Poll: Which do you prefer?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    Two different schools of thought. Italian pizza (Pizza in Italy, that is) is a carefully considered and tried combination of flavors and ingredients to create unique dishes.
    The take on pizza in the rest of the world is (in most cases by far) is an exercise in cramming as much processed cheese and mystery meat as you possibly can onto a piece of bread to the point where it becomes nearly impossible to tell the different flavors apart and zero effort in actually picking ingredients that go well together. More is more. It's probably clear which type I prefer
    It's also fair to mention that "pizza in italy" doesn't necessarily mean high quality. When I was a kid, before tripadvisor or anything like that, my family would select any street restaurant in tourist areas we went to, and the food would be expensive and mediocre. That goes for all places I've visited/lived. If you want a good meal and don't know the area, do some research.
    Mother pus bucket!

Two different schools of thought. Italian pizza (Pizza in Italy, that is) is a carefully considered and tried combination of flavors and ingredients to create unique dishes.
    The take on pizza in the rest of the world is (in most cases by far) is an exercise in cramming as much processed cheese and mystery meat as you possibly can onto a piece of bread to the point where it becomes nearly impossible to tell the different flavors apart and zero effort in actually picking ingredients that go well together. More is more. It's probably clear which type I prefer
    It's not just the topping. It's the loaf itself. In Itally I had pizza that I could almost look through, that's how thin it was. It was basically a bread crust with lots of toppings. Anywhere else in the world is basically an actual loaf of actual bread with random ingredients on a tomatoesauce. It's not even the same competition...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    It's also fair to mention that "pizza in italy" doesn't necessarily mean high quality. When I was a kid, before tripadvisor or anything like that, my family would select any street restaurant in tourist areas we went to, and the food would be expensive and mediocre. That goes for all places I've visited/lived. If you want a good meal and don't know the area, do some research.
    Obviously. If you hit basically any random restaurant in the center of Rome (example, I live here as an expat) you might find "okay" food, but their focus is not quality, but volume. They don't live off return customers, but do their best to lure in as many tourists as possible, charge them a few extra euros per dish and then never see them again. If you want good food, yep, you need to research and go where the locals go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    It's not just the topping. It's the loaf itself. In Itally I had pizza that I could almost look through, that's how thin it was. It was basically a bread crust with lots of toppings. Anywhere else in the world is basically an actual loaf of actual bread with random ingredients on a tomatoesauce. It's not even the same competition...

oh, yeah. The crust and dough means a lot. Especially Roman pizza is incredibly thin, but somehow still able to support the toppings. I've gotten used to it after moving here, to the point that where everything else is just a soggy, half inch slap of dough... I mean, I'll still eat it when I'm visiting family at home because I'm a greedy pig, but still...

ive tried a few pizza places in america and the best one was called bollo in houston chicago pizza not a fan of most look like the person who made it just grabbed what ever was in reach and threw it on.
    i'm very picky though if the place doesn't cook their pizza using a wood fired oven i walk away

I'm Italian and don't give a fuck XD
    But please don't tell me something with pineapple on top can be called Pizza. Thanks

I like them both equally. Depends on what I am in the mood for really.

NY Style personally. There is no such thing as American Pizza. There's NY style and the trash you find outside the Northeast.
    Last edited by Suporex; 2017-06-06 at 12:42 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgarw View Post
    I'm Italian and don't give a fuck XD
    But please don't tell me something with pineapple on top can be called Pizza. Thanks
    Hawaiians are touchy about that. I am from NY. I agree with you lol.
    Horde always.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    not only is it healthier but.
    Mate... no one eats this delicious shit for health reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    American pizza.
    A circular loaf of bread with tomato sauce on it???

That have nothing to do with pizza,,,
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    A circular loaf of bread with tomato sauce on it???

That have nothing to do with pizza,,,
    That's not a pizza, that's an actual, literal tomato pie.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Lahmacun. Döner Kebab in a Pizza.
    Too thick for a Lahmacun and served with yoghurt (the white matter), which is weird. Moving on, Lahmacun is not "Doner Kebab in Pizza". It's ground beef mixed with various vegetables and spices over a special and think pastry. Doner "Kebab" is something entirely different.

Gotta keep on posting my favourite pizza (so far) to make other people hungry!

BEHOLD!

10+ Year Old Account
    I havent really eaten an american pizza so italian wins for me. I will however try an american one someday just to have tried it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Too thick for a Lahmacun and served with yoghurt (the white matter), which is weird. Moving on, Lahmacun is not "Doner Kebab in Pizza". It's ground beef mixed with various vegetables and spices over a special and think pastry. Doner "Kebab" is something entirely different.
    But thats what you get here in europe when you order a Lahmacun.

i picked american because once i had a pizza that was so gourmet it literally just had the halves of chopped vegetables barely cooked on it, and that's emperor's new clothes stupid i'll tell yah what, and i ain't fallin for that shit, miss me wit dat dumb shit, gourmet is slang for shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    People might laugh but the Pizzahuts in Pakistan make phenomenal pizzas with flavors not available here in the US. Chicken tikka is one of them and I'm someone who enjoys pretty much most foods.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Gotta keep on posting my favourite pizza (so far) to make other people hungry!

BEHOLD!
    want.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

American. Chicago deep dish, specifically.

Yeah... no... not really...

The most bizarre pizzas I've ever had were the ones I had in Italy. It's like they are trying to catch up with the rest of the world and not getting it right. Maybe a couple decades ago they were more traditional and did what you say (or even today, in select restaurants), but what I saw when living there was the majority of the pizza places would just offer a huge variety of lousy uninspired flavors. And I didn't live in a touristic town, the pizzas were meant for the locals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    Yeah... no... not really...

The most bizarre pizzas I've ever had were the ones I had in Italy. It's like they are trying to catch up with the rest of the world and not getting it right. Maybe a couple decades ago they were more traditional and did what you say (or even today, in select restaurants), but what I saw when living there was the majority of the pizza places would just offer a huge variety of lousy uninspired flavors. And I didn't live in a touristic town, the pizzas were meant for the locals.
    Seems most other people who live or vacation in Italy don't share that opinion