10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.

James Comey Opening statement appears on Senate Intelligence Committee website

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/...mey-060817.pdf

So this is Comey's bombshell opening statement going to the point of just short of accusing Donald Trump of obstruction of justice. Of course, it's not Comey's place to decide whether or not Trump did commit such a heinous crime. That will be for the Committee and the courts to decide with his testimony and paper trail as evidence.

Excerpts include such gems as:
    The President then returned to the topic of Mike Flynn, saying, “He is a good guy and has been through a lot.” He repeated that Flynn hadn’t done anything wrong on his calls with the Russians, but had misled the Vice President. He then said, “I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.” I replied only that “he is a good guy.”
    And
    I had understood the President to be requesting that we drop any investigation of Flynn in connection with false statements about his conversations with the Russian ambassador in December. I did not understand the President to be talking about the broader investigation into Russia or possible links to his campaign. I could be wrong, but I took him to be focusing on what had just happened with Flynn’s departure and the controversy around his account of his phone calls. Regardless, it was very concerning, given the FBI’s role as an independent investigative agency.
    And
    I felt compelled to document my first conversation with the President-Elect in a memo. To ensure accuracy, I began to type it on a laptop in an FBI vehicle outside Trump Tower the moment I walked out of the meeting. Creating written records immediately after one-on-one conversations with Mr. Trump was my practice from that point forward. This had not been my practice in the past. I spoke alone with President Obama twice in person (and never on the phone) – once in 2015 to discuss law enforcement policy issues and a second time, briefly, for him to say goodbye in late 2016. In neither of those circumstances did I memorialize the discussions. I can recall nine one-on-one conversations with President Trump in four months – three in person and six on the phone.
    Getting this under oath in front of live cameras is going to be a modern spectacle.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2017-06-07 at 09:17 PM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Somehow, I imagine this is going to turn into "but what about benghazi?" And any evidence is going to be waved away as partisan because that other investigation didn't yield anything substantial.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    Somehow, I imagine this is going to turn into "but what about benghazi?" And any evidence is going to be waved away as partisan because that other investigation didn't yield anything substantial.
    her emails though

Joking aside, I'm reserving judgement until after the questioning. That's where the treasure be buried.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    We have a thread for this...
    Did a quick jaunt through the top 50 of Gen OT and didn't find anything relating to the publishing of Comey's testimony on the Senate Intelligence Committee's website.

I imagine you're talking about the billion of other Trump themed threads, to which I respond "I don't care."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    her emails though

Joking aside, I'm reserving judgement until after the questioning. That's where the treasure be buried.
    If the questioning is the treasure, then this opening testimony is the map.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is being discussed here and doesnt really need its own thread, due to being directly related to his testimony tomorrow:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-TV-and-online

For the future, political threads go in the politics section.

Closing