Pre-Assembled Gaming PC for ~$1500?

As the title says. Within 6 months or so (if all goes well, lol), I'm hoping to upgrade my PC. I'll have ~$1500, give or take a bit.

However, I am 100% certain I would somehow mess up assembling a computer (never underestimate how much of a klutz I am, nor how much bad luck I have), so I'm looking to find one pre-assembled. I'm unable to wire it to my internet as well, so it would need a wireless card included, something most of the PCs I've found seem to lack.

I had a friend link me: https://www.digitalstorm.com/configu...asp?id=1657563

But it lacks a wireless card, and honestly I'm pretty dumb with the internals of computers, so no idea if it's even that good.

Ideally, I'd like the PC to be capable of playing WoW on Ultra (though not sure if that's possible for this price?), something that can play Overwatch, No Man's Sky (despite the hatred, I think it's a neat game), and things like that on decent settings. (I know expecting "ultra" settings for games like that on a budget is unrealistic. :P) And one that i could upgrade down the line without much trouble. (as in, I could look up a video guide telling me how to take the old part out and replace it without complications, etc.)

I know it's a long shot, but figured I'd ask if anyone knows. I know building my own would be much better (and cheaper in the long run), but unless there's literally a step by step guide, I would find a way to screw it up.

Note: The $1500 doesn't include monitor, unless you know of one that does. :P
    Last edited by Myzou; 2017-06-02 at 11:40 AM.

1)A PC that can play all those costs less than 1500$ just because the term "Ultra" is thrown in doesnt mean jack shit, a 800$ PC can play those games on Ultra without a problem, hell i can make a PC with used parts play those 3 games on High/Ultra with 500$.

Dont get fooled by the term "Ultra" research is your friend, google is your friend too, waste a few hours to read up instead of blindly throwing money.

2)Building your own is preferred because of 3 reasons:

a)Most prebuilds have a bad reputation because shit companies tend to build with third-tier parts everywhere else apart from the "big names" to seduce the customer, hence the bad rep.

b)You dont get scammed 300$ extra for the brand name in most cases as what you linked costs around 300-400$ less if you pick the parts yourself.

c)You know what you chose.

3)Find someone nearby and order/build your PC there, simple as that if you are that afraid of doing it yourself.

4)At your price range, the PC you can build will not be to be touched for a few years, averagely 3 years everything Ultra at 1080p with one of the bigger cards as example.

Obviously varies with a few settings and depends how buggy the release is but a general reason to get a 500-600$ card is the fact that it can pull everything ultra 3 years down the road, just with 60 FPS instead of 150.

Also your biggest mistake is asking from now.

PC technology tends to do weird releases and jumps at any time, 6 months from now the price range and components will be completely different, its useless bothering from now.

Ask again when its time.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-06-02 at 01:22 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not exactly sure what you think it costs for a high end gaming PC but the PC in that link can play almost anything maxed out. Some AAA titles might require a setting or two toned down just a bit just as AA but it's mostly on the game being optimized. None the less it's still pretty much Ultra. A 1070 is roughly equivalent to the last gen flagship card (980ti) which is still fantastic to use and I currently use one. There's no better CPU on the market for WoW than the 7700K shown in that build and the GPU would destroy Overwatch. It's all actually overkill for both of those games. No Man's Sky...well it released performing like a straight piece of shit so I honestly don't know how well it plays at the moment but it would be the games fault if it doesn't run well. You won't have trouble running any game you decide to play though.

Now with that said it's almost $1600 for that build and I'm not really into recommending prebuilt computers. You're a few hundred dollar premium on getting it prebuilt but at least Digital Storm cares more about their PCs than most prebuilt companies so at the very least you wouldn't be getting a ticking time bomb for hardware. Of course you would need the wireless card. May be possible to give them a call and ask if you could pay a little more for one but otherwise you would need to build another.

Building a computer isn't difficult in the slightest though. Plenty of video guides walking you through every step. The rest of it is just reading the specific manuals that come with the product which tell you how and where everything plugs in. Just walked a friend through building a PC over a skype call if it's any indication. It also helps you better understand your PC so you're more likely able to fix a problem down the road or upgrade a new part without worrying and paying someone else. Can't force you though so ultimately that decision is up to you on whether to waste the money on prebuilt or not. There are better looking cases and an even better GPU that could be had with that kind of budget though.

EDIT: I just noticed you said you'll be upgrading in 6 months. I agree with potis, disregarding even wasting time looking at PCs if you aren't ready to buy. It wastes everyone else's time and hardware changes so fast that by then you'll likely be looking at an entirely different PC that's much better for the same cost. When you're ready to order, create a new thread.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-06-02 at 01:29 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post

PC technology tends to do weird releases and jumps at any time, 6 months from now the price range and components will be completely different, its useless bothering from now.

Ask again when its time.
    It's more I have no idea when it will be. It could be next week. 6 months from now. If it's 6 months from now, I'll make a new thread then, but I'd rather try to get the basics down. Like, if someone knows a site that does pre-made ones that are trustworthy, I can just go there 6 months from now and ask my tech-saavy friends about the specifications, etc.

I'm disabled. I've been waiting for an appeal for SSI for over a year, and should I get approved, I'll be getting backpay, which I've already divided into necessities and splurges to last me, like the PC. That's why I'm willing to spend a little more, so it lasts a little longer tech wise, as I have no idea if/when I'd be able to buy another upgrade, as I'm disabled and will be on a fixed income.

And I'm aware of what Ultra means. I just have no idea how to phrase the question otherwise. Lol.

But I won't be building it, that much I know. And I live in a small town. The closest PC shop is ~100 miles away. (I mean, we had one, but it shut down like 3 years ago when Staples took most of their repair business) And as I have agoraphobia (hence SSI), finding a stranger to do it? No. Lol. That complicates a LOT. I couldn't even go to a PC shop if one did exist.

I'm well aware building my own would be cheaper, but in my position, it's just not feasible. You have no idea how klutzy I am. With my luck, I'd screw in the motherboard the wrong way and ruin it. Or break off one of the connectors when trying to connect the video card, etc. That's why I'm specifically interested in pre-made. The power cables alone give me massive anxiety just watching videos of people plugging everything in. >_>

Well, there is the corsair one which seems pretty good but it is pretty expensive

or maybe something like the ASUS ROG 20