Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs up Gen. Mattis on the muslim organization ISIS - their end is nigh

Short summary:

During the interview, Mattis and Dickerson discussed the fight against ISIS, and Mattis said the U.S. has moved to “annihilation tactics” and away from “attrition tactics.”

He said in full, “We have already shifted from attrition tactics where we shove them from one position to another in Iraq and Syria to annihilation tactics where we surround them.” … “Our intention is that the foreign fighters do not survive the fight to return home to north Africa, to Europe, to America, to Asia, to Africa, we are not going to allow them to do so. We are going to stop them there and take apart the caliphate.”
    This is very inspiring - knowing that there are powers willing to kill them all.

Didn't we make this "switch" like over a year ago? You know, when planing for the siege of Mosul?
    Also very brave of this administration, taking credit for what Iranians are doing and then calling them a threat as big as ISIS during the meetings with Saudis and Israel.
    Last edited by HumbleDuck; 2017-06-04 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Typos and stuff

I hope Mad Dog Mattis and his crew kill many muslim terrorists.

7+ Year Old Account
    need to pull out, not keep messing around over there.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I good pick for Defense Secretary. One who understands and is willing to fight to defeat a enemy. Rather than some political figurehead some have been in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like how you destroyed the Taliban and just a new group formed and came back even stronger due to a destabilized region and easy access to military equipment.

Those wars will destroy them locally where you hit them, but not destroy them as a group the focus will simply move since military might has to be paired with other efforts to deal with extremism and that latter part never gets done since there's no money in it.

Yea, killing that 1000 headed snake by surrounding a head a chopping it off and moving on to the next one is totally working.

The taliban became ISIS that will morph into something else. There isn't a military solution to ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Like how you destroyed the Taliban and just a new group formed and came back even stronger due to a destabilized region and easy access to military equipment.

Those wars will destroy them locally where you hit them, but not destroy them as a group the focus will simply move since military might has to be paired with other efforts to deal with extremism and that latter part never gets done since there's no money in it.
    Well that is what happens when you have Nobel Prize winning "Community Organizer" as President, and Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State.

You get an absolute shit show and complete incompetence on foreign affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post

Short summary:

This is very inspiring - knowing that there are powers willing to kill them all.
    Only way to beat them. At least somebody finally released that. How many people have to die while we suffer politicians that are afraid to say that Islam and terrorism are linked.

It's almost like they are enablers of terrorism.

How many of these guys have been interviewed by intelligence agencies then released to commit a terror attack? That guy from Manchester concert that killed the children, the Ft Hood guy, the Orlando shooter, the Boston marathon bomber- all were interviewed then released....

How many videos will these terrorist post on places like facebook while Zuckerberg makes billions?

It's insane. The first attack on the London bridge, Wolf Blitzer on CNN was describing the terrorist as a "bearded man" almost as if he was refusing to call the guy that shouted "aluh ackbar (or whatever)" a terrorist.

We even have some people coming out saying we should just accept these attacks as a way of life. really? Accept monsters murdering people and children in the streets? Really, people are willing to accept that? Where in the world is your backbone?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ll-happen.html

Then we have people saying things like "I won't give in to terrorism, I am still going to work tomorrow and am going to attend the concert...."

Really? That's what counts as a "victory" against terrorism nowadays? Going to work and a show? How low are we going to set this "victory" bar?

There is no wonder why terrorist attacks continue to happen, just look at all the enablers and the nonsense......

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    Well that is what happens when you have Nobel Prize winning "Community Organizer" as President, and Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State.

Seeing how your current goverment wants less to do with the rest of the world, it's not likely that they'll get the job done better this time.
    Bombing ISIS a few times and then just leave will not make the ideas go away.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll believe it when I see it.

Just make sure you/we maintain security afterwards until they can handle it them selves, no pulling out of Irak to early incident again for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post

The one before him was terrible also and the one after him also. To be more precise the one before him started a war that further destabilized the region and the one after him is arming the saudi's what will further destabilize the region. Not to mention trying to isolate Iran again what will also do no good for the region and then i'm not even starting about the so called "peace talk" support in Israel.

I guess that's what you call a hattrick although i can probably dig up some stuff on Clinton if i wanted to go further back. The point remains the same war brings destruction not peace, therefor things need to happen after a war what never do, take note i'm critical of all governments in that regard not the US but they are the biggest player in this mess that keeps going from bad to worse.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    The one before him was terrible also and the one after him also. To be more precise the one before him started a war that further destabilized the region and the one after him is arming the saudi's what will further destabilize the region. Not to mention trying to isolate Iran again what will also do no good for the region and then i'm not even starting about the so called "peace talk" support in Israel.

I guess that's what you call a hattrick although i can probably dig up some stuff on Clinton if i wanted to go further back. The point remains the same war brings destruction not peace, therefor things need to happen after a war what never do, take note i'm critical of all governments in that regard not the US but they are the biggest player in this mess that keeps going from bad to worse.
    No Bush did what had to be done. Saddam was gonna lose control eventually and he was a massive dick.

It's all on Obama for being a stupid populist and pulling out of Iraq. Obama singlehandedly created Isis.

Here's hoping his expertise can lead to a lasting solution.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Seeing how your current goverment wants less to do with the rest of the world, it's not likely that they'll get the job done better this time.
    Bombing ISIS a few times and then just leave will not make the ideas go away.
    Personally, I am a strict isolationist, a strict non-involvement kind of person.

I also realize that our American government, and our politicians have blood on their hands from all the shit they have been doing in the middle east at the behest of war and oil profiteers. It makes my stomach sick to know the politicians on both sides have done some incredibly immoral and shady acts over there.

It also makes my stomach sick to see innocent people pay the price for it.

If these terrorists want to attack government buildings, politicians personally, etc, I say go ahead. Just leave the average citizen alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cut off one(bearded) head and two more shall take its place.
    "Alas, how terrible is wisdom when it brings no fortune to the wise"

Great interview, love mad dog mattis.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Yea, killing that 1000 headed snake by surrounding a head a chopping it off and moving on to the next one is totally working.

The taliban became ISIS that will morph into something else. There isn't a military solution to ideology.
    Wasn't it the Irakish Al Qaida that became ISIS/Daesh? Taliaban is mainly a domestic (Afghan) organization, that only got in the spotlight for harboring/helping Bin Laden, (apart from the atrocities they do in their own country of course)?
    Last edited by Waynhim; 2017-06-04 at 03:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And what will takes its place? Who are they arming now?