Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Doesn't mean it's light weight or comfortable most of all lol.
    Well that and WoW "plate" is multiple times larger than real world plate.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Well yeah, there's a reason for everything. Going out of your way to make your character look like a slut means something, it sends a message, maybe it's not even conscious. There's a reason why some people like it and some don't. I guess it can even be as stupid as some sheeple movement started by the first few comments of people being offended by slutmog, dragging others along the way.
    I don't really know, but it's still weird to put so much effort into trying to make a video game character look "sexy".
    Or it just "means" that the player thinks a certain look, looks good. Same as how the person dressing in a clown-suit might do it for a number of reasons and not be an actual retard IRL.

I enjoy the odd revealing mog on both female and male characters, and I'm not a slut, a teenage guy, sexually deviant etc etc in any shape or form. It also seems as if though people only get their knickers in a bunch when the revealing mog is on a female character...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slyphofspace View Post
    Because it looks stupid and lazy, like they didn't want to take time to make female armour which looks as good as male armour.

Oh yes, miss Blood Knight, that Bikini is perfectly functional against a sword to the gut. In fact you should tell your brother there to get with the times.

This isn't even a case of "Well I dun like nudity in muh gamez". Look at Demon Hunters, where wearing less restrictive clothing ties into their natural agility and fighting style.
    Alright, only showing the top half, but some effort is made to have them both look dressed ready for a fight, using a demon hunter's agility, and all the sets look reasonably uniform except for taking efforts to avoid putting the ratings up via just straight up going tits out. The girl in the glorious armour set just looks dumb.
    tbh i find the male version of the glorious armor looks way more stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Take your pick OP, all of these are valid reasons
    Well I did mention most of those in my original post and how they didn't make any sense compared to what is in game.

For the points I didn't address:

Men in WoW wear body glorifying armor all the time. Look at almost every big bad guy in WoD.

Having a skimpy option does not prevent others from wearing "powerful and badass" armor.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Because to be blunt, a lot people are prudes and don't realize it because they mask it behind excuses.

People will make excuses like "it breaks immersion" or "it's inappropriate" or "it's used to get attention" but they more or less just don't personally like the aesthetic because it contrasts with their tastes. But for every person that is mildly miffed about it there are a ton others who like them and want more, Blizzard is just hesitant or unwilling to implement more because they don't want the potential shitstorm that can come with it.

To show a game that does skimpy and revealing armor in a completely fair and non-controversial way I need only point to FFXIV. It has armor that is skimpier than almost anything found in WoW yet balances it by having said armor be available and equally (or almost, since you know, anatomy) on males and females. Nobody complains, people can wear it if they want and won't wear it if they don't want.

Deleted
    Can't speak for others, but very skimpy armor and unrealistic supermodel looks with teenage faces feels very asian MMO to me, and I generally don't like that aesthetic.

Hell, I think many of the player models in WoW is a bit too asian mmo like.

Deleted
    On this matter im for diverse options and for wow I think it's about time their more skimpier armorset again.
    I would like to see some new open chested armour for both male and female.

But i would also like some more adventurer style armour. Current armour seems so overdesigned. While overdesign isn't bad it shouldn't be noticeable. Atleast not on so much.
    I liked the anduin attire he had on the shores for example.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Evidently there is a much larger populaton of very prude ppl playing wow than anyone had suspected earlier.
    I guess they are the same people that in real life want us to cover up and not wear the attractive clothes that we want to wear.

It's just another example of insecure little boys getting their panties in a twist because they can't cope with the female form or revealing clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Because to be blunt, a lot people are prudes and don't realize it because they mask it behind excuses.

People will make excuses like "it breaks immersion" or "it's inappropriate" or "it's used to get attention" but they more or less just don't personally like the aesthetic because it contrasts with their tastes. But for every person that is mildly miffed about it there are a ton others who like them and want more, Blizzard is just hesitant or unwilling to implement more because they don't want the potential shitstorm that can come with it.

To show a game that does skimpy and revealing armor in a completely fair and non-controversial way I need only point to FFXIV. It has armor that is skimpier than almost anything found in WoW yet balances it by having said armor be available and equally (or almost, since you know, anatomy) on males and females. Nobody complains, people can wear it if they want and won't wear it if they don't want.
    Amen.

I especially enjoy it when they try to hide behind the "think of the children!!"-trope. Violence and gore is A-OKAY, but side-boob?? Oh lawd!!

Why? Because Social Justice 1 2 3 WEW WEW. And when you have Blizzard yelling DIVERSITY as their new motto and caving in to lonely catladies complaining about a victory pose, you know you're in for a ride straight to political correctness sharia.

And to people saying that skimpy armor doesn't have a place in fantasy, Frank Frazetta would like to have a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I would love to see more everyday clothes, and adventurer type gear that doesn't date back from vanilla models/textures.

Especially for Cloth/leather this can work. More hats, loose shirts/shorts, shoes, small boots.

There's more 3d elements in armor lately so no reason to not use that for some fun transmogs.
    I agree and would like to see some more of the toned down variants that came come or even the in-between mass so it's not so humble but not so lavish. I guess we have that but there isn't a lot that is more up to date so far.

They are getting better and maybe perhaps they will revamp older models too to fit in with the game again but it might be a long wait.

Meh. My tmogs tend to be rather plain, for I prefer a more practical look. If someone wants to run around in a plate-kini though, more power to them. Just like how people run around in ultra thick plate with weird spikes coming from it: They are free to do what they want. If your immersion is based solely on how practical people around you are dressed, than I'm sorry to say it'll be shattered as soon as you log into the game.

Besides, even many of the more practical looking armors in WoW aren't exactly realistic:
    Last edited by Danuru; 2017-05-29 at 03:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Evidently there is a much larger populaton of very prude ppl playing wow than anyone had suspected earlier.
    There isn't, people who like to be offended by things are just more vocal than normal folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I still think its funny people saying it doesn't fit the game, most of the slut armor dates back back from you know, the original game.

Deleted
    "WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN????" cit

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Or it just "means" that the player thinks a certain look, looks good. Same as how the person dressing in a clown-suit might do it for a number of reasons and not be an actual retard IRL.

I enjoy the odd revealing mog on both female and male characters, and I'm not a slut, a teenage guy, sexually deviant etc etc in any shape or form. It also seems as if though people only get their knickers in a bunch when the revealing mog is on a female character...
    Of course it bothers more when it's on a female character. It's just so easy to imagine a fat creep playing a slutty looking character cuz he can't get girls irl. It's just too easy, it becomes automatic.
    I'm not saying you are, or anyone in particular, but that's just something people automatically thinks, it's prejudice, just like americans who think all dark skinned people are ISIS, lol. The only difference is that for them it's not a choice, they are born like that. Changing the look for your character shows a bit of yourself, it's a way to express what you like and for a lot of people it's like saying "I like when people think I'm a fat creep behind a computer screen 24/7 touching myself while starring at my slutmog".

Also, things don't just "look good", they look good for a reason. And the reason to think a slutmog looks good are kind of weird cuz it can,t have anything to do with the class fantasy, lore, context, visual style, (most of these reasons are base on WoW, in other games it can be different). So aside from "I like how the BE's butt looks like" there's really not that many decent reason why one would think a slutmog "looks good".

I don't mind the skimpy armor in WoW or any other media. Though at the same time I don't think that it makes any sense for any warrior-type classes, it would be more fitting for druids and probably hunters who don't need as much clothing to do their work. In Warcraft they also have several occasions of these skimpy clothing, especially with the night elves:

And we also have characters like Sally Whitemane who's outfit is revealing her buttocks while for the rest she's properly dressed. This is basically what got her so popular in WoW in the first place.

It seems a bit ridiculous to me to have a really strong opinion on this. It's only clothing and judging people on what they're wearing seems as shallow as dressing skimpily just to get attention.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Exactly, full plate knights were too heavy to even mount their own horse.

When time went on we got things like Lances and Pikes to throw them off their horse instead of trying to penetrate their armor.

Lancers and Sabre cavalry were used until early WW2, tanks and more effective guns/cannons changed that.

Horse police still exists tho , but really those don't "fight" armies of gunman/pikeman.
    That's a huge myth that's been busted quite a long time now. Here's the short version of all armour: NO ONE wants to wear armour that cripplies their mobility. If it turns you into a slug, no one would wear it.

It's not too heavy at all, people could easily go mount up on their horses - and even if they fell off their horses, they could easily get up. I mean, just look at this guy! Especially ay 1:34 if you like them rolls.

The only times they wore heavy armour that really DID cripple mobility was during... Jousting tournaments! They only needed to face one direction and they only needed to try hit down their opponent. That was it. Nothing that would cost their lives (Unless you're a king who thought it was too hot and do it without a helmet). It's also where you found the heaviest helmet: The Frog Mouth Helmet. It wasn't so much hanging on your head as it was put on top of your shoulderpads.

Of course... this is nothing you'd ever wear in an actual battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Danuru View Post
    Meh. My tmogs tend to be rather plain, for I prefer a more practical look. If someone wants to run around in a plate-kini though, more power to them. Just like how people run around in ultra thick plate with weird spikes coming from it: They are free to do what they want. If your immersion is based solely on how practical people around you are dressed, than I'm sorry to say it'll be shattered as soon as you log into the game.

Besides, even many of the more practical looking armors in WoW aren't exactly realistic:
    Metatron <3

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Official artwork from Sam.
    Well then, I stand corrected, couldn't spot any signature of it. Thanks! ^^

And thank goodness I don't see him in charge of a lot of the armour designs, brrr.
    Last edited by Sigxy; 2017-05-29 at 03:59 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I don't mind the skimpy armor in WoW or any other media. Though at the same time I don't think that it makes any sense for any warrior-type classes, it would be more fitting for druids and probably hunters who don't need as much clothing to do their work. In Warcraft they also have several occasions of these skimpy clothing, especially with the night elves:
    Now if only they made high-res, 3d detailed armor like the posted night-elf pictures in-game, I would love more race inspired armor. And another world revamp or sub-race would be perfect for that. I really would love if the main 8.0 content went back to Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms again.

Since this is blizz official artwork (even the first WoW trailer cinematic shows similar armor), I don't call this a slut mog if it looks properly race inspired.