Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Is it worth spending AP further than rank 52 for warlocks?

I'm affliction and since intellect is one of our worst stats, is it really worth it? Or are you spending it on getting the other specs to 52?

Quote Originally Posted by psir View Post
    I'm affliction and since intellect is one of our worst stats, is it really worth it? Or are you spending it on getting the other specs to 52?
    Only you can decide whether 300 intellect is worth it for you over an offspec. For me it is not but I do play all 3 specs and they are already maxed so I am now back to the main spec whatever that will be.

Deleted
    I just brought all weapons to 52 and then put any other AP into my Afflicion Artifact, which is my main specc.

Raw intellect is NEVER a bad thing...

I personally have destruction at 52 and will be 57 in affliction shortly - haven't bothered with demo yet but that's just me...

Deleted
    I mean sure Intellect is always good but each point more gives you so little back that is not worth chasing it.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazzar View Post
    I mean sure Intellect is always good but each point more gives you so little back that is not worth chasing it.
    what alternative do you suggest, selling your AP tokens? It is fairly easy to bring all three weapons to 52 points, after that just put AP into your main weapon. After a while the increase is marginal, but what else are you planning to?
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    It's not worth going past 43 traits tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    It's not worth going past 43 traits tbh
    You mean 52? Because it's god damn worth to go up to 52 traits in your weapon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    You mean 52? Because it's god damn worth to go up to 52 traits in your weapon.
    No, I mean 43.

No, I mean 43.
    If you only do WQ's and LFR then yes, 43 is enough.

Deleted
    I'm focusing on getting destro to 52 first before even thinking about 53 for affliction.

With the destro changes to mastery it will be far less punishing playing it in affliction gear, so i will be switching to it on cleave fights, where it is significantly stronger than affy by miles.

No, I mean 43.
    Nice joke.

Who cares if int is our worst stat? It´s 300 int per trait. Simple as that. Do you put gems in your open slots?

It´s an upgrade. I would first bring every weapon to 52 before making 53 in one (well I already did). But after that yes it is an upgrade. However small it may be.

Deleted
    I really don't get this... If an item drops that is 5 ilvl higher than your current one, you would be on it like flies on (enter favorite fly-place), but as soon as you yourself have to put effort in instead of letting 10-20 others do that for you, it's not worth it?

Also, "52nd is god damn worth it!" But 62nd that basically gives you the same on top isn't? WHY? Yes, it takes more effort and more time to get there, but when you have it, you have almost twice the benefit of the 52nd point that is so important in so many people's eyes.

Admittedly, I like playing the game and do a lot of the content open to me, so I get quite a bit of AP naturally. Last week (at AK39), I got 4.2bn AP. In 1 week, and I didn't even really do it for the AP, but because I like playing the game (WQ, Raid, m+, Invasions, World Bosses, Broken Isles etc.) With AK40 this week, it will be even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    I really don't get this... If an item drops that is 5 ilvl higher than your current one, you would be on it like flies on (enter favorite fly-place), but as soon as you yourself have to put effort in instead of letting 10-20 others do that for you, it's not worth it?

Also, "52nd is god damn worth it!" But 62nd that basically gives you the same on top isn't? WHY? Yes, it takes more effort and more time to get there, but when you have it, you have almost twice the benefit of the 52nd point that is so important in so many people's eyes.

Admittedly, I like playing the game and do a lot of the content open to me, so I get quite a bit of AP naturally. Last week (at AK39), I got 4.2bn AP. In 1 week, and I didn't even really do it for the AP, but because I like playing the game (WQ, Raid, m+, Invasions, World Bosses, Broken Isles etc.) With AK40 this week, it will be even more.
    Yeah items give other stats too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    Yeah items give other stats too
    Yeah, that 5 ilvl increase will give you like 100 int, and maybe 50 per stat. Overall, it will make probably a similar difference in overall DPS as another level in paragon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    what alternative do you suggest, selling your AP tokens? It is fairly easy to bring all three weapons to 52 points, after that just put AP into your main weapon. After a while the increase is marginal, but what else are you planning to?
    No, I didn't wrote that. What I said was "Get every weapon to 52 and then put the spare AP into your main Artifact.".

What I menat was that there is no point in chasing 53+ points in your artifact weapon like you did to get to 52. You can take it smooth from there on. That's what I mean!

If you are affliction only then why spend AP on other specs? If you are planning on playing the other specs then sure, but if not then no don't spend anything on them.

Deleted
    Depends if you're still progressing on something, might as well just dump it into aff if you're still progressing, otherwise a balanced spread is probably ideal so you're prepared for any spec switches in TOS.

Deleted
    I Don't know what you guys saying here but I'm 57 and I'm feeling the difference on my dps meter.I won't stop chasing more points.

Στάλθηκε από το F8131 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk