Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    In a sane world this thread would be about something that actually matters.
    In a sane world we wouldn't be on the forums of a website created to provide a discussion platform about a game where a magical gnome can run around the homeland of the panda-people firing spells at a shapeshifting cowman debating the interpretations of heavily politicized corporate art.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    In a sane world this thread would be about something that actually matters.
    It's not a sane world, never was and never will be.

At least it's entertaining at times!

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    You're really set on wearing the victim cardigan, huh?

In the very last frame the scary "feminist" (a woman standing up for herself) distinctly explains what it is she's having an issue with among those 3 men, not going off on some rant about how they represent every man out there.

But I suppose it's difficult to see if one doesn't see the hypocrisy in the first place within making sweeping generalizations about women but being angered if the same is done in relation to men.

Which comes back to "NOT ALL MEN!! But yes, all women", the point being made within the comic.
    And I never said all women. But look at you. A perfect mirror of the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    And I never said all women. But look at you. A perfect mirror of the comic.
    I never said you did, I'm pointing to your reaction to the comic.

And of course I'm a perfect mirror of the comic. Of the woman therein though, not the men. I'm equally against it when the tables are turned, but I rarely see that on this forum and I try to stay clear of sites where such attitudes flourish.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-05-31 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Man, people really dislike this little girl statute.
    Yeah, so many man children feel threatened by the silliest things. Embarrassing, really.

I never said you did, I'm pointing to your reaction to the comic.

And of course I'm a perfect mirror of the comic. Of the woman therein though, not the men. I'm equally against it when the tables are turned, but I rarely see that on this forum and I try to stay clear of sites where such attitudes flourish.
    #notallfeminists

But I'm sure it's always discrimination, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Well.. It isn't a bad thing, because Businesses generally hire who is best for the Role.
    That is one of the biggest lies. "Hire the best for the role" has for the longest time, and still often does, meant "just hire the white dude".

People hire what they know, and as most people who make such decisions are white dudes, that perpetuates itself.

#notallfeminists

But I'm sure it's always discrimination, right?
    Not sure what you're going on about now tbf.

Nothing's always "discrimination". Doesn't mean nothing's ever discrimination though.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-05-31 at 12:44 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhenan View Post
    Doesn't matter still a bitch move.
    Okay and the thread right here.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's time to comrade Lenin to make a come back, he deserves a statue since communism is the main choice for hipsters these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    It's time to comrade Lenin to make a come back, he deserves a statue since communism is the main choice for hipsters these days.
    We need a statue of Trotsky, then somebody can place a statue of Stalin with an ice axe sneaking up on him.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Not sure what you're going on about now tbf.

Nothing's always "discrimination". Doesn't mean nothing's ever discrimination though.
    Now who said there is NO discrimination? Just you.

Sounds like you're going to wind up with a whole ideological nativity set if this keeps up.

I guess next we need a bald eagle shitting on the dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Now who said there is NO discrimination? Just you.
    ... Yes, yes I did. I'm quite aware of what I said, you don't need to play the victim over it since I didn't claim that you said it.

Was a brave move, sadly doubt it will stay there long. Feminist will protest and sue till it gets removed and the artist gives a public apology, wouldn't be surprised if they try and get rid of the bull too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Curious how many would change their tune if it was Fearless Little Boy instead of a girl statue being mocked. I wouldn't think so yet-

I don't care either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

There clearly wasn't enough dog representation in statues today and they were rectifying the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

... Yes, yes I did. I'm quite aware of what I said, you don't need to play the victim over it since I didn't claim that you said it.
    Which is why you talked about something no one said.

Feminism in a nutshell, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since it's likely impossible for this to stay on the topic of the actual statues and the act of placing them and will continue to go into forbidden topics (gender issues) I'm going to close this thread here.

CLOSED.