Page 44 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The part that negated the militia portion of what you quoted, happened not that long ago:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dist...mbia_v._Heller
    Yes, I'm aware of that. The SCOTUS has expanded lots of rights over the sweep of US history. I was referring mainly to the fact that the right to own and use firearms for hunting and personal defense is considered by many people to be a core American principle.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Yes, it is. It is also entirely possible that it was Comey.
    Yes, if you believe that Comey lied under oath, while not a single other person cable of doing it, actually did the same. You are literally saying that the only person who under oath said he didn't do it, was the guy who did it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Given how careful he was with everything, what makes you think this is a reasonable possibility?
    Why ask a question you know the answer to?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Yes, I'm aware of that. The SCOTUS has expanded lots of rights over the sweep of US history. I was referring mainly to the fact that the right to own and use firearms for hunting and personal defense is considered by many people to be a core American principle.
    That's not what gun culture refers to.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Given how careful he was with everything, what makes you think this is a reasonable possibility?
    Because, as is evident by his testimony today, his ego is crushed that Trump fired him for doing a "lousy job" when he himself thought he was just GREAT!

For a lot of people, their ego's get the best of them. The whole reason that both Democrats and Republicans hate him is because he crushed their egos by winning the election. It leads them to things like trying to save face.

Trump was spot on when he said Comey was a "showboat". He more than proved that today.

"I am Mr. Straight Arrow - but I never stepped up and quit when I thought the POTUS was compromising me."

Riiiiiight.

"And although the law required no reason at all to fire an FBI director, the administration then chose to defame me and, more importantly, the FBI by saying that the organization was in disarray, that it was poorly led, that the workforce had lost confidence in its leader.

Those were lies, plain and simple, and I am so sorry that the FBI workforce had to hear them and I’m so sorry that the American people were told them."
    Last edited by mmocc836e66a65; 2017-06-09 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    As much as I hate "gun culture": "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution.

So there's at least 1 American principle they hang on to.
    Gun rights are fine, but the modern interpretation of the Second Amendment, especially as the far right and their paranoia about Gun Control hold it, is an artifact of the 1950s and later.

And truth be told, guns won't save American from an oppressive governments. Wanna see how men with guns fair against governments with drones and sophisticated sensors? Ask Al Qaeda. Al Qaeda is why I reard every fucking "freedom militia" as an absolute joke. Al Qaeda are a group of evil mother fuckers, but they're also something else - world class in the art of spying tactics, hiding in remote areas, and urban militancy. Objectively, they are very good at it. And despite being very good at it, despite hiding in some of the most poorly mapped and remote regions on Earth, despite hiding among a foreign culture and sympathetic people who worship a different faith and speak a very foreign language... drones have still spent over a decade decimating them. All their advantages and skill sets, and countless have met theiir maker on the other end of a hellfire missile.

And I'm supposed to believe that some deplorables playing dress up soldier on the weekends at a State Park, is supposed to act as a protection against an oppressive government? Good joke. Those losers don't know a supply line that isn't Walmart. They'd get drone struck the first NCAA playoffs push notification they got to the AT&T cellphone they use.

There is nothing wrong with Gun ownership objectively. But the way in which many Americans hug them is really a reflection of their own pathologies.. the deep paranoia, the fear, the anger. Of course, in truth, statistically speaking its far more likely that you or I would be murdered by a loved one or a friend, than a home invader or a wrong-place-wrong-time kind of thing. Which makes it all the more tragic in the end I guess. Many American gun owners hug their guns so tightly because they are people with little control in their lives, and it gives them a sense of control and power.

To be clear, the problem isn't the law, or the constitution. It's the people. Frankly, they don't need a gun. They need a good shrink.

- - - Updated - - -

I won when Trump pulled out of TPP. I won when Trump pulled out of the Paris Accord.
    China wants to send you a fruit basket. You're everything they could hope for.

By the way, get ready for Son of TPP. <3

Because, as is evident by his testimony today, his ego is crushed that Trump fired him for doing a "lousy job" when he himself thought he was just GREAT!

For a lot of people, their ego's get the best of them. The whole reason that both Democrats and Republicans hate him is because he crushed their egos by winning the election. It leads them to things like trying to save face.

Trump was spot on when he said Comey was a "showboat". He more than proved that today.

"I am Mr. Straight Arrow - but I never stepped up and quit when I though the POTUS was compromising me."

Riiiiiight.

"And although the law required no reason at all to fire an FBI director, the administration then chose to defame me and, more importantly, the FBI by saying that the organization was in disarray, that it was poorly led, that the workforce had lost confidence in its leader.

Those were lies, plain and simple, and I am so sorry that the FBI workforce had to hear them and I’m so sorry that the American people were told them."
    You know, you can talk about his ego as much as you like, in legal terms that is inconsequential. Why he made the statement may be of interest to you, so you can personally hate the person that dared to attack your godking. But what interests the powers that be, specifically this committee is not why he made the testimony. It's the content of the testimony.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    China wants to send you a fruit basket. You're everything they could hope for.
    Got it yesterday - was so thoughtful of them. I especially liked the smog soaked apples! Yum!

1) lol McCain was high.
    2) Trump is having and will have some very good time

Have Comey and Trump in public testimony exchange words but I bet Trump doesn't have that mental capacity. At this point I really wonder who will be the first one to sell out Trump to save their own skin.

by the way has Trump's lawyer said anything?

Got it yesterday - was so thoughtful of them. I especially liked the smog soaked apples! Yum!
    The lack of foresight and future preparation of you trumpistas is really baffling. I really thought that your ilk was only part stupid... but now i get that you cant muster what we call "higher functions".
    China loves what trumpy is soing with the TPP, and with the accord. It just gives more power to them, at long term. Can you at least (if you love your country) think of a china being the sole superpower, and the US relegated because of donnie's policies, and not feel cheated?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    The lack of foresight and future preparation of you trumpistas is really baffling. I really thought that your ilk was only part stupid... but now i get that you cant muster what we call "higher functions".
    China loves what trumpy is soing with the TPP, and with the accord. It just gives more power to them, at long term. Can you at least (if you love your country) think of a china being the sole superpower, and the US relegated because of donnie's policies, and not feel cheated?
    Why feel cheated? It's drama. And drama is entertaining. You have to remember, Trumpkins don't care about politics. Politics requires them to think. But they do love dramatic entertainment, comfortably consumed from their own homes. They don't give a shit about the USA, but they would sure love to watch a civil war if they could. Failing that, they'll gladly take the second best and watch some political drama on TV and people like you flipping out on the forums. Because that's the sort of thing stupid people like...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just imagining the conversation between Kushner,Sessions, and Priebus, standing outside the oval office, waiting for Trump to finish his private conversation with Comey.

You know they played rock/paper/scissor or some shit to see who would open the door to check on the conversation.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    @cubby

Talked to my brother (for others reading, an Assistant District Attorney in a New York City borough, assigned to the public corruption unit, so he handles this stuff for a job).

His assessment?

What Comey presented today is far more than enough for Trump to be placed under investigation for obstruction, which he thinks he already is. The intent as publicly shown here is nearly enough to make the case bulletproof. If what Mueller has, or what Comey testified to in private is even half as damaging as what Comey laid out today, then Trump's days are numbered. He screwed himself.

A big take away he shared is this: memo's by law enforcement personnel, including the FBI, are considered a very reliable piece of evidence in court. In a trial, Trump would have to prove the content of the memo's is false and that Comey is lying (as opposed to Comey have to prove that the memos are reliable), especially with regards to intent. Prosecutors would need more than the memo's to demonstrate intent, but not much more, and Trump's public statements and the context of reported news events are likely enough.

To quote my brother "Every time Comey wrote a memo from his meeting with Trump, he was creating a piece of evidence that would be nearly impossible for Trump to fight directly against in a legal sense given the context of everything else that's occurred and been said by Trump"

Happy Comey Day.
    Yes, like I stated earlier in the week. If he can prove a history of having written memos they are indeed submissible as legal documents.
    This is why it is a good idea to take notes of your business conversations. And keep those notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    So it's about you trying to derail the thread. Gotcha.
    Gotcha? I was just answering someone else's inquiry if I am not mistaken my friend.

Have a nice evening everyone.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-06-09 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Yes, like I stated earlier in the week. If he can prove a history of having written memos they are indeed submissible as legal documents.
    And Robert Mueller now has them. Game, set, match.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    Ok, show us where he commanded, directed, or asked Comey to do that. I'm not gonna wait around because he never did.
    Um...I linked the article. I get the feeling you're using willful ignorance because it's the only thing left, blatant denial.

Shame that doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    No, the reasons for Flynn's resignation have been thoroughly beaten to death.
    They have.
    a) He got caught talking to the Russians.
    b) He resigned in disgrace.
    The best you'll be able to respond with is "he got caught lying about talking to the Russians" which is also a pretty stupid defense, but again, the only one you have left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The best you'll be able to respond with is "he got caught lying about talking to the Russians" which is also a pretty stupid defense, but again, the only one you have left.
    I never understood that one. Saying that Flynn had nothing to do with Russia, because he only lied about Russia, is completely illogical. It's like saying that posting on this forum, is not posting on the internet.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    There are people going to sports bars to watch this hearing on the big TVs, lol.
    It really is funny isn't it? They made it out to be a huge spectacle. I wonder if people had CNN and FOX watch parties at home tonight just to see the analysis talk shows.

10+ Year Old Account
    He asked Comey ONE TIME to cut Flynn some slack? And then waited supposedly 2 months to fire him? Also, do you have ANY concrete proof that the conversation even took place? Just becuase COMEY said it did? You better hope there aren't any tapes.
    Actually, seeing as how Trump claimed to have tapes and Comey repeatedly said he wants them released, going as far as to say he relinquished any rights that would prevent their release... puts the ball squarely in Trump's court... time to put up or shut up. Up to this point Trump has shut up and even Comey demanding their release has not swayed Trump yet.

You can now add Trump either lying about those tapes or too scared to release them... there is no third option. Comey is on record, under oath, releasing all rights to withhold those tapes.

It really is funny isn't it? They made it out to be a huge spectacle. I wonder if people had CNN and FOX watch parties at home tonight just to see the analysis talk shows.
    "They" didn't do anything. You had a former FBI director, who was fired by the very president whose campaign and associates his organization is investigating, testifying under oath to directly contradict several things the president asserted.

It's a spectacle because the president is walking shit show who can't stop punching himself in the face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    I'm just imagining the conversation between Kushner,Sessions, and Priebus, standing outside the oval office, waiting for Trump to finish his private conversation with Comey.

You know they played rock/paper/scissor or some shit to see who would open the door to check on the conversation.
    I think it played out like this:

https://youtu.be/fnTbO26u9bQ

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    "They" didn't do anything. You had a former FBI director, who was fired by the very president whose campaign and associates his organization is investigating, testifying under oath to directly contradict several things the president asserted.

It's a spectacle because the president is walking shit show who can't stop punching himself in the face.
    News to me that the PotUS is under investigation. The campaign, yes. The PotUS, no. But then again is aren't both the RNC and DNC campaigns under investigation?
    People may want him under investigation and he may come under investigation. But their hopes of him actually being under investigation are gone like a fart in the wind for now.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-06-09 at 02:01 AM.

News to me that the PotUS is under investigation. People may want him under investigation and he may come under investigation. But their hopes of him actually being under investigation are gone like a fart in the wind for now.
    Reading is fundamental.