View Poll Results: Your least favorite expansion

Voters
772. This poll is closed
  • Classic (I know it is not an expansion)

16 2.07%
  • BC

29 3.76%
  • Wrath

16 2.07%
  • Cata

152 19.69%
  • MoP

66 8.55%
  • WoD

374 48.45%
  • Legion

119 15.41%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    WoD is objectively the worst expansion as it did pretty much everything wrong from a MMO design perspective, but with good intentions.

Following the feedback from MoP it wasn't very surprising, though.

Give us choices!
    Nothing should be mandatory!
    Just let us raid then do what we want!
    Factions should reward cosmetics, no pre-raid gear!
    Daily quests are the worst thing ever!
    We don't want to cap Valor or a currency every week or we fall behind!
    Grinding mats for professions suck!

Coupled with Garrisons which could probably fair pretty well in any other expansion (Order Halls are doing great in part because you have other ways to progress too), WoD became the epitome of 'giving players what they think they want until they get it'. Apathy after 2 weeks of 6.0 even for casuals (after doing Highmaul, prepared your Garrison, you just looked around and asked 'Well, now what?'. Then came 6.1 which was an insult, and 6.2/Tanaan that in panic tried to remedy the situation of the mass exodus due to players literally having fuck-all to do after they've done their weekly raid. I can't think of any period in the game I had less things to do as a non-raider.

Sometimes it feels like the only people that ever defended WoD, was the armchair-pretend-hardcores that thought that they had suddenly become pros at the game because WoD allowed you to raid at that level since the only thing that mattered was weekly clears. If you can raid Mythic and still only play 6-7 hours a week in total you can bet your ass everyone else is bored to tears.

Legion is far from flawless, but it's still doing most things right. Just sad to see that culture shock from WoD made people think they should be able to 'cap' their characters in a couple of hours every week.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2017-06-05 at 08:22 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Legion. It's the only one that has actually made me quit the game.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    The other side of the coin to the "Favorite Expansion" Thread
    honestly if i had to choose it would be TBC - i know its universaly loved but compared to anything that came after it it was garbage unless you were dedicated raider.

For me its WoD. Its the only time I quit since starting in Cata.

As well as the game having very little/wasted content, the Devs and marketing also pissed me off and gave me a bad taste about this expac: The flying debacle, the 'cut' content, pumping out store mounts instead of new content patches, 'youthinkyouknowwhatyouwantbutyoudont' !

If I wasn't such a casual player, Legion's AP treadmill would probably have been more of a killjoy though. As it is there's plenty of non-raid content for me to do.

Deleted
    Legion.

Wod bored me to death, Cata too but it also had some good moments.
    Legion outright pisses me off, I can't really bring myself to find any fun in grinding the same content over and over and over, legendaries and titaforges are a cancer. Plus storytelling is incredibly bad (except Suramar). I can't wait this expansion to end and hope in the next one.

I would love to see this poll without WoD as its just way to obvious that it was going to win by a landslide. At least the favorite expansion poll has some competition with WotLK and MoP.

I voted Legion. I was going to vote for WoD, until I realized that I did enjoy the leveling. The Garrison deal was bad, but at least I made money from it, and even though it wasn't fun, I had a reason to log in. In Legion, I hate leveling. And have no reason whatsoever. As bad as WoD was, at least when I took a break fromt he game, I still thought about it. When I left this time during Legion, I had forgotten basic things about the game due to lack of caring.

Legion without doubt even thou i play it more than every other expansion combined.

Prolonging content with endless AP grind, WQs that repeat day after day after day...... Only "good" thing is M+ and even that is basically a grind...

Deleted
    I'm a bit divided between Cata and Wod.

i voted for legion as my least favorite, idk why but the pvp for me is subpar to the previous expansions

7+ Year Old Account
    Voted for legion, but honestly speaking its quite hard for me to say there was an expansion that was my least favorite. The only expansion that i have played for the full duration has been wrath, every other i have been on and off as i never had the time to play continuously for months. That said, i have always had fun playing those months i was subscribed, the only exception being legion, which i benched after one month of playing.

Deleted
    Legion.

The more they split PvE and PvE with things like templates, abilities that work differently or not at all in PvP or vice versa, dampening... everythig that basically makes no sense at all from an immersive mmo point of view. They have to do it though, because they are incapable of doing the real thing: balancing PvP vs PvE the hard way, without specific rules.

PvP rules are such a mess currently, I don't even know what's going on and it's not like all the information is listed in-game or on a single website... no, you have to look for it in patch notes, in threads or somewhere else.

Legion is also extremly alt unfriendly, even with all their catch-up mechanics. The second worst part of legion, besides driving PvP and PvE even more apart, ist their STUPID and ultra boring and never ending QUEST CHAINS for every minor aspect of this game. Plz introduce something like an "adventure mode" to WoW like it is in Diablo III, where I don't have to do one single quest and I can do whatever I want wihtout falling behind on whatever aspect of the game is interesting to me.
    Last edited by mmoc90507aa8c5; 2017-06-05 at 09:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    MOP would be mine as the dailies and farming for the cloak killed the game for me so much I couldn't even stand to login anymore. So I took a break till after WoD released.
    While WOD was very lacking on content, I was playing with a active guild at the time, and got a bunch of neglected alts to max level and had some fun. So it wasn't as bad for me.

Deleted
    I weighed Cata and WoD, cata wins out for many things, I never rerolled either, I hear all the 'good' in cata was in the revamped leveling.

And dragonsoul was a sin I can never forgive blizzard for as long as I breathe. WoD Raiding was it's saving grace so I'll give it a pass, it's still second to last on the list however.

I'll say Cata in my opinion, at least worst expansion for my Fire Mage and bringing us the most boring raid ever, Dragon Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Itychy View Post
    I weighed Cata and WoD, cata wins out for many things, I never rerolled either, I hear all the 'good' in cata was in the revamped leveling.

And dragonsoul was a sin I can never forgive blizzard for as long as I breathe. WoD Raiding was it's saving grace so I'll give it a pass, it's still second to last on the list however.
    i could forgive dragonsoul... if they'd budgeted for ANY other raids/content the whole !@#$ing expansion. Firelands was a launch raid that got delayed, and the only other raid planned for the whole expansion got cut for lack of proper budgeting. And yet, they still stick with a weasely excuse that they "couldn't find a way to make it fun".

Quote Originally Posted by Blackspiral View Post
    MOP would be mine as the dailies and farming for the cloak killed the game for me so much I couldn't even stand to login anymore. So I took a break till after WoD released.
    While WOD was very lacking on content, I was playing with a active guild at the time, and got a bunch of neglected alts to max level and had some fun. So it wasn't as bad for me.
    Lol dude - farming damn ring in wod was such a shitty experience (and of corz mechanics behind legy ring was "gey" to) I wonder why you don't complain about that.

7+ Year Old Account
    legion is bad. dude

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD is untouchable, I mean it was just that bad..
    but Legion is close second least favorite for me, I know is not finished yet but so far it was pretty disappointing.