pew pew

Boss encounters look different to the lore description for game play reasons. The fight had to be fun for us so we got to ride drakes once he took the platform out. But it could be viewed - at that moment the Red dragonflight arrived in full force and took over the battle, killing him.

There is always time and resource restraints as well. An epic quest-line where we re divert the nexus magic energy into the Eye of eternity smashing Malygoys out of the Eye into Coldarra where we face off against him severely injured, with the finishing blow dropping the destabilised Oculus ring on him.
    In my opinion would have been how i would have liked to see the story play out but i doubt Blizz could have manged that at the time of Wrath.

Or, maybe, despite his bold claims, Malygos didn't actually have control over the magic he gathered in the Nexus. Same way like making stockpile of bombs in your basement doesn't give you the power of all those bombs combined.

Deleted
    It's possibly partly to do with every person in wow being like "oh hey random guy can you help kill this world ending threat?"

"Oh you took down Illidan and Arthas? I had not heard of you...."

If it was seen as you and your adventuring heroes/raid group who were heroes of power in the way of Jaina/Varian/Broxxiloxxy etc then it makes more sense that the feats we accomplish are possible in fitting with lore power levels of well known characters.

So the main protagonists + the 10-25-40 strongest heroes in the world + maybe some dragons or old glory stealing whine bag taking down the threat seems more reasonable.

However this can't really be written into stories as if you were known everywhere you went for saving the world nothing would be explained; you'd be sat in Dalaran with the other mages listening to Khadgar cry coming up with war plans.