Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Testify to what? Has he been indicted for any crime?
    Doesn't have to be indicted for any crime to testify before congress. I want him dragged before congress to hear it straight from the horses mouth his version of events Comey told today.
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Again, the first mention of any memo's from Comey is in the NYT's May 16 article. There is no mention before that, including in their May 11 article.

You're still being dishonest.
    How am I being dishonest? You are suggesting someone else leaked the memo when Comey himself admitted to doing it, under oath. You have no evidence what so ever to back up your assertion that someone else did it. To go further, to suggest that he leak his memos, after they've already been leaked is just stupid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    How am I being dishonest? You are suggesting someone else leaked the memo when Comey himself admitted to doing it, under oath. You have no evidence what so ever to back up your assertion that someone else did it. To go further, to suggest that he leak his memos, after they've already been leaked is just stupid.
    The memos were not leaked on the 11th. That is where you are being dishonest and are being flat out wrong.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    He truly is not under investigation. However, it is clear (as all intelligence directors have said) that Russia interfered in the election in order to help candidate Trump, with many of his underlings having had meetings with various Russians. Coincidence?

So yeah, if an investigation into someone else could potentially turn up incriminating evidence against the president, he can't really order the stop of said investigation.
    Nice mental gymnastics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    From his sworn testimony today - he told only one person and provided them the unclassified memo, which that person may still have in their possession. Who the other sources are, we don't know.
    So...the exact same information that was in the memo was what was reported by the NYT on 05/09.

Comeon now...you watch Rachel Maddow....connect the dots! LOL!

7+ Year Old Account
    Nice mental gymnastics
    You not understanding the difference between trump and his campaign is either idiocy or dishonesty.

- - - Updated - - -

So...the exact same information that was in the memo was what was reported by the NYT on 05/09.

Comeon now...you watch Rachel Maddow....connect the dots! LOL!

No, not the same information.
    Nice mental gymnastics.

You should have just called us "racist". That is what all anti-Trumpers usually do when they know they have lost the argument and have nothing but speculation and conspiracy theories to bolster their "opinions".

Trump 2020! MAGA baby!
    Treating MAGA like a slogan for 2020 is a de facto admission that he's not going to do it in this 4 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    You should have just called us "racist". That is what all anti-Trumpers usually do when they know they have lost the argument and have nothing but speculation and conspiracy theories to bolster their "opinions".

Trump 2020! MAGA baby!
    Thundercats HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

10+ Year Old Account
    Here we go again. This testimony has not given us any progress whatsoever.

Pro-Trump had what they wanted. A nice shield to cover Trump from both the Russia investigation and his GoP opponents.

Anti-Trump also had what they wanted. A nice argument to try to take Trump down AND the GoP at the same time.

Exactly like Russia before.

In other words, back to square one.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    The memos were not leaked on the 11th. That is where you are being dishonest and are being flat out wrong.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/11/u...ring.html?_r=0

You were saying

Comey provide one memo to a friend to leak to press, yes.

But content of the other memos was known internally within the FBI, and as I mentioned the May 11 article makes no mention of the existence of any memo's, while the May 16 article is the first recorded mention I can find on the internet of any media mentioning a memo written by Comey.

You're being dishonest because you're continuing to push a lie despite it largely being pretty well debunked. There is nothing that supports your argument beyond, "THERE WAS OVERLAP IN THE CONTENT!" which is at best a "correlation not causation" issue.

Do you really think the NYT wouldn't mention the memo if they knew it existed on May 11?

Yes, and? The professor Comey gave the memo to was not the only person to know they existed. Also, the May 11 article dealt with topics not covered in the memo that was the basis for the May 16 report. May 11 references both the Oval Office meeting (which is what the May 16 article covers) as well as the private dinner Comey had with Trump, which was not covered in the memo that was the basis for the May 16 article.

If you want to put on blinders, like those on a horse, to facts and context you don't like, that's fine. But don't expect anyone else to buy the BS you push.

Quote where they mention the existence of a memo.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-06-08 at 11:14 PM.

I'll take the democratic law professors word over yours
    All he's saying is Trump has the legal right to obstruct justice. So while they're might not be a legal case there, there is ammo to use against him in the 2020 election.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was more to the memos than a single bit of information. It's possible that piece of information was dissemination on the 11th and the entirety of the memos was released on the 15th. Basically you've proved nothing.

Lost? What are you talking about. We're winning. Your unwillingness or inability to read things that counter your position in its entirety in no way shape or form changes the underlying facts of the case.

Today was a disaster for Donald Trump. The past 130 days have largely been a disaster for the weakest President in modern history. And remember: Trump's worst days are head of him, not behind.

Trump 2020! MAGA baby!
    I wouldn't bet on it. We're going to take your President from you.

7+ Year Old Account
    From the article:

Mr. Comey described details of his refusal to pledge his loyalty to Mr. Trump to several people close to him on the condition that they not discuss it publicly while he was F.B.I. director. But now that Mr. Comey has been fired, they felt free to discuss it on the condition of anonymity.

I didn't realize memos could talk. But anything is possible when you're that delusional. Keep up the mental gymnastics.

Since you lack the capacity to understand:

Comeys friends tell the story.
    Trump threatens comey.
    Comey leaks the memo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    Here we go again. This testimony has not given us any progress whatsoever.

Pro-Trump had what they wanted. A nice shield to cover Trump from both the Russia investigation and his GoP opponents.

Anti-Trump also had what they wanted. A nice argument to try to take Trump down AND the GoP at the same time.

Exactly like Russia before.

In other words, back to square one.
    Not really, the testimony today went from the media to congressional records and it gave people the opportunity to cross examine Comey. That's the most important part of this.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    You not understanding the difference between trump and his campaign is either idiocy or dishonesty.

- - - Updated - - -

No, not the same information.
    Nice mental gymnastics.
    It's mental gymnastics because Trump isn't under investigation. You can't look at maybe's and hypothetical's or future there of's and apply it real time. That's not how the legal system works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Not really, the testimony today went from the media to congressional records and it gave people the opportunity to cross examine Comey. That's the most important part of this.
    I find myself to be more empathetic toward him, that's a fact. I think Comey has been extremely professional with how he handled everything. Whether or not the GoP or the Democrats won today, I'd say none did, which is what I guess many people expected to see turn.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Lost? What are you talking about. We're winning. Your unwillingness or inability to read things that counter your position in its entirety in no way shape or form changes the underlying facts of the case.

Today was a disaster for Donald Trump. The past 130 days have largely been a disaster for the weakest President in modern history. And remember: Trump's worst days are head of him, not behind.

I wouldn't bet on it. We're going to take your President from you.
    L O L

/10char

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    >click the article
    >ctrl+f "memo"
    >no hits
    Read the article, the entire thing is about the contents of those memos

7+ Year Old Account
    L O L

/10char

- - - Updated - - -

Read the article, the entire thing is about the contents of those memos
    L O L keep up the gymnastics.

I don't see any reference to any of the other meetings with trump. Don't you think they would include those?