Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Beyblade Comp coming back...?!!?

That Reaper buff... No more Health Orbs from a kill. Instead, he'll passively heal for 20% of the damage he deals. Add in a Nanoboost, and I smell Beyblade coming back...

10+ Year Old Account
    Did some notebook math; a Reaper shotgun does 140 damage per shot in close range, if every pellet hits, and 2 shots per second. 20% of that as healing means he effectively gets 56hp of healing per second while firing, if he's blasting a tank or anyone else big enough to eat a full pellet package.

Big buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Did some notebook math; a Reaper shotgun does 140 damage per shot in close range, if every pellet hits, and 2 shots per second. 20% of that as healing means he effectively gets 56hp of healing per second while firing, if he's blasting a tank or anyone else big enough to eat a full pellet package.

Big buff.
    HUGE buff. I can see it being lowered down real quick. And while I feel his ability to survive definitely needed love, especially since he's my main Offensive Hero pick, even I can admit that this is insane.

But you bet your ass I'm using it while I can!

Death Blossom gives him the healing too which is pretty cute.

Him being tanky now during his ult doesn't change how easy it is to counter overall though, it just takes away one of the ways to do so (Kill him quickly)

Otherwise, yes, gonna see more Reaper now I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    "Kill him quickly" will still be perfectly viable, too. A max of 56hp/second - with a realistic value much lower than that - won't really change much in that regard.

It'll make him an even better duelist and give him some sustain if he's not being focused, but he'll still die to some headshots in team fights real fast.
    The 56 hp/second is based on his regular shooting.

Death Blossom deals 170 damage per second per hero in it, which is 34 healing per hero in range, per second. If you've got 4-6 in range, it's gonna make Reaper REALLY tanky.

It definitely helps during ult though, especially if you combo with Sombra who has had an incredible surge of play recently.

Sombra/Reaper was a thing before this and now it's even more potent, pretty excited to try it.

Add a Zarya bubble and it gets really juicy.

I just started playing reaper full time,

Holy shit,

10+ Year Old Account
    So...he can heal faster than any healer can heal him?...

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    So...he can heal faster than any healer can heal him?...
    I think every healer but Lucio heals for more than 57 per second.

Ana is just short of double that hps if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I think every healer but Lucio heals for more than 57 per second.

Ana is just short of double that hps if I'm not mistaken.
    In terms of raw throughput hps
    Ana ~90 hps (not quite sure on the exact number)
    Lucio 18 (54 with amp) per person
    Mercy 60
    Zen 30

So basically he can heal himself as fast as Mercy can heal

He needs something, handles like a gun boat. I would of been satisfied with a slightly faster move speed so he could strafe dodge stuff.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Deleted
    Yea, he still gets rekt by anything long range. It is a nice buff, but I highly doubt he's gonna be making any kind of comebacks on higher levels.

Seems like they are trying to give the game a real anti-tank hero for this game that is so tank meta. On top of changing Roadhog so he can't 1 shot Reaper anymore, which would have made all the healing in the world irrelevant. Hopefully we'll actually start seeing him in high rated games. But it still would be nice to get another hero for anti-tank as well.

If the healing does work for his ult I'm guessing it's not going to last. Really doesn't make kill Reaper a realistic option if he simply drops in on your team.

Also the big question on my mind after the Roadhog change is if he can still insta kill 200 hp heroes with his combo.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2017-06-01 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Seems like they are trying to give the game a real anti-tank hero for this game that is so tank meta. On top of changing Roadhog so he can't 1 shot Reaper anymore, which would have made all the healing in the world irrelevant. Hopefully we'll actually start seeing him in high rated games. But it still would be nice to get another hero for anti-tank as well.

If the healing does work for his ult I'm guessing it's not going to last. Really doesn't make kill Reaper a realistic option if he simply drops in on your team.

Also the big question on my mind after the Roadhog change is if he can still insta kill 200 hp heroes with his combo.
    I haven't been able to test it myself, but what I'm hearing is Hook, Alt, Melee still 1-shots 200 Heroes if they aren't actively working to prevent it. So he can still get the 1shot pics. The change just evens him out so that he isn't 1-shotting everything. The faster fire rate, and extra round even the change out, so he's really not losing any damage, just having to work a bit harder to still piss people off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkedral View Post
    The faster fire rate, and extra round even the change out, so he's really not losing any damage, just having to work a bit harder to still piss people off.
    The issue with that part of the shift is that Roadhog is a big pile of hitpoints with no defenses and a giant hitbox. He's incredibly easy to kill when he's in the open.

With his old shotgun, the delay between shots favored ducking behind a wall and popping out to fire, minimizing your exposure. The new one fires so much more quickly that you don't have time to duck back all that effectively, so it's going to encourage Roadhog to either voluntarily reduce his DPS throughput for survivability, or to risk getting killed to maintain his hold DPS pressure.

While the head hitbox reduction is nice, I don't think it offsets this. Roadhog is going to drop from a common pick to a situational one, IMO, largely reliant on if there's pits you can hook people into (which is a guaranteed kill on most heroes, regardless of his personal DPS).

In regards to Reaper's healing... Has anyone tested if Ana's 'nade influences it yet? If so, all you need to do to stop an ulting Reaper is nade him, assuming you have an Ana.

Beyblade isn't coming back unless Anas ult increases speed again

In regards to his healing, it only works if 1) he lands a hit and 2) it only heals for 56 if all pellets hit which isn't likely to always happen.

If anything he will be successful in his role which is tank busting
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkedral View Post
    HUGE buff. I can see it being lowered down real quick. And while I feel his ability to survive definitely needed love, especially since he's my main Offensive Hero pick, even I can admit that this is insane.

But you bet your ass I'm using it while I can!
    If they do nerf it, I hope it comes in the form of a cap on the healing Reaper can receive. I don't want to see a flat % nerf, it can be difficult to land a full shot on smaller targets. I'd rather they cap the damage per shot around ~40 so that reaper can still get value when every pellet doesn't connect.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    Ana's ult doesn't give speed anymore. But the general survivability of an (ulting) reaper should go up quite a bit. 20% of ult dmg can be a ton of healing. Still I don't see beyblade coming back yet