Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Was thinking more of the ongoing civil war and all that but your right about that.
    I doubt he cares about the civil war or the Syrian people.

He's probably some shitbag IS-sympathizer referring about how caliphate in Syria was stopped.

Aggrophobic i asked for reliable source and you link BBC, are you trolling?

wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_States#Crime_rate_statistics

Basically you have gangbangers doing hoodrat things in their gettos and pushing the numbers up for everyone.
    Dont apply your fear of guns to normal people, wink wink

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Agnastyr View Post
    Aggrophobic i asked for reliable source and you link BBC, are you trolling?

wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_States#Crime_rate_statistics

Basically you have gangbangers doing hoodrat things in their gettos and pushing the numbers up for everyone.
    Dont apply your fear of guns to normal people, wink wink
    So are we also allowed to take away 'bad neighborhoods' when comparing stats/

Actually the opposite, just take a look at the demographic of that "bad neighborhood" Remove the demographic = crime removed. Easy. No need to thank me for that revelation tho. But what you do need to do is not apply seemingly shit stats to everyone when most of the crap is done by specific type of people.

Like the current problem in Europe is a group of specific people, from those stats you can gather another group of people responsible for crime.

Deleted
    While I will preface this with: I am glad that nobody was hurt seriously and I hope this guy being taken alive leads to some other people being arrested,

Having said that, I am so glad that in this continent it is hard to get guns and that here the good guys actually are armed better than the bad guys, imagine if all these recent ramadan attacks had people with guns perpetrating them, the impact would have been a hell of a lot worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I suspect this fellow was somehow mentally unstable. What did he hope to achieve by bringing a hammer agaisnt men armed with guns?
    To be fair, everyone who hopes to accomplish something through terrorist violence and believes in a man in the sky who will reward him with virgins for it is mentally unstable.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    But a knife is easy to get a hold of, surely stabbing someone with a knife would have been more effective than trying to hit them with a hammer?
    I think a lot of police wear anti-knife undergarments (could be wrong on that) to avoid getting stabbed, imagine it's pretty hard to armor against a hammer, so maybe it is more effective. I'm not an expert either; but experts suck the fun out of discussion anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I think a lot of police wear anti-knife undergarments (could be wrong on that) to avoid getting stabbed, imagine it's pretty hard to armor against a hammer, so maybe it is more effective. I'm not an expert either; but experts suck the fun out of discussion anyway
    speaking of that, this was posted to reddit yesterday

https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/commen...ainmail_armor/

European police going to start dressing like this? i like it :P

cant seem to link the image from that post without re-hosting the image :\

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Agnastyr View Post
    Actually the opposite, just take a look at the demographic of that "bad neighborhood" Remove the demographic = crime removed. Easy. No need to thank me for that revelation tho. But what you do need to do is not apply seemingly shit stats to everyone when most of the crap is done by specific type of people.

Like the current problem in Europe is a group of specific people, from those stats you can gather another group of people responsible for crime.
    ...Criminials? Because eh... they also commit most of the crim here.
    Or you talking about another 'type' of people? Because you have to be more specific, although i'm assuming the worst.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Always have to make sure you +1 your enemy.
    Build a Railgun in your backyard! just to be safe.
    Na. Just be a good shot and use the right weapon for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    But you do get that more people are killed by random gun violence in the US than by terrorists, right?
    I mean, more people are killed by accidents involving guns than by terror.

You're actually more likely to be shot by your own gun than being killed by a terrorist.

But you still don't see a problem, do you?
    Not at all. Because I understand statistics do not tell the whole story. I have had firearms for decades. And automobiles. Never had any accidents with my firearms, but sure have with my automobiles. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Was it a domestic or imported hammer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Was it a domestic or imported hammer?
    Obviously a unregulated one. They should put serial numbers on hammers too. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Na. Just be a good shot and use the right weapon for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Not at all. Because I understand statistics do not tell the whole story. I have had firearms for decades. And automobiles. Never had any accidents with my firearms, but sure have with my automobiles. :P
    So you say you understand statistics yet you use one instance to prove that your right...
    Are you sure you understand?

But sure, I've owned firearms for many years as well. No accidents.
    That doesn't change the fact that giving one to people that can't handle it is a bad idea.
    Last edited by Aggrophobic; 2017-06-07 at 04:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    So you say you understand statistics yet you use one instance to prove that your right...
    Are you sure you understand?

But sure, I've firearms for many years as well. No accidents.
    That doesn't change the fact that giving one to people that can't handle it is a bad idea.
    What I am saying is, if I lived in say, Chicago, then the chances of me getting shot there would be far greater than they are where I live in Ohio. So in this way, the statistics can be misleading. Makes no difference however what the statistics are, if I want to use one for self protection. Having it when I need it, is what matters.

I agree in the US we could do better when it comes to training for gun owners. And closing loop holes for background checks would be good. But we do have regulations which by law, certain people can not have use of a firearm. Such as criminals, certain lawful restrictions as a restraining order, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    What I am saying is, if I lived in say, Chicago, then the chances of me getting shot there would be far greater than they are where I live in Ohio. So in this way, the statistics can be misleading. Makes no difference however what the statistics are, if I want to use one for self protection. Having it when I need it, is what matters.

I agree in the US we could do better when it comes to training for gun owners. And closing loop holes for background checks would be good. But we do have regulations which by law, certain people can not have use of a firearm. Such as criminals, certain lawful restrictions as a restraining order, etc.
    That comes of as way more reasonable. Thank you.