Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    That'll show all the SJWs and Feminazis.

Keep it up, fearless white males!
    Guess that fearless girl statue will show all those evil men.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    "Perfectly crafted men"... Wut? The black dude looked a bit cut, but the other 2?
    And the generalizations given as examples in that comic are in pretty wide use within our society. Pretty sure the logic behind them are seen in this very thread.
    i dont like your comic it seems unrealistic to me..What was stopping those girls from telling their male friends that they were wrong and not all women do those things? And why didn't a single one of those guys tell her her ass does look good when it shakes.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Celista has no clue what to argue outside of screaming discrimination. And only about CEOs.
    Lol, please. Some industries are worse than others, and that's a huge disparity in representation. And, it's not just women being discriminated against, either. Upper levels of business leadership is basically an old rich, straight white boys' club (with a couple notable exceptions). Especially in areas like finance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Jesus Christ that feminist comic is so cringeworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Bronze Lives Matter!!

Sorry if I assumed the material.
    It only matters if an ivory statue is hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    i dont like your comic it seems unrealistic to me..What was stopping those girls from telling their male friends that they were wrong and not all women do those things? And why didn't a single one of those guys tell her her ass does look good when it shakes.
    Not that the men out here are my friends, but when I've raised that same point on these forums I've been showever by the "NOT ALL MEN!!! But yes, all women!"-mentality.

Hell, I saw someone use Bill Gates success as a confirmation of his own bias that he belongs to the superior sex. Completely ignoring all the women being far more successful than himself, claiming that women mostly inherit their fortune whilst conveniently overlooking how many men do as well yet are hailed as self-made nevertheless.

It's quite common on these forums for threads to be made where all those generalizations are repeated over and over and unironically.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-05-30 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Lol, please. Some industries are worse than others, and that's a huge disparity in representation. And, it's not just women being discriminated against, either. Upper levels of business leadership is basically an old rich, straight white boys' club (with a couple notable exceptions). Especially in areas like finance.
    You only said discrimination against women as CEO. You are as transparent as a set tshirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Jesus Christ that feminist comic is so cringeworthy.
    I thought so too, until I realized that it does indeed accurately describe the reasoning of some men.

Women are "known" as gold diggers based on the few. Does that men are greedy if we're going by the greed of the few?
    Marrying up isn't a few I would argue its more common then not and it makes sense I don't shame them for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, yes...generally if a woman can marry up financially or socially they will. Likewise, men will generally gravitate toward physically attractive women if they can.

Is that all good? Bad? Who cares? I dunno.
    Was my point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you're not wrong, but it's also not "discrimination" if a job requires X and you have two candidates - one of which was brought up to do X and one that wasn't - so you pick the one that's qualified.

Fair? Maybe not in the most wide-lens, overarching sense. But that doesn't mean much, life isn't fair for any of us.

But yes, I agree that pushing children toward either "gender norm" in defiance of their preferences is silly and should change.
    Totally, which is why it is unfair to label any male hire vs a female hire automatically as discrimination. Thats nothing more than hyperbole really. The problem currently, is the applicant scales are very one sided. As people continue to raise their children with more broad career interests, those scales will be less out of balance. But that is going to still take time. I doubt ill see it in my life time.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

What's really hilarious about this is the fact that you're generalizing another group as being a group that generalizes while your group does not.

I mean, I know that internal consistency isn't something you're big on, but at least I can get a laugh out of it.
    Everyone generalizes.

The problem is when a huge group of people start believing that those generalizations actually apply. I'd be arguing the same against Tumblrinas trying to claim that all men are basically rapists only stopped by laws (yes, true generalization among the worst manhaters).

Not that the men out here are my friends, but when I've raised that same point on these forums I've been showever by the "NOT ALL MEN!!! But yes, all women!"-mentality.

Hell, I saw someone use Bill Gates success as a confirmation of his own bias that he belongs to the superior sex. Completely ignoring all the women being far more successful than himself, claiming that women mostly inherit their fortune whilst conveniently overlooking how many men do as well yet are hailed as self-made nevertheless.

It's quite common on these forums for threads to be made where all those generalizations are repeated over and over and unironically.
    /points to posters saying not all feminists

Guess the same applies here, sport?

You only said discrimination against women as CEO. You are as transparent as a set tshirt.
    The thread is about gender discrimination/representation (since that's what the Fearless Girl statue is supposed to be about). I don't need to go through all the levels of discrimination in this thread, in every single one of my posts. Of course other types of discrimination are also relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, in your defense, this is a thread about a statue which literally represent wall street, and corporations. So talking about CEO's and such is the most appropriate angle.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Totally, which is why it is unfair to label any male hire vs a female hire automatically as discrimination. Thats nothing more than hyperbole really. The problem currently, is the applicant scales are very one sided. As people continue to raise their children with more broad career interests, those scales will be less out of balance. But that is going to still take time. I doubt ill see it in my life time.
    I was surprised to see a rather young woman be a garbageman the other day. The crew repainting my living room had 2 young women in it, with 1 elderly experienced man supervising and teaching them.

The idea that women would somehow be against working in these professions when most women never even associate in cirquits where the highest paying jobs are positioned is just another generalization adopted as fact. Men and women alike need to know that low-end jobs are not a shame and not bound to 1 gender or the other. I think some countries have gotten further than others on that field.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    It was a joke to make fun of a ad... the artist identifies as a feminist.. I feel like im missing something.
    Satire, dear.

I was surprised to see a rather young woman be a garbageman the other day. The crew repainting my living room had 2 young women in it, with 1 elderly experienced man supervising and teaching them.

The idea that women would somehow be against working in these professions when most women never even associate in cirquits where the highest paying jobs are positioned is just another generalization adopted as fact. Men and women alike need to know that low-end jobs are not a shame and not bound to 1 gender or the other. I think some countries have gotten further than others on that field.
    Nah. Let's bitch about CEOs and call everything not favoring women discrimination instead.

/points to posters saying not all feminists

Guess the same applies here, sport?
    What, that "not all!" applies to every group generalizing?

Why wouldn't it?

Disrespecting a piece of art that disrespects another piece of art is not exactly an unexpected outcome, as petty as the entire situation is.

Nah. Let's bitch about CEOs and call everything not favoring women discrimination instead.
    I'll leave that bitching to radical modern feminists and guys such as yourself.