Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    These two statements seem to contradict - what are you getting at overall? Legalize or not?
    I was against it but I have seen the light thanks to Amnaught, if it lets worthless addicts off themselves, I am for it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    When drug users are ODing and clogging up emergency services they fuck with everyone's life.
    Um....prescription drug overdoses kill more people than meth and heroine combined already. Anyone who doesn't live in a basement here in the US can already get their hands on just about every drug there is. The only thing keeping it illegal does is prop up the prison industrial complex and put poorer people in jail for trying to live like richer people.

Glad I am not some loser who needs to be on drugs to enjoy life wishing my shit habit was legal.
    Jokes on you. Your body already produces potent drugs that your body uses regularly.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was against it but I have seen the light thanks to Amnaught, if it lets worthless addicts off themselves, I am for it.
    I can't tell if you're being serious. We usually disagree, vehemently on politics, but on social stuff we've had good conversations. I'm not looking for any "gotcha's" here, I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgar View Post
    to make money off of incarceration in private prisons, and also because it would be really awkward if the cia just started selling coke straight to consumers in america, instead of using a cartel as a go between.
    private prisons are hardly the problem

do you understand how many state workers work at state non private prisons.

in my state its the largest union with thousands of workers.

throw in how many people are employed because of the prison system in each state. judges, police, Lawyers, Prison employees, Probation, Parole, Etc etc etc

you can easly get 6-8k workers in even the smallest states.

they are mostly union, getting insane benefits and have great political power.

- - - Updated - - -

Why? So more people can OD and clog up our hospitals even more? Thank God our mayor is slightly smarter than you.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, lets make bad drugs illegal and cheap, let Darwinism thin the herd out, I am on board.

Ya we can just ignore those countries and studies that show this never happens....

Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    Um....prescription drug overdoses kill more people than meth and heroine combined already. Anyone who doesn't live in a basement here in the US can already get their hands on just about every drug there is. The only thing keeping it illegal does is prop up the prison industrial complex and put poorer people in jail for trying to live like richer people.

Jokes on you. Your body already produces potent drugs that your body uses regularly.
    Persecution drug abused is often from legal drugs obtained illegally.

Drugs are so easy to get nowadays if you know what you are doing. You don't even need to talk to anyone, just some tor, and some cryptos, and a pgp private key. Boom anything you want courtesy of USPS. The only downside is you sometimes have to wait a while so said a friend I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Drugs are so easy to get nowadays if you know what you are doing. You don't even need to talk to anyone, just some tor, and some cryptos, and a pgp private key. Boom anything you want courtesy of USPS. The only downside is you sometimes have to wait a while so said a friend I know.
    People caught smuggling drugs here can be executed, people who possess will face a long time in prison.

Sure, lets make bad drugs illegal and cheap, let Darwinism thin the herd out, I am on board.
    Soooo, legal or illegal? That sentence alone contradicts your initial argument. If people want to destroy themselves, I'd rather not have the government try to intervene.

EDIT: NM, caught ur other post.
    Last edited by kail; 2017-07-13 at 09:42 PM.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Ya, that's great and all, but what's better, using the money we spend arresting and jailing people, or taxing the trade and using the money getting addicts treatment? Remember, portugal legalized drugs and has a lower use rate than the US because they get addicts treatment.
    So we compare Portugal to America? Can we compare apples and oranges as well?

Darwinism is passe...we have come a long way since...we have to protects the weak

They are illegal because people are retarded.

You tell people that the drug will turn them inside out after ingestion and they will still take it.

Some believe that making drugs legal will eliminate or significantly reduce the lure to use them…I don’t think so, I believe that legalization is dangerous, it’s a wrong idea that doesn’t make sense: legalization will make drugs more reachable to teen-agers, youth & addicts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by danallen88 View Post
    Some believe that making drugs legal will eliminate or significantly reduce the lure to use them…I don’t think so, I believe that legalization is dangerous, it’s a wrong idea that doesn’t make sense: legalization will make drugs more reachable to teen-agers, youth & addicts
    Ya....right.
    I guess that's why barely anyone is smoking or drinking.

People who believe that are idiots. People don't take drugs just because it has been forbidden by the goverment.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-07-16 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by danallen88 View Post
    Nice bait mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Alcohol isn't even comparable to the likes of heroin/morphine/ecstacy/benzos/amphetamine/angel dust and such things. If those were as widely used as alcohol, we'd be in deep shit.
    You clearly don't know much about chemistry or actual statistics then, because Alcohol is much *much* more damaging to the human body than ecstasy. The 'damage' from ecstasy comes from impurities and cutting agents due to zero regulation of the market.

Ecstasy has a much lower death rate (averaged of course like per capita measurements) and much lower instances of long term damage on the body.

Even lumping in MDMA with something like strong opiates shows your ignorance in this subject area.

Deleted
    Btw, a reason why drugs should remain illegal - History: Opium Wars.

/thread.

Making drugs easily reachable and without regulation can enable more people to commit more crimes. If a drug gets in the hands of criminals or even ordinary people who abuse its use, it can have effects that might end into crimes.

- - - Updated - - -

Drugs can be deadly to some people. They contain chemicals and substances that can cause depression, allergic reactions and other effects. If anyone can just buy any drug OTC, addictions, and / or overdose will happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Drugs can be deadly to some people. They contain chemicals and substances that can cause depression, allergic reactions and other effects. If anyone can just buy any drug OTC, addictions, and / or overdose will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    How exactly? The exact same justification was used for ages and still is as a form of anti-homosexuality yet the social fabric of the US is still very much intact.

There are plenty of drugs readily available currently with the potential for abuse with alcohol being one of the top offenders. If the social fabric hadn't unraveled by now then it's just a null argument.
    As a citizen of western society, you should be damn well aware of the negative impact alcohol has had on the social fabric (it's a huge one)

As a doctor, you should know just how ridiculous you sound when you're advocating for legalizing just one more thing that'll get even more patients coming to the hospital. I've dealt with a shit ton of cirrhosis. The vast majority is alcoholic. Do you want to have to learn chapters upon chapters of the complications of cocaine abuse because you'll end up seeing it on a near daily basis like you do for liver failure? I can tell you that the whole legalizing all drugs movement is incredibly short sighted and likely will not improve the social aspects we have to deal with in medicine.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

There were over 60k deaths due to ODing on shit. And every indication that this year will be even worse. And some people imagine in some fucked up way that the problem will decrease if drugs are more prevalent? Obviously, some people are high...

Because drugs (generally) are bad for your health, can kill you, can harm and kill others via effects of your actions and costs a huge sum for treatments, mostly from taxes of others.
    Why do you even ask question with obvious answers? All this has been told thousands of times before.