Budget build for gaming

Hey guys,

I'm trying to complete a budget build for gaming, mostly WoW, but not exclusively. I want good value for the money and I don't need anything fancy.

We are buying used video card, mobo, cpu and ram from a friend for half price, and want to fill the build with missing parts.

Here's what I picked so far, wondering if it's good or if I should replace anything. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XJYMQV

I picked mostly the puppy parts from mmoc build of the month, but had to change Psu due to availability in shops (it's almost the same price anyway) and the monitor for the same reason. I also want an ssd so picked the one from narwhal build.

I have a keyboard, mouse and headset, so don't need to buy those.

Budget - paid 175 gbp for gpu, cpu, mobo, ram. My parts cost 1850 pln, so 500 usd. So im looking at more or less this price range.
    Resolution - 1080p
    Games / Settings Desired - Mostly wow, but interested in other titles too, at whichever settings and playable fps. More concerned about getting the best value for the budget, than paying extra for more fps.
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc) - I guess a catproof build would be a plus, I don't want my cat Khadgar to break it or chew on the cables.
    Country - Poland
    Parts that can be reused - as above, gpu, cpu, mobo and ram
    Do you need an OS? Need windows but i can handle that.
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? - need a monitor

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments. If the build is just fine please let me know too.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can save money by buying your OS from a 3rd party seller such as Kinguin. Pay the extra dollar to get the buyers protection and you'll save like 50 bucks.

The GPU is getting a little long in the tooth but will be more than enough to provide an enjoyable experience in wow and other games as long as you're not trying to ultra settings them. For the price you paid for the CPU / GPU / Mobo / Ram you're not going to do any better.

I would look for an EVGA / Seasonic / Superflower / be quiet! power supply over the Corsair. Not saying the Corsair is junk but the ones I listed are top tier.
    Other than that you list looks fine. Enjoy your new computer!
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

The build seems fine.

So basically 350$ for the rest?

I would do as @ovm33 suggested, buy W10 from a site like Kinguin, they go for like 20-25$ + buyers protection = you save 60$.

I would use some of the 60$ for a better PSU.

The 650W is overkill, you would be fine with a 450W but for safety etc lets go with a good 550W one., spend some money on there go for a 80+ Gold for example, Superflower/Seasonic/XFX/Be Quiet

Let me clarify, are you ordering from the US or buying locally?

As other above pointed out: get W10 on Kingston (make sure to include Buyer protection) and change the PSU, it's a bad buy. Also what's with the 23 inch 1080p 60Hz monitor for $160? That seems over the top.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Actually I realized that EVGA 600B just has a different model name in EU than US (100-B1-0600-K2 vs 100-B1-0600-KR), so I could buy that, because I managed to find it in polish shops under the EU model name.

EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 seems interesting too, and not much more expensive, so maybe I'll go for that. I guess since it's more efficient I would save the few extra dollars on energy bills anyway. It has a much longer warranty too, so I'm considering buying this one instead.

As for the Windows from kinguin - isn't it basically a stolen key and not exactly legit? And isn't an OEM license supposed to be sold only together with hardware?

To clarify the budget: paid 175 gbp for cpu/gpu/mobo/ram. Picked parts for 1850 pln (500 usd) and would like to stick around this price, since it seems like good value and I don't wanna break the bank, especially since I'm planning to build another pc soon (I need two). OS not included in calculations, I'm prepared to pay 340 pln (90 usd) for it.

I'm buying locally in Poland. The parts for 175gbp were bought in UK.

For the monitor I wanted IPS, 22"+, 1080p, 60Hz, and this was the best value one I found. The ones from build of the month are not available in Poland.

Quote Originally Posted by Atuad View Post
    Actually I realized that EVGA 600B just has a different model name in EU than US (100-B1-0600-K2 vs 100-B1-0600-KR), so I could buy that, because I managed to find it in polish shops under the EU model name.

EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 seems interesting too, and not much more expensive, so maybe I'll go for that. I guess since it's more efficient I would save the few extra dollars on energy bills anyway. It has a much longer warranty too, so I'm considering buying this one instead.
    Not really, no, on the savings. The difference in efficiency between a Bronze rated PSU and a Platinum PSU is single-digit percentages. You'd maybe save 5 bucks over the entire life of the computer.

As for the Windows from kinguin - isn't it basically a stolen key and not exactly legit? And isn't an OEM license supposed to be sold only together with hardware?
    OEM just means they dont support you. If you have an issue and call MS, theyll tell you to call your OEM. Which, in this case.... is you. And, it depends on the key. Most of the ones on Kinguin are actually coming from currency manipulation (buying cheap Russian keys and reselling them for dollars). Paul at Paul's hardware did a video on using Kinguin (always pay the 1 or 2$ for protection - if you DO get a bunk key, theyll keep sending you new ones until you get one that works), and theyre usually legit - just bought/resold in different markets or resold student keys that people got for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Atuad View Post
    To clarify the budget: paid 175 gbp for cpu/gpu/mobo/ram. Picked parts for 1850 pln (500 usd) and would like to stick around this price, since it seems like good value and I don't wanna break the bank, especially since I'm planning to build another pc soon (I need two). OS not included in calculations, I'm prepared to pay 340 pln (90 usd) for it.

I'm buying locally in Poland. The parts for 175gbp were bought in UK.

For the monitor I wanted IPS, 22"+, 1080p, 60Hz, and this was the best value one I found. The ones from build of the month are not available in Poland.
    Ok fair enough, just link the sites of the vendors you're ordering from. We might not be able to order but pretty sure we can understand what's in stock using Google Translate and the fact that most names are in English anyway. Some stuff can actually be cheaper than it is in the US (for example there is a bunch of german hardware companies).
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

I usually use https://www.ceneo.pl/. It compares offers from multiple shops. I discard the shops that have bad reviews or not enough reviews.

I might go for the Kinguin Windows, it still seems sketchy but I can try it. But anyway windows is on a separate budget, so still looking at the same parts.

I also updated the part picker with polish prices in usd + what is already purchased and swapped the psu. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/839j9W

PSU, SSD, HDD, Monitor. Best option might be ordering from Germany, but I'm not sure how the taxes work for you. If you can pay taxes only once it's gonna be cheaper for sure.