Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Please, link one thing where @Skroe had a financial interest in the outcome. You've clearly never read his post, ever. But it's great that you lash out at people verbally, then cry home to momma when the same is visited upon you.
    He's referring to some stuff I wrote last year regarding investing at a young age, my father giving me some money to invest as a birthday Present years ago, that sort of thing.

How dare I be part of the investor class in the Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc. How dare I decide to open a Fidelity account rather than spend it The Geforce 1080 I don't need, the Xbox one I won't play, or the new car I didn't need (well i do now, mine got wrecked =( ).

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    As I recall it was much more than that, not merely some birthday money when you were a kid or the common minor personal account. More obfuscation on your part.

I'm not going through a year or more of thousands of posts to dig it up, nor am I going to continue in this thread when it's been derailed to hell and clearly the mods are riled up.

I didn't want to make another thread...so:
    Trump friend says president considering firing Mueller
    Hmf...to actually do it, Trump would have to order Sessions to do it...There's a joke there somewhere...

Perhaps Trump and company just want to give the appearance that they pissed Mueller off so they can say he isn't able to be unbiased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Don't care if report is real or not. There is a zero percent chance. Nobody could be so stupid as to let Trump do that.

Hmf...to actually do it, Trump would have to order Sessions to do it...There's a joke there somewhere...

Perhaps Trump and company just want to give the appearance that they pissed Mueller off so they can say he isn't able to be unbiased.
    Something something Nixon speedrun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Something something Nixon speedrun.
    Alright I laughed far harder than I likely should have, thanks for the end of the day giggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Don't care if report is real or not. There is a zero percent chance. Nobody could be so stupid as to let Trump do that.
    Hasn't most of us here said the same thing in the past couple of months?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hasn't most of us here said the same thing in the past couple of months?
    ...valid. But the GOP knows full well they are already on shaky ground. Saying "I am above the law" entirely like such would be unacceptable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Let Trump? Nobody puts Baby in the corner...
    Please find and copy any of Trump's tweets from June 8th.

I won't be surprised if this is why (in part) Sessions wants to go public on testimony.

...valid. But the GOP knows full well they are already on shaky ground. Saying "I am above the law" entirely like such would be unacceptable.
    Yes, but funnily enough it is in the GOP's best interest to allow Trump to burn himself to the ground. They need to ditch him without alienating his voters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    They need to ditch him without alienating his voters.
    There are his voters, and there are his rabid fanbase. Trump's rabid fanbase accepts anything Trump says with blind faith (42% unemployment) refuses to believe he could do anything wrong, and will not desert him under any conditions. You can already see it in their reaction to The Wall not being built. Trump voters, by contrast, were looking for things like a SCOTUS appointment, the better/cheaper health care he promised, the better govt transparency he promised, the lower taxes he promised, the trillion in free infrastructure he promised, the 25 million jobs he promised, and the rest of the world bowing and scraping to our demands for better trade deals he promised. They have gotten the first one. But they are slowly warming to the fact that Trump has either given up on his campaign promises, or has found them to be impossible. THEY are the ones the GOP needs to salvage. The rabid fanbase is lost to them, and quite frankly, logic and reasoning entirely.

10+ Year Old Account

Gonna take that source with a massive grain of salt. That's retarded even for Trump.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

There are his voters, and there are his rabid fanbase. Trump's rabid fanbase accepts anything Trump says with blind faith (42% unemployment) refuses to believe he could do anything wrong, and will not desert him under any conditions. You can already see it in their reaction to The Wall not being built. Trump voters, by contrast, were looking for things like a SCOTUS appointment, the better/cheaper health care he promised, the better govt transparency he promised, the lower taxes he promised, the trillion in free infrastructure he promised, the 25 million jobs he promised, and the rest of the world bowing and scraping to our demands for better trade deals he promised. They have gotten the first one. But they are slowly warming to the fact that Trump has either given up on his campaign promises, or has found them to be impossible. THEY are the ones the GOP needs to salvage. The rabid fanbase is lost to them, and quite frankly, logic and reasoning entirely.
    I agree completely. Now the GOP would obviously want to retain these voters. And that's where the pinch is, I think. They cannot just ditch him because then they would validate Trump's narrative about being obstructed in Congress. They have to let him completely and undeniable expose himself as a crook and a fraud, but without associating those qualities with the GOP itself. Tall task, eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Gonna take that source with a massive grain of salt.
    ...Chris Ruddy? He was actually at a White House meeting, has been a friend of Trump's for years, said the whole thing was an opinion ("I think") and was clear that such a move would be a massive mistake. He said all of this in broad freaking daylight, and Sean Spice specifically and directly addressed it.r

I don't think you actually doubt the source. I think you doubt the implied possible results. That's fine. So did the source.

Now, this opinion piece on the subject, they have a pretty good theory about how/why this came to pass. Take a look.

So, what is Ruddy up to here?

My (educated) guess is that during his visit to the White House on Monday, Ruddy heard that Trump was considering firing Mueller. Ruddy thought, rightly, that doing so would be an absolutely terrible political move. Rather than calling the President to tell him that, Ruddy took to a medium where he knew Trump would listen: TV.

We know from the 2016 campaign that Trump's advisers and friends would use cable television appearances to send messages to Trump that he was simply not hearing in private conversations. For Trump, seeing things on TV somehow validated them, gave them an added level of importance that one-on-one communications lacked.

Yes, this is strange, unorthodox and unlike any past president. But, so is almost everything Trump has said and done since he became a candidate for president almost exactly two years ago today.

Those who successfully influence Trump meet him on his terms, not their own. That's what Ruddy is doing here. Telling Trump his opinions through the TV filter. Because he knows that's the only way to ensure Trump will hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    That's retarded even for Trump.
    Yeah but we wind up saying that a lot...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    What time does the Sessions session kick off today?

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    What time does the Sessions session kick off today?
    According to the other thread, 2:30pm EDT

10+ Year Old Account
    http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...o-fire-mueller

Deputy AG Rosenstein: No good cause to fire Mueller

Excerpt:

“Have you seen good cause for firing Mueller?” Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.) asked Rosenstein.

“I have not,” he replied.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to the other thread, 2:30pm EDT
    It starts at 2 on this stream:

https://youtu.be/6c-C0SQHXyI
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi