Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I don't know why foreigners like to come to the US and visit our most European like cities. Go to New Orleans, San Antonio, San Francisco, etc.
    I wish, but I'm taking advantage of work trips which are only to DC and NYC. Next year I'm hoping to do a Road trip from Texas (Fly to Houston then down to Corpus Christi, following the sea and barrier islands east all across the southern states (New Orleans etc.) and down to Miami.

Although, ostensibly New Orleans is one of the most European cities afaik that you guys have in terms of architecture & feeling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Or bagel

Its literally the water to why you cant get good bagels outside the NY area.
    Holy shit, I cannot believe i forgot to mention NYC bagels. Like no other bagel I have tried in the rest of the country.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

When I went to DC earlier this year I liked a place called "We the Pizza".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jadhak View Post
    I wish, but I'm taking advantage of work trips which are only to DC and NYC. Next year I'm hoping to do a Road trip from Texas (Fly to Houston then down to Corpus Christi, following the sea and barrier islands east all across the southern states (New Orleans etc.) and down to Miami.

Although, ostensibly New Orleans is one of the most European cities afaik that you guys have in terms of architecture & feeling.
    Take in some of the Tex-Mex when you are southern Texas. Don't to any of the franchises, go to a Ma & Pa place. Maybe even some bar-b-que.

Same with Miami, go to one of the American-Cuban places. It is uniquely our own.
    In New Orleans, you need to try and go during crawdad season so it is fresh. Get you some jambalaya or etoufee.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-06-05 at 04:24 PM.

new york
    -bagels
    -italian food

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    Joes Pizza in Greenwich Village, NY . Best Cheese Slice in the world. And Katz Deli. Thats like a NY Landmark . Specialty is Pastrami and other meats.
    I go to Joes all the time, was there Saturday night. Been to Katz's as well but it's not in an area I frequent.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't remember the name, but i think it was The flatbread company that i visited once when i was in boston. By far the best Pizza i have ever had

* whoops, didn't read the OP about local food and none foregin cuisine....that said, i still stand that its worth visiting
    Last edited by Dyluck; 2017-06-05 at 06:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had great seafood in Boston.

If you do end up in Boston, stay away from the Union Oyster House. Extremely overpriced for incredibly underwhelming food. I think i paid 8 dollars for a cup of french onion soup and it was the least flavorful, most wateriest soup i've ever had.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    For Boston, cream pie, baked beans, and Boston style clam chowder. For New York, pizza. For Washington DC, go elsewhere as there is nothing specific to that area, and most of the food is rather bland.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legal Seafood in Boston was excellent.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Deleted
    Guys, stop proposing pizza, I'm Italian & on top of that Neapolitan!

Gotta get some chowder in Boston. Seconding the suggestion to stay away from Union Oyster House. It's a tourist trap.

My recommendation would be to head up to the North End. Ignore all the Italian joints and head to Neptune Oyster on Salem St. Try to go at a bit of an off time as they don't take reservations and it gets real busy later in the evening. If there's a wait, put your name in and then just go grab a drink somewhere or take in the sights and sounds of the North End. It's a pretty cool area. After you eat a lobster roll, some chowder, and of course some oysters, head over to Hanover Street to Mike's Pastry (or Modern, they're across the street from each other and everyone has their own opinion as to which one is better, I like Mike's) and get some cannolis and a lobster tail (pastry, not seafood). I know you're Italian but these pastries are friggin delicious.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadhak View Post
    Guys, stop proposing pizza, I'm Italian & on top of that Neapolitan!
    American pizza is different from Italian pizza.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    American pizza is different from Italian pizza.
    Indeed it is and we largely view it as inferior: you won't EVER win that argument with an Italian, it's an exercise in futility.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career