Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhenan View Post
    What about the high fat content in the burgers and cheese and bacon and whatever junk gets slammed in them?
    Fat is healthy and neccessary, depending on which type of fat you have. A couple of burgers per week, depending on your size, could be very healthy if it is good meat.

People saying hamburger is junk food have never eaten a fine burger. That's why they outright say "Mc Donalds yada yada...". Local restaurants make really awesome burgers all around the world. Even in your home, if you pick the right bread and fine tune the amount of fat and fat type, hamburger can be really healthy and taste relatively good.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2017-05-27 at 11:40 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhenan View Post
    What about the high fat content in the burgers and cheese and bacon and whatever junk gets slammed in them?
    Eating fat isn't what causes people to be overweight. Being overweight is caused by excess carbohydrates. People need to be eating more protein and fat, not less. The "fat is bad" thing is a myth. This myth has been repeated so often that people believe it without question now, despite it having NO basis in fact and having been disproven many times. But it was pounded into people's heads as children for decades (even my parents did this) "fat is bad, it'll make you have heart attacks!". There is nothing at all wrong with fat/cholestrol. It started out as a lie perpetuated by the cereal companies because they wanted to make money. There is ZERO truth to this, and in fact the low fat/high carb diet perpetuated by these companies is the cause of the obesity epidemic and many health problems in the US. Don't forget, these same people tried to say EGGS were bad, when they are in fact one of the best things you can eat. I know people that have been eating a dozen or more eggs per day for decades without any problems.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2017-05-27 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Eating fat isn't what causes people to be overweight. Being overweight is caused by excess carbohydrates. People need to be eating more protein and fat, not less. The "fat is bad" thing is a myth started by cereal companies because they want people to buy their garbage instead of the more traditional bacon and eggs that used to be popular for breakfast.
    My cousin has a degree in nutrition. She suggest a balanced diet, including carbohydrates. Eating fine bread so long as it is in moderation is suggested.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    My cousin has a degree in nutrition. She suggest a balanced diet, including carbohydrates. Eating fine bread so long as it is in moderation is suggested.
    Right, I'm not saying everyone should go to a ketogenic diet (although that is possible for some people). I'm not saying people need to drop carbohydrates completely. But most people need to severely drop their carbohydrate intake and up their fat/protein intake. Basically ignore everything the "food pyramid" says, because it's based on corporate profits and not "healthy eating". (Fun fact: the food pyramid is actually upside down.)

didn't hear about it until now, but i'll be doing what i do most days, and that's nothing.

Moderation is the word when it comes to diet if you do not have a specific health condition, like diabetes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    Fat is healthy and neccessary, depending on which type of fat you have. A couple of burgers per week, depending on your size, could be very healthy if it is good meat.
    Not all fats are healthy. An avocado is much healthier compared to butter. There are little to no health benefits of deep fried foods.
    What's healthy according to you when it comes to a burger?

With red meat having heme iron, which had a direct correlation to cancer, would make it seem that it isn't all that healthy.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21209396
    If you eat a recommended amount of red meat weekly/daily it'll probably not affect you. I'm not sure if a couple of burgers would be "healthy" It might be alright if you don't eat other sources of red meat aside from the burgers. And people probably do.

Then we're still not talking about the cholesterol in red meat. So where exactly is the health benefit?
    The only thing I can think of is protein, but then you might as well eat chicken of fish if you care about the health aspect.
    If you want to eat a burger or enjoy a steak, claiming that it's healthy seems absurd in my eyes.

The daily recommendation seems to be 90 grams a day, so if your burger weighs about that in its meat content alone, it's fine to eat, in terms of it not harming your health. Two burgers would be going over that.

Ninety grams is the equivalent of about three thin-cut slices of roast beef, lamb or pork, where each slice is about the size of half a piece of sliced bread.
    It is recommended that you cut down to 70g, as this could help reduce your risk of bowel cancer.
    So according to science, you're wrong.
    http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Pages/red-meat.aspx

Again, this is only in terms of health, if you don't care and want to eat two burgers or a dozen, then that's your choice!
    Last edited by mmoc0f15686ca4; 2017-05-27 at 12:25 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hamburger is quite close to being the perfect food when it comes to healthy and balanced diet.

What makes "eating hamburgers and fast food" unhealthy is all the deep fried shit, especially fries, drinking sugary drinks and the desserts.

So the supplements are unhealthy and making people fat, but hamburgers are great.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    What makes "eating hamburgers and fast food" unhealthy is all the deep fried shit, especially fries, drinking sugary drinks and the desserts.
    Yeah, people eat a hamburger with a full plate of fries, and then drink a bucket of Coke, then eat a cheesecake and then complain hamburgers are making them fat. Fucking retards lol

I love how marketing teams pull these 'days' out of there ass every other day to convince you to buy shit.

"Well it's humanburger day, everyone will be eating hamburgers so you should do! BUY OUR STUFF!"

Don't forget to buy Muffins for Muffin Day tomorrow!

[QUOTE=Huntermyth;45891728]so, diabetic and obese murricans invented a day to celebrate their oh

There is a lot of lettuce, onions, and tomatoes on that burger in the picture. Those are vegetables right? Heh heh

Quote Originally Posted by Feardotdead View Post
    I love how marketing teams pull these 'days' out of there ass every other day to convince you to buy shit.

"Well it's humanburger day, everyone will be eating hamburgers so you should do! BUY OUR STUFF!"

Don't forget to buy Muffins for Muffin Day tomorrow!
    Yep, we call them Hallmark Holidays.

Gotta love how even a Hallmark Holiday thread can turn into an American bashing thread. I should make an Internet "law" on this.

Interestingly that is 1 day before America's national hamburger day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Interestingly that is 1 day before America's national hamburger day.
    No it's not. It's the same day. 28th of May.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like hamburgers but I don't plan to eat one Sunday. Did not eat one in months (and years from a fast-food joint).

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Eating fat isn't what causes people to be overweight. Being overweight is caused by excess carbohydrates. People need to be eating more protein and fat, not less. The "fat is bad" thing is a myth. This myth has been repeated so often that people believe it without question now, despite it having NO basis in fact and having been disproven many times. But it was pounded into people's heads as children for decades (even my parents did this) "fat is bad, it'll make you have heart attacks!". There is nothing at all wrong with fat/cholestrol. It started out as a lie perpetuated by the cereal companies because they wanted to make money. There is ZERO truth to this, and in fact the low fat/high carb diet perpetuated by these companies is the cause of the obesity epidemic and many health problems in the US. Don't forget, these same people tried to say EGGS were bad, when they are in fact one of the best things you can eat. I know people that have been eating a dozen or more eggs per day for decades without any problems.
    There is actually a school of thought that blames this "good fats" shaming as the cause of this diabetes outbreak. The good fats we are supposed to eat help our cells 'turn on' the glucose processing that goes on in our cells. Cutting these good fats out, and normally replacing them with carbs tells our cells to turn off the glucose processing causing the glucose to hang out in our cells.. and cause diabetes.

This is from the franchise 5-Guys, it wins a lot of awards, you can pick your toppings.

In And Out Burger, the fries are very good and they have those little paper cups of ketchup for dipping.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

No it's not. It's the same day. 28th of May.
    Sorry, guess that was a bad "American" joke.

Deleted
    Bread+meat+salad+cheese+some dressing

It isn't unhealthy.

If you take a big mac hamburger and cut it to pieces with fork and knife...... you can call it caesar salad after that.
    Thing is, burgers sold in fast food don't contain those ingredients. Their "meat" contains very little actual meat. In Estonia I often see obese beyond any reason Finns near McDonalds... that might give you a clue on what's wrong with those people.

Good burger is fine. I make them myself sometimes. Fast food shit isn't.