10+ Year Old Account

Earthquake Macro

It has been a while posting to the forums, and additionally I recently came back from a break in WOW.

I started working on the new content on the Broken Shore, and I finally reached my breaking point with Earthquake.

Is there a way you can macro Earthquake to automatically be placed at the feet of your target? If there is and it was in a previous thread I apologize, but I dug back a little bit and didn't see anything.

I appreciate the help, thanks for always providing thoughtful responses.

Unfortunately not "at the feet of your target", but you can get pretty close by using a macro like-

/cast [@cursor] Earthquake

That will basically skip the extra click and just drop it directly where your mouse is. You're going to miss a bunch at first, but once you get used to it it feels much better than the default.

I wouldn't be able to stand playing elemental if it wasn't for the cast @cursor macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihiel View Post
    I wouldn't be able to stand playing elemental if it wasn't for the cast @cursor macro.
    Yea... the @cursor macro is useful for alot of spells, I use it for stun totem, ebind, healing rain, gift of the queen, equake.... basically any aoe spell/totem. Makes a huge difference in speed.

For sure it does. When AoEing as elemental and having to double cast EQ after every CL (because of overload MS generation) it's just impossible not to lose uptime if you have to click the ground on each EQ cast. In that sense, you can't play ele properly without the macro; it's a necessity.

Didnt blizz add @Target macro conditional for exactly this kind of situation?

I remember reading a forum thread where macro makers were very happy because of this addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Didnt blizz add @Target macro conditional for exactly this kind of situation?

I remember reading a forum thread where macro makers were very happy because of this addition.
    They added @Player for quick casts but not @Target