Deleted

Keep pushing or await ToS?

Hi everyone,

Just managed to get my new artifact appearances via the EN/Mythic/Nighthold questline, and have just hit the 900 mark for my ilvl.

I am a casual player, but now we are in June and ToS is almost upon us, I wanted your thoughts on my current gear, and if there is much point really pushing for more gear prior to June 20th (I think) when the new raid opens.

I have a slot on the non-progression raids now I have rejoined my old guild from back in vanilla, so I have the option to push into NH HC and parts of NH M, and there are always Mythic + groups I can join in my guild.

Here is a link to my character: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...dream/ironcast

Obviously, if there are major tweaks I can make to my current set up, please shout out, but it was more if I should use my time more effectively rather than just running raids with little addition to my gear in the hope of Titanforging.

To reiterate, this is not a 'THERE IS NOTHING FOR ME TO DO" or "I AM BORED" post, but more what I can do to ensure I am all set for the new raid.

P.S - I also have Sephuz Secret and Tyr's Hand of Faith as leggos on this character if that changes anything. I am also 39/40 AK, and I believe 49 (75% through that level) on my weapon? I could be wrong there.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Push concordance, push heroic NH. More gear going into ToS is always better. Eases progression woes. Especially if your guild has already done heroic and is willing to take you.
    Last edited by Nition; 2017-06-05 at 10:06 AM.

Deleted
    Hey ,

since you are a casual player your gear and item level is fine. Although if you want you could try get more crit. As for the " if I should use my time more effectively " do you have anything specific in mind that you want to do instead of heroic NH or mythic+ ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Andouin View Post
    Hey ,

since you are a casual player your gear and item level is fine. Although if you want you could try get more crit. As for the " if I should use my time more effectively " do you have anything specific in mind that you want to do instead of heroic NH or mythic+ ?
    No, it was more if people felt if it was actually worth doing it when we have a new raid coming out. I don't mind doing Mythic +, but was curious to see if people felt if its worth the time to push into HC this close now.

What % crit should I be gunning for?

Looking at your Armory I think I'd try and get into Heroic NH and get your 4pc. Then just farm M+ for AP/better legendaries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holovik View Post
    Looking at your Armory I think I'd try and get into Heroic NH and get your 4pc. Then just farm M+ for AP/better legendaries.
    Sounds good, thank you all for the contributions!

Deleted
    Cap is 45% so anything close to that is fine. Also if you have the time ( and shards ) to spend you could also try to do the mage tower challenge for another skin. Additionally if you are going to try NH heroic and mythic+ you could try to obtain 4-set as mentioned above while getting the cloak from lower Karazhan " Drape of Shame".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Andouin View Post
    Cap is 45% so anything close to that is fine. Also if you have the time ( and shards ) to spend you could also try to do the mage tower challenge for another skin. Additionally if you are going to try NH heroic and mythic+ you could try to obtain 4-set as mentioned above while getting the cloak from lower Karazhan " Drape of Shame".
    I do have the 4 set, but due to gearscore being permanently burned into my skull, I have gone for the "I like the big numbers approach".

The challenge tower is a target for tonight!

With the cloak from kara - is it still the BiS despite the nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcast View Post
    I do have the 4 set, but due to gearscore being permanently burned into my skull, I have gone for the "I like the big numbers approach".

The challenge tower is a target for tonight!

With the cloak from kara - is it still the BiS despite the nerf?
    It is BiS depending on ilvl. The proc is worth around ~30 ilvl. If you get one great, but I wouldn't be hard pressed to feel like you need to farm the place with ToS and higher ilvl gear coming out, along with T19/T20 set bonuses to compete with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    It is BiS depending on ilvl. The proc is worth around ~30 ilvl. If you get one great, but I wouldn't be hard pressed to feel like you need to farm the place with ToS and higher ilvl gear coming out, along with T19/T20 set bonuses to compete with.
    Interesting. I need to really start thinking about the set bonuses and procs etc as 'ilvl' I guess. I suppose I just see it as a better item purely based off the back of it being WF/TF etc.

Thanks for all the help people!

Deleted
    I am posting the spreadsheet for holy paladins from the main Holy thread just in case you are interested to check more stuff. There are a lot of stuff in it , most of them might be useless to you but you can use it to check if an item is an upgrade , compare trinkets , see if 4p worths using instead of higher item level and minor stuff like these.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...wWw/edit#gid=0

Well more content also increases your chance for legendary -- which frankly for raiding you severely need. The wrist are terrible in raids -- though I would argue thy are actually pretty decent in dungeons -- and the belt is only OK (it's awesome in m+ though!).

Nows as for your gear... it's not as good as it may look. I know having a high ilvl feels good, however you've picked the wrong class to be able to afford that (e.g. holy priest needs about 30%-40% mastery and then you are fine with maximum item level). As a paladin you need that 40%+ crit chance (ideally you want 50%, 45% with 2p T19) -- it's simple if you don't crit your holy shock, you don't heal for a peanut.

This means things such as you don't get to wear that 910 ring, because the 875 which you can buy in auction will have 500 more crit. In your case -- "Darkmoon deck: Hellfire" crafted trinket is going to be better than your 900 ilvl Heightened Senses even though it's only 875. Hands and Cloak are the worst possible Tier pieces you can have (and are not worth if their non set replacement would give you 5% crit). Tier pieces will be dragging your ilvl down -- unless you are lucky or raid mythic it make getting over 900 quite harder -- but I would say that both 2 and 4 set bonus are worth it.

I've been running in 904ish gear for a long time even though I could put on 912 ilvl -- it just didn't make sense stat wise and was putting me at some 35% crit only. Healing wise the lower ilvl gear was simply performing better.

I mean its not too bad you got 2 more times to do full heroic NH really then be pushing much harder in ToS normal/heroic since its like what 10-15+ ilvls higher? You'll most likely return to nighthold still for AP or titanforge procs at some point as well just like people still do EN/TOV but not nearly as much perhaps. Maybe 1-2 month from now. I'd say just clear normal/heroic NH 1-2 more time try to get as much AP just to hit 52 traits then chill until TOS comes out. Prep with 100 flasks/500+ potion of prolong and 500+ of the 300 food since the 375 food is a little too much tryhard. You should be good and ready to top meters by them swinging your dick from the top of the meters tower! PogChamp

love you bruh

also look into buying ask mr robot premium ($12) a year to find the upgrade finder feature which tells you which dungeons/raids/bonus rolls you should prioritize on. I love that feature. It sucks that it took almost 4 hours to run the custom gearing strategy for my pally but once that is done then its usually pretty accurate except a few trinket issues but most of the time its chill. Still sims me really low on dps compared to simcraft but thats alright w.e we chillin. @Zoopercat mah brutha

goodnight
    Last edited by Brewhan; 2017-06-12 at 03:38 PM.

We'll be doing the typical checks after 7.2.5 launches to look for bugs, etc. Then yeah, comparing it to logs will give everyone confidence that the system is right - that's a huge benefit to having real boss fights - you can test and prove accuracy of a simulator.

We all be chillin over here too. I mean, after 7.2.5 of course
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion