Current State of AP/Lego Grinding

What's your opinion of the current ap/lego grind?

Personally,

AP: Seems like its the best its been all expansion. Hit concordance, and it feels like you're done. Might be able to get a few paragon traits, but AK does run out at 40 now so you're taking over a month a point eventually.

Legos: Still can take awhile to get your desired BiS legos if you're starting late in the xpac, but if you cap out the 50 portals per day that the nether disruptor is up, and do all the broken shore dailies, it seems you get a lego every ~4-14 days in 7.2. Originally it wasn't going to be that lucrative but they buffed the portal drop rate up to 15-20 supplies

That's just my take. Do you think the game is in a good place grindwise? What changes would you make, if any?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If all of these systems were in place from the start, in addition to the current legendary balance (numbers wise) it would be a great place. For mains.

AP isn't bad for alts, but legendary items feel like shit for alts.

Not only did they push 'immersion' in the sense of making you feel locked into one character, but they also pushed this expansion too far into making you feel too locked into your specialization. AP, legendary items and relics in your weapon are all systems that make changing from say an arcane mage to a fire mage a fucking nightmare.

AP seems like it's in a relatively decent place so far. Not super great for alts/offspecs, but not too bad anymore either.

Legendaries, on the other hand, still feel awful on new characters. The system is definitely more generous than it was, but it could still take months of very active play to get the "good" legendaries for a single spec. Offspecs only add to that problem. They either need to get even more generous with the droprate, or allow a real legendary targeting system. Relinquished tokens are entirely too unreliable.

My example: I Started a new main in the 7.2 patch (hit max level on it shortly after patch). I've been playing very actively doing raids, dungeons, emissaries, and legionfall caches. I'm up to 4 legendaries, none of which are my top 2. This is with buying 40+ relinquished tokens trying to target my best one. Doesn't feel great.
    Last edited by Scrotch; 2017-05-26 at 11:54 PM. Reason: paragraph spacing

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    If all of these systems were in place from the start, in addition to the current legendary balance (numbers wise) it would be a great place. For mains.

AP isn't bad for alts, but legendary items feel like shit for alts.

Not only did they push 'immersion' in the sense of making you feel locked into one character, but they also pushed this expansion too far into making you feel too locked into your specialization. AP, legendary items and relics in your weapon are all systems that make changing from say an arcane mage to a fire mage a fucking nightmare.
    Pretty much this. It has gotten better over time(especially for mains), but switching character is still a nightmare compared to previous expansions.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

AP is fine, legendaries aren't. My alts are very close to 52 with very little investment, but they'll be far behind through time-gated RNG until I end up getting lucky.

I think AP is great as it is right now. Once you get concordance there is really not much you have to grind out after that unless you really want more paragon levels to it. Alts are also not that bad when it comes to getting traits - although not the best, it's still not bad.