Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Question reintrodukt the value of ground mounts?

Seeming that Blizzard love using the Pathfinder achievments to unlock flying, how would peole feel about having to reunlock the use of ground mounts?

The reason I believe this could be a nice addition to the pathfinder way of gating things we are used to, and making them good again is:
    1) Movement speed ability gets a higher value in the open world.
    2) The world will/might feel bigger again
    3) The feeling of going out on an adventure might come back in stronger force
    4) You are "forced" to observe the world around you even more, instead of just fast fading background.
    5) The patherfinder achievments can be spilt into more part, where each can be complete with the patch they are released in.
    6) We might fall in love with our ground mounts again, like when we first got them.

I'm not saying this is a good idea but could help shining up the world. (and give blizzard a cheap way of making 'more'' content?)

I'm someone who's all for removing flying altogether, and this is just a horrible suggestion.

Deleted
    Problem is that people feel that flying is needed now. It should never have been introduced in TBC and especially not in Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecue93 View Post
    Seeming that Blizzard love using the Pathfinder achievments to unlock flying, how would peole feel about having to reunlock the use of ground mounts?

The reason I believe this could be a nice addition to the pathfinder way of gating things we are used to, and making them good again is:
    1) Movement speed ability gets a higher value in the open world.
    2) The world will/might feel bigger again
    3) The feeling of going out on an adventure might come back in stronger force
    4) You are "forced" to observe the world around you even more, instead of just fast fading background.
    5) The patherfinder achievments can be spilt into more part, where each can be complete with the patch they are released in.
    6) We might fall in love with our ground mounts again, like when we first got them.

I'm not saying this is a good idea but could help shining up the world. (and give blizzard a cheap way of making 'more'' content?)
    No one is forcing you to use mounts. If you want to do this, do it, but don't force me into a game that removes mounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    Flying makes questing faster. Before that, ground mounts made it faster. You want to go back so you spend more time running and less time actually doing stuff in the game?

Well not a good idea imo. Anything that helps me complete things faster without it getting boring or getting carried are fine. And mounts are one of those things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Problem is that people feel that flying is needed now. It should never have been introduced in TBC and especially not in Cataclysm.
    Couldn't the same be said about ground mounts?

This suggestion being implemented would kill the game. No exaggeration.

Couldn't the same be said about ground mounts?
    No, ground mounts don't have the issue that flying mounts do. And I can say now that without ground mounts the game would feel WAY too tedious.

Deleted
    Flying mounts should be simply replaced with gliders and future maps made with intent to use it. In fact I hope for Naga Empire as the next expansion so swimming mounts will rock me boat. Ah I lost myself in thoughts, multi layer maps like GW2:HoT would be really sweet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    This suggestion being implemented would kill the game. No exaggeration.
    Just to advocate. How so? After seemingly "removing" flying in Wod, and gating too long in somes eyes in Legion. Did not kill the game, as Theprejudice mentions flying is something feels are needed now, but people still stuck around running everywhere on ground mounts, so could this not extend to running around? Just having the period without ground mounts being short.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    why not? other games had it at the time. Taking 20mins to get somewhere for people that play 1-2hrs a day isn't realistic. This game would have been for the unemployed and students if they hadn't made a lot of time saving QoL changes since Vanilla.

I was a student when I played Vanilla. I can't think I would have ever picked up this game if I was in the work situation I am now with Vanilla style time investment required to get anywhere or do anything in game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    No, ground mounts don't have the issue that flying mounts do. And I can say now that without ground mounts the game would feel WAY too tedious.
    I'm not quite sure, what issue you are refering to with flying mounts. May I ask of you to elaborate for me please?

Did you ever play Vanilla as a class that ran everywhere at 100% speed with NO speed cooldowns/passives? Because I don't think you ever played Vanilla as a class that ran everywhere at 100% speed with NO speed cooldowns/passives.

Shorter answer: No. This would make me (and I'm sure plenty more) instantly quit the game.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I think there are better ways to reintroduce their value.

Back in BC/LK, flying was 60% then 280%. Until you got advanced flight, you were stuck flying slower than you were on a ground mount, which kept epic ground mounts valuable.

What they could do is make a really fast class of ground mounts, but 350%-400% would probably be too crazy. They'd need a way to make ground mounts better in some scenarios. I can't think of a good idea off the top of my head to be honest. My best ideas would be something like, while on a road, ground mounts move at 400% speed or some nonsense, while offroad reduces it to 100%. Mounts capable of flying would not get this benefit.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I think there are better ways to reintroduce their value.

Back in BC/LK, flying was 60% then 280%. Until you got advanced flight, you were stuck flying slower than you were on a ground mount, which kept epic ground mounts valuable.

What they could do is make a really fast class of ground mounts, but 350%-400% would probably be too crazy. They'd need a way to make ground mounts better in some scenarios. I can't think of a good idea off the top of my head to be honest. My best ideas would be something like, while on a road, ground mounts move at 400% speed or some nonsense, while offroad reduces it to 100%. Mounts capable of flying would not get this benefit.
    I'd love if they made Ground Mounts maybe like an extra 50%-100% more, but an absurd more (like Manasaber Ley Race max stacks absurd) on the roads.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I'd love if they made Ground Mounts maybe like an extra 50%-100% more, but an absurd more (like Manasaber Ley Race max stacks absurd) on the roads.
    Yeah that'd be nice. Maybe the longer you're on a road the faster you can go. They could easily design around this as well, building better roads that are easier to navigate, or make artery roads that are more or less straight through a zone.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    No one is forcing you to use mounts. If you want to do this, do it, but don't force me into a game that removes mounts.
    Please do reread what i wrote, I never said that it is a good idea, and if you wanna know, I did that while question on an alt, and for me it bought a new and refresh feeling to the world, hence I try to make a discussion if the idea might, or might not be something good for the game, since proably none of us is developers at blizzard.
    And how should I ever be able to force you too do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    The same can be said about Flying with LOT less chance of Daze vs ground ,faster travel via more direct path. Flying made WQ and everyday actions in the open world easier and faster.

No flying while leveling is understandable, getting flying at max lvl or thru pathfinder is fine. If people don't want to fly they can use ground mounts, Bliz is not holding a gun to their head saying they must use flying mounts.

Legion without flying was torture. Far more so than previous expansions. If they are going to keep designing terrain this way I want flying asap.